House Show Results from Duluth , MN - 02/27/00
House Show Results from Duluth, MN - 02/27/00
Sent in by Jarod, webmaster of ChrisKanyon.com
Just a forewarning, the card sucked and I don't remember a whole lot of it.
No Crowbar, no David Flair, no Kanyon, this show sucked big time. Much worse than the last House Show I went to.
- Match 1: WCW World Cruiserweight Champion TAFKA Prince Iaukea w/Paisley vs. Kidman w/Torrie- Cruiserweight Title match
- The crowd was totally into this match. Paisley got on the mic and insulted Kidman and Torrie, before handing the mic to Kidman. Kidman called Paisley a bitch, then challenged them to a mixed tag match. The Artist took the mic, said something completely inaudible (the crowd was booing too loud) and the match was on. A lot of stalling by Iaukea, he eventually landed his DDT from the middle rope, but Kidman kicked out after 2. Iaukea then took his belt, hit Kidman in the head with it and got the 3 count. Post match, Paisley and Torrie fought, before Kidman drop-kicked Iaukea out of the ring.
- Your Winner: TAFKAPI via pinfall
- To anyone who cares, I met both of these guys before the show. TAFKAPI was really cool, Kidman on the other hand was pretty pissed looking, but he did take the time to let me get a picture with him.
- Match 2: Norman Smiley vs. Fit Finlay
- Nothing you haven't seen before. Fit got a chair and went to hit Norman, but the ref grabbed the chair. In the struggle, Finlay turned around and got the chair drop-kicked into his face. Smiley then got the 3 count.
- Your Winner: Norman Smiley via pinfall
- I also met Smiley. He was talking with a family, so I just waited until he wasn't busy, then asked to get my picture taken with him. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out. Total class act though.
- Match 3: Rick Steiner and Mike Rotunda w/Leia Meow vs. The Harris Twins
- This one was ugly, Harris twins switched illegally behind the ref's back. Leia got in the ring to protest and one the Harris goons grabbed her, only to get rolled up from behind by Steiner.
- Your Winner: The Varsity Club
- Match 4: WCW Hardcore Champion Brian Knobbs vs. The Wall vs. Bam Bam Bigelow 3 way Hardcore Title Match
- Don't know, don't care. Being as how it was a House Show, my assumption is Knobbs won.
- Your Winner: Definately not the fans.
- Match 5: Curt Hennig vs. Buff Bagwell
- Typical Bagwell, a lot of sloppy clothelines, a half-assed swinging neckbreaker and a hell of a lot of posing. To counter, Hennig was his usual self. Hennig tried a Hennig-Plex, only to have Bagwell fall on him for a 2 count. Hennig tried again and got the 3 count. Clean job!
- Your Winner: Curt Hennig via pinfall
- Match 6: WCW U.S. Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Vampiro- U.S. Heavyweight Title Match
- I think this was the only match that wasn't worked half-assed. Jarrett hit the ref, then used his finisher on Vampiro (Stroked him?), but the ref was out. Jarrett checked on the ref while Vampiro got up and applied the Nail in the Coffin, but the ref was still out. The Harris Goons ran down, but Vampiro took them both out with a few kicks, grabbed the belt and clocked Jarrett, but the ref was STILL out. The Harris Goons broke the pin, H-Bombed Vampiro, then covered him with Jarrett and woke up the ref. All in all a good match.
- Your Winner: Jeff Jarrett via pinfall
- Once again, I met Vampiro before the show. This guy is one of the coolest people I have ever met.
- Match 7: World Heavyweight Champion Sid Vicious vs. The Total Package w/Liz - World Heavyweight Title Match
- I left when I heard TP's music, so once again, I don't know how it ended, but as it was a House Show, no title change.
- Your Winner: Sid (Somehow)