WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 05/01/99
- One Year Ago On Worldwide: In the wake of the TV Title
changes that were ignored by WCW, Booker T won a squash
and Chris Benoit did an interview. Fit Finley got a win,
and Brian Adams beat Renegade. And, in the midst of his
feud with Raven, DDP beat Sick Boy in the main event and
the Flock didn't run in. (3 month old stuff was great for
- Even before the opening, we go to Piper and Flair arguing
on the 4/19
Nitro. It's that important, I guess.
- Scott Hudson and Larry Zbyszko are this weeks hosts.
- They talk about Flair vs Piper at Slamboree for WCW
- We go to the 4/15
Thunder, and, to quote Hudson. "the
- Onto to the 4/19
Nitro, where Piper gets the paperwork and
discusses with David Flair
- They clearly mention "only 72
- And then back to what we left off in the
- They bleep out something Piper said.
- I wasn't paying close attention to tell
- But I assume it's something obscene like
- The end of the match Nash vs Flair
- Gorgeous George looks about 16 with the
ref shirt and jeans on.
- We close the montage with Flair being taken away
to the mental hospital
- Mean Gene with "The Little Nature Boy" Charles
- Robinson "She's not a woman. She's a
- Robinson "You better mind your place, Mean
- Is that WCW speak for "Know you
- If you think about it (a lot),
"Fruity Booty" is the G-rated
version of "Candy A$$"
- Are they stealing all of the Rock's
- Robinson is acting like he's actually got a
chance to win. Silly him.
- Back to Nitro again, for the Goldberg/DDP match
- Hudson and Zbyszko discuss the Slamboree lineup
- DDP vs Kevin Nash for the World Title
- Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair for WCW
- Buff Bagwell vs Scott Steiner for the US Title
- Kidman/Mysterio vs Benoit/Malenko vs Raven/Saturn
for the Tag Team Belts for the Tag Team Titles
- Sick Boy (w/blond, partially braided hair) vs Super Calo
- The announcers are stunned by Sick Boy's new
- Oh my god, one of these two guys might win a match!
- If there's any justice, it'll be the guy who
hasn't been MIA for most of the last six months.
- Then again, Calo hasn't been around that much
either since the lWo angle.
- Lockup, and into the ropes, clean break
- Sick Boy with a wristlock, Super Calo reveres it
to his own, Sick Boy elbows out.
- Sick Boy puts Calo into a reverse test of
strength, I guess, and give him a knee to the
- Calo with a backwards dropkick to get out and
forearms Sick Boy into the corner.
- Calo with a cross corner whip, Sick Boy moves out
of the way in plenty of time, Calo does a
springboard somersault for no reason
- After Calo does the somersault, he stands up and
gets nailed by a Sick Boy clothesline.
- Sick Boy with a snap mare takedown into a
- What, he needs the rest after 2 minutes of
- Calo elbows out, runs off the ropes and lands a
sunset flip for 2.
- Sick Boy up first, and hits Calo with a spin kick
- Sick Boy charges at Calo, who backdrops him over
the top rope.
- He doesn't go over as good as Jeff Hardy
- No one goes over the top rope like Jeff
- Calo with a slingshot senton on Sick Boy
- He kinda only half hit him though.
- Tenay called it a slingshot headbutt,
although Calo hit Sick Boy with his back.
- Sick Boy back in, Calo up top, flying cross body
caught by Sick Boy into a running front slam.
- Sick Boy with the
- The Cure is not called as such.
- Hudson "A variation of the
- They've been talking about Sick Boy maybe
deciding to change his name, to get rid
of the Flock connection.
- So maybe he'll change his finisher's name
too, and they don't want us to get
attached to the Cure.
- Your Winner: Sick Boy in 2:30
- Rey Mysterio Jr. versus Juventud Guerrera
- Rey and Juvie are in the ring as we come back.
- According to taping results, Juvie, Disco
and Konnan did a skit similar to the one
they did on the 4/7
- Lockup, and Juvie pushes Rey to the mat.
- Juvie taunts the crowd from the turnbuckle, steps
back to the mat and gets punched by Rey.
- They exchange chops, Juvie comes off the ropes
with a shoulderblock.
- Juvie off the ropes, they both avoid each others
moves until Juvie hits a spinning headscissors.
- Juvie with a turnbuckle smash on Rey, then whips
Rey into the ropes.
- Rey ducks under a clothesline, but Juvie turns
around and kicks him in the stomach.
- Juvie tries for an inverted powerbomb, but Rey
quickly reverses to a hiptoss, taking Juvie out
of the ring.
- Rey slides out of the ring and Juvie slides back
- Juvie tries to attack Rey as he gets on the
apron, but Rey hits a shoulder to the midsection.
- Rey quickly goes to the top turnbuckle and hits a
flying cross body.
- Rey elects not to cover, and tries to whip Juvie
into the ropes.
- Juvie reverses and Rey does his spin between the
- Juvie charges at him, but Rey backdrops him over
the top rope.
- Juvie lands on the apron, and gives Rey a Stun
- Juvie slingshots himself back in with a legdrop.
- Juvie hits the
Elbow for a 2 count.
- The announcers hype this up as the possible #1
cruiserweight contender match.
- Juvie complains about the count, then gives Rey a
hold I don't know to take a break.
- Juvie switches into a more typical chinlock and
Rey tries to get the crowd behind him.
- They comply, and we got to a long shot as Rey
- Juvie counters with a cross corner whip.
- Rey kips up on the turnbuckle and lands a headscissors on Juvie when he comes in.
- Juvie's right back up and lands a hard
- Juvie covers, but only a two count.
- Juvie whips Rey under the ropes and to the
- Juvie goes back up to the top turnbuckle and
taunts the crowd again, as Rey rests on the
- Juvie tries to whip Rey into the guardrail, but
Rey reverses and Juvie meets rail.
- Juvie bounces back towards Rey, who gives him a
- After they get back in the ring, Rey with an
Irish whip. Juvie reverses but misses a
clothesline and Rey hits an awesome spinning
- Rey with a ropeflip moonsault for 2.
- This match rules, in case you couldn't tell
- Rey whips, Juvie reverses, Rey with an Asai
moonsault, but Juvie catches him and goes to drop
Rey face first in the corner.
- Rey escapes, pushes Juvie into the corner, Juvie
bounces out backwards and Rey gives him a German
- As per his contract, Juvie flips out of the
German suplex and goes for the Juvie Driver.
- Rey escapes the Juvie Driver down Juvie's back,
kicks Juvie in the stomach and sets up Juvie for
- Juvie blows the Kidman faceslam reversal, but
recovers quickly with a Juvie Driver.
- Juvie covers, but pulls Rey up at 2.
- Juvie goes up top for the 450, but Rey hits the
ropes and crotches him
- Rey signals for the top rope 'rana, and hits it.
- One, two, three.
- Your Winner: Rey Mysterio Jr. in
- That was fun to watch.
- But not to do play by play.
- Mine doesn't do justice to how fast those reversals were coming.
- Mean Gene with Savage and George
- She's 18. At most. Or at least has the plastic
surgery to look it.
- They talk about Madusa helping Gorgeous George, but don't mention her name, for some reason.
- George feels sorry for Robinson for calling her a bimbo
- I just feel sorry for him in general.
- Or not. He is getting to hang out with
his fave wrestler. What does he care if he