- Trivia Question: Which one of these was never an alias of WWF preliminary extraordinare Steve Lombardi?
The Brooklyn Brawler, Doink the Clown, The Gladiator, Kimchee, Abe "KnuckleBall" Schwartz
- The mailbag:
- Joe writes:
I'm from the Detroit area and I've been reading your page for a couple of years now. I almost died laughing when I heard your poll question because my girlfriend actually had the opportunity to sit next to Sid Vicious during a flight from Hawaii to Chicago. She said that he was accompanied by Johnny Rottenl. As for his behavior, there were no lewd incidents to report except that he was an obnoxious jerk. She said that he was hitting on the stewardesses constantly throughout the flight. Personally, I was hoping to hear that Sid attacked the pilot with a knife, but to no avail.
- J.B. writes:
I use the 18" DSS Satellite at my house for my TV programming. One of the neat features is that it gives a description of the program you are watching when you change the channel. For the first time ever, TNT listed the program as "WCW Monday Nitro Live!". Even though RAW was live this past week it seems that Turner wants that distinction every week when people tune in. The wrestling wars should be interesting in '99.
- The mid-week report is going to be real short this week as it's been a very rough six days. However, I will (hopefully) make it up to you this weekend as I should have a couple new features on-line.
- Regarding this week's poll, my girlfriend had an interesting point. She voted for Sid Vicious, because sitting next to him is the one you are least likely to live through.
- The tag team tournament feature is back online.
- If you don't have any plans for halftime during the Super Bowl, you should definitely tune to USA Network. They are showing a rematch between The Rock and Mick Foley for the WWF World Heavyweight Title which has already been filmed in an empty arena. From what I've been reading, it's supposed to be really good, and if you don't want to know how it ends, you'll definitely want to stay away from the WWF website...and most other wrestling websites for that matter, as a number of them are giving away the finish.
On a related note, I read on some other site (I forget which one, so I can't give credit...sorry) that the WWF commercial should be airing during the third quarter. I don't have any confirmation of that, though. From what I read, the commercial is supposed to be really cool.
- Trivia Answer: The Gladiator