WCW House Show Results from Newcastle, England - 11/11/00
WCW House Show Results from Newcastle, England - 11/11/00
By Scotty of Quote The Loose Cannon
- Introduction, etc.
- Nitro Girls came out to jiggle their butts.
- Match #1: Norman Smiley made Kwee Wee submit to the Norman Conquest.
- Norman hit a nice wheelbarrow suplex before winning with the Norman Conquest.
- Match #2: M. I. A. defeated Team Canada.
- Major Gunns looks lots better in the flesh!
- Major heel heat for Lance Storm. He announced that he was the new US champion. As he had Major Gunns cheering for him at his side me smells a heel turn.
- Really good match, Duggan kept out for most of it. Bunch of Morons chanted "USA". Did they not realise they live in the UK? Wankers.
- Match #3: The Cat pinned "Above Average" Mike Sanders following a Feliner.
- The Cat's music played but no Cat.
- Then out came "Above Average" Mike Sanders. Big Asshole chant for him. He rambled for a bit before The Cat with Miss Jones came out and he beat Sanders with the Feliner.
- Match #4: Crowbar defeated Sgt. A-Wall, Meng and Big Vito in a Fatal 4 Way for the Hardcore Title.
- Nice spots from Crowbar. He put Vito through a table with a Northern Lights Suplex.
- The Monster Meng was great. Nice to see him.
- Big clusterf*** at the end when they all piled on top of Vito (I think) but Crowbar was underneath so he retained his title.
- Nitro Girls jiggled again.
- Match #5: Mark Jindrak and Shawn O'Haire defeated The Boogie Knights and The Filthy Animals to retain the WCW World Tag Team Titles.
- Nice work by all of them.
- Konnan disappeared mid-match. No idea why.
- Kronic came out to a huge pop and flattened everyone except the Thrillers.
- Thrillers retain.
- Match #6: Mike Awesome pinned Bam Bam Bigelow following a frog splash.
- Lots of stalling during the match but I enjoyed it when they did actually wrestle.
- Awesome wins with a frog splash.
- Match #7: Kevin Nash, Buff Bagwell and Sting defeated "PerfectShawn" Stasiak, Chuck Palumbo and Reno when Buff pinned Reno.
- Nash actually worked!!! I kid you not! Even Buff did a little bit.
- Huge pop for Nash and Sting.
- Fat drunken idiot in front of me kept shouting "Come on, Nash!" The fact that Sting was in the ring was lost on him.
- Some arsehole chanted "Bring back Hulk."
- Following a big clusterf***, Buff pinned Reno, I think.
- Match #8: Goldberg squashed "The Total Package" Lex Luger in ninety seconds.
- Not a particularly good spear.
- Luger insulted the crowd for not chanting properly for Goldberg. He had a point; they f***ed it up.
- Match #9: Booker T. pinned Scott Steiner following the Bookend to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Title.
- Steiner stalled at the beginning.
- Nice part when Booker T said that the Geordie's would kick his arse if he didn't get in the ring.
- Steiner went after a fan me thinks.
- The referee took a bump then Midajah put on the referee's shirt and was bodyslammed for her troubles. It could have been worse, if it was Hogan she would have been atomic dropped.
- Charles Robinson sped into the ring and counted the pinfall.
- Good match.
Good end to a good evening. No Harris Brothers or Rick Steiner. Mate joked they'd be in the main event as it was only a house show. Matches seemed short.
Biggest pop was for Sting, then Nash then Booker T.
Biggest heel was Steiner followed closely by Storm and Sanders.
The pyro during Goldberg and Booker T's entrances make very loud bangs.
People found it amusing to bottle Scott Steiner. Apparently one hit Midajah in the head and knocked her loopy. Not very sensible, nor were the drunken arses in front of me. Could start up the debate about beer being sold at wrestling matches...
Where were Shane Douglas and Jeff Jarrett? Vampiro's got a headache I know that but there was a load of Slapnuts guitars and T shirts sold and I wanted to see the Franchise.
Had also hoped Flair would pop in to say hello.
Disappointing merchandise stand. nWo stuff!!! No Lance Storm stuff, No MIA, No Steiner, No Booker T from what I saw.
But I enjoyed it, and that's what matters!
Gregor H. of Edinburgh, UK sends the following house show report:
- Myself and three friends (Michael Sweeney, Tony Craven and Steven Todd, who had his digital camera) headed down from Scotland to the WCW House Show in Newcastle to finally
see WCW in the flesh. By showtime we are well fed and ready for a night of screwjob finishes and the usual confusion that comes complete with every WCW Show... or so we thought.
- Dave Penzer came to the ring and welcomed the crowd (which was not sold out
but maybe 80% full). The Nitrogirls (Chae, Baby and Siren) came out and danced when their music
(at the third attempt) cued correctly (this really IS WCW we are seeing!!!).
- Oh, and there are some pics taken by Steven on my website.
- Norman Smiley defeated Kwee Wee (with Paisley) by Norman Conquest.
- Charles Robinson was the referee for the first match, and although the match was disjointed Norman was over with the UK
fans (billed from London, England he is from Northampton, which is not really near London at all).
- General Rection pinned Lance Storm in a six-man tag match between the Canadians and MIA
- Lance Storm came out wearing the Canadian Heavyweight belt, accompanied by Jim Duggan, Elix
Skipper and Major Gunns. Lance got heat and told the crowd that the night before had been a good one
as he was now the Canadian Champion again and Major Gunns was back at his side.
- The crowd popped for the Misfits in Action and the team of General Rection, Lt Loco and Corporal
Cajun. We even moronically chanted USA, USA! An then we even more moronically chanted Can-A-Da when Jim Duggan got us going! D'oh!
- It was a six-man tag with a lot of good wrestling, Storm is a supersmooth wrestler. Loco hit his tornado DDT on Storm to a pop during the match.
- The finish was Storm drop-toeholding and rolling Loco through into the Maple Leaf and as Loco
struggled for the ropes Rection bulldoged Storm, Powerslammed him and covered
for the 1-2-3. (I thought Hugh was going to do his moonsault but he didn't.)
- During the match we were chanting 'Noooooooooooo!' to Jim Duggan's 'Hooooooo!'
- Major Gunns is a real hottie in the flesh, and she was at our side of the ring. Worth the price of admission alone.
- The Cat (with Mrs Jones) defeated Mike Sanders with the Feliner.
- Mike Sanders came out to the Cat's music (another WCW production screw-ups or heel-heat magnet?) and ran the crowd down to a ton of
heat, he was way over as a heel.
- Funniest lines by Sanders:
- You called me what? (crowd chants A**hole, A**hole!)
- Sir, if you shaved your legs and your face then I would realise that you are in fact a woman (said to woman in crowd).
- Crowbar retained his Hardcore tile by pinning Big Vito in a Fatal Four-Way Anything-Goes Falls-Count-Anywhere
between Meng, Sgt AWOL, Big Vito and Crowbar.
- AWOL was out first and then Meng. As they were battering each other Big Vito came followed by
- This was a very stiff match! Crowbar retained the title when he
Northern Lights supplexed Vito through a table propped up in the corner of
the ring. AWOL and Meng piled on but the referee awarded the win to Crowbar.
- Vito lay in the ring for a few minutes and left holding his neck helped by a
trainer and the referee. The crowd clapped him out and he gave a thumbs up
to say he was OK.
- This was followed by an intermission as the stage hands cleared the ring of debris, followed by the Nitrogirls
dancing in the entranceway.
- Jindrak and O'Haire retain their Tag Team belts when Sean O'Haire pins Disco Inferno after a Swanton Bomb, in
a three-way match between The Boogie Knights, The Filthy Animals and Jindrak and O'Haire.
- The Boogie Knights were first out to the ring and they didn't like the boos to their dancing very much.
- The Filthy Animals (Kidman and Rey with Tygress and Konnan) came out and Konnan
did some banana jokes about Disco and his usual catchphrases to a pop. You may be sighing reading this but it
was mildly entertaining to see and I'm not a big Konnan fan.
- The last team out were Jindrak and O'Haire, who are HUGE.
- Konnan interfered for a bit (ha!) before being asked to leave ringside and
the wrestling in the match was quite good.
- Poor Disco (?) got stuffbusted by
Tygress and Rey and then near the end of the match Kronik came out to a
monster pop (and lots of frenzied Kronik chants) and laid waste to the
wrestlers in the ring (Kidman got the Meltdown) before Kronik gave Disco the
- O'Haire finished the prone Disco off with a spectacular Swanton
Bomb as Kronik left.
- After the match there was a little dissention between Disco and Alex
(Kronik left him unharmed), and they then jawed with Rey and Kidman. Rey and
Kidman then faked dissention before hugging to a pop.
- Mike Awesome pinned Bam Bam Bigelow after hitting his Frogsplash.
- This was an old-style bout with Bam Bam stalling time after time to get heat. Awesome
didn't get much offence but got the win.
- Nash, Buff and Sting pinned all three of The Natural Born Thrillers represented by Palumbo, Stasiak and Reno
simultaneously after hitting their trademark finishing moves.
- The faces were way over (Sting in particular!) and
they won when Sting hit the Scorpion Death Drop, Bagwell hit his
Blockbuster, and Nash Jacknifed a NBT each.
- Nash covered using his foot, standing up. But in fairness he did work during the match.
- Goldberg pinned Lex Luger after a Spear and Jackhammer in a very short match.
- This was the semi-main event and the crowd was rabid.
- Luger's pre-match mic work easily lasted longer than the match and got great heat.
- Goldberg was way over and was mobbed by fans as he left (he lifted one kid from the crowd on
to his shoulders to a pop).
- Booker T defeated Big Poppa Pump with Midajah by BookEnd.
- This was the main event and it was a good match with a lot of heat.
- Steiner got even more heel heat than Luger and Sanders and was roundly booed out of the
building at the end. Booker was way over as a face.
- Steiner knocked the referee out after a succession of two-counts and put the ref's shirt on Midajah.
This still only resulted in a two count.
- Booker slammed Midajah before BookEnding Steiner, Charles Robinson sprinted
to the ring and made the 1-2-3 to a good pop.
- Midajah is hot as hell!
- Steiner is as incredible a physical specimen in person as he looks on TV.
The Good: Not a screwy finish in sight, and the faces all won apart from Jindrak and O'Haire and they are getting over. Luger... sold! He was also
surprisingly good on the mic. Sting was way over and Mike Sanders was superb on the stick. A good turn out by all
the big stars. Strong win by Booker T and Steiner didn't look weak doing the job.
- Some empty plastic bottles were thrown into the ring at the end, one hit Steiner and one hit Midajah
but I don't think they were injured. Midajah stayed down selling the end of the match and then made
her way to the back on her own. Steiner hung about getting heat and as he made his way to the back got jostled
by some moronic fans. Doug Dellinger grabbed a teenage fan who was stupid enough to try and grab Steiner.
Steiner may have looked mean but he didn't hit anyone on his way out.
- Out the back of the arena where our car was parked a crowd had gathered at the exit gates. Steiner and Buff
were leaning out of one of the back windows of the arena taking the cheers from the fans.
The Bad: No Jarrett but he was back in the US awaiting the birth of his second child.
The Ugly: Nothing really! Is this WCW???