Report from Randy M. of Choctaw, OK:
When we got to the arena my friend and I watched some of the wrestlers enter the arena. We saw Goldberg, Sid, Arn Anderson, Berlyn, and the First Family. Arn didn't make an appearance so I guess he was there for booking.
Before the show
- Ric Flair's music played and a massive "Whoo!" broke out that continued for about thirty minutes.
- Penzer came out to a big pop.
- Penzer talked about Danny Hodge, an Oklahoma wrestling legend.
- Charles Robinson came out for the first match to lots of heat.
Match 1 - Prince Iaukea vs. Evan Courageous
After the match Sid came out, powerbombed Evan, and did his usual Goldberg spiel.
- Good match but not a lot of high flying stuff.
- W: Prince by rollup pin.
Match 2 - Villanos vs. Silver King and El Dandy
- Fun, Entertaining match with some good spots. I like Silver King's tornado DDT.
- W: King and Dandy by pin.
Match 3 - Jerry Flynn vs. Perry Saturn
- Saturn came out to a big pop. They went for about five minutes until the First Family interfered.
- W: Saturn by DQ.
The Revolution made the save for Saturn and Dean Malenko got the mic and hyped up the crowd pretty well. He challenged the FF to a six-man tag match. The FF accepted.
Match 4 - Saturn, Malenko, and Benoit vs. Flynn, Morrus, and Knobbs
- Great match, probably the best of the night. The Rev. took the win with the Diving Headbutt (I got a pretty good picture of this). Three words: Benoit is Awesome.
- W: Revolution by pin.
Match 5 - Berlyn vs. Buff Bagwell
- Berlyn came out to probably the most heat of the night. Buff came out to a huge pop. Bagwell got on the mic and tried to talk German to the bodyguard, which was pretty funny. At the end, he was going for the blockbuster when the BG pushed him off the turnbuckle. Still it was cool seeing Buff Daddy.
- W: Buff Bagwell by DQ
Match 6 - Kendall Windham and Curly Bill vs. Harlem Heat
- Kind of a slow match but Harlem Heat kept the crowd going.
- W: Harlem Heat by pin.
Match 7 - Sid Vicious vs. Goldberg
This was the first wrestling event I have attended and I must say I had a great time. It was really cool seeing all my favorite wrestling stars here in my home town. The seats we had weren't that great but we were sitting by where the wrestlers' entrance way. I got a close look at a lot of them. The most awesome moment of the night had to be when Goldberg speared Rick Steiner followed by Benoit's Diving Headbutt. Everybody in OKC was ready for wrestling and it showed. The crowd was really good and it just heightened the experience. I can't wait until WCW comes back to Oklahoma City.
- Sid came out to big heat. The anticipation was so high for Goldberg it was unbelievable as was the crowd reaction he got. His pop was massive. Anyway, the match got started and Sid and Goldberg traded headlocks but Sid couldn't knock Goldberg down. After Goldberg gained some momentum Sid low-blowed him and got him in a rear-chinlock. However, in an amazing display of strength Goldberg STOOD UP WITH SID ON HIS SHOULDERS! After throwing Sid down Goldberg was ready for the spear but Rick Steiner and Charles Robinson ran in and caused the DQ. However Goldberg speared and jack-hammered Steiner in an awesome moment. Mickey Jay the ref then decked Robinson. After that Goldberg shook hands with fans and the show ended.
- W: Goldberg by DQ.
- Goldberg's spear on Stiener
- Goldberg's entrance
- Buff Daddy
- Harlem Heat
- Rick Siener
- First Family
Brett T.'s report:
I wonder if WCW will return to OKC -- the lights and sound quality at our Myriad Convention Center Arena were very poor. On the other hand, this gave us an excuse not to listen to Sid.;-)
- Silver King & Hector Garza d. Los Dos Villanos
- Prince Iaukea d. Evan Karagias.
- Karagias slips off middle rope at one point; Prince, who has already "assumed the position" to sell the move, looks up, then just lowers his head and waits while Karagias climbs the ropes again.
- Sid runs in post-match, powerbombs Karagias.
- Jerry Flynn d. Saturn
- Hugh Morrus and Brian Knobbs run in to stomp on Saturn.
- The Revolution runs in for the save.
- Malenko challenges Flynn, Morrus & Knobbs to a six-man match.
- Flynn, Morrus and Knobbs at first refuse the six-man tag match, then charge the ring when given a ten-second count to wrestle or be fined $5,000. Interesting to watch Knobbs and Morrus run -- think Chris Farley-as-Chippendale dancer sketch. Also interesting to watch Jerry Flynn jog so as not to outrace his partners.
- Saturn, Benoit & Malenko d. Jerry Flynn, Hugh Morrus & Brian Knobbs.
- Knobbs refers to us as "Oklahoma City jackasses."
- We disagree.
- Match features Benoit's diving headbutt. Flashbulbs light the arena.
- Buff Bagwell d. Berlyn via DQ
- Berlyn demands silence.
- We do not oblige him.
- Bodyguard interference.
- World Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat d. Kendall Windham & Curly Bill (Vincent)
- Goldberg d. U.S. Champion Sid Vicious in a non-title match.
- Veeerrryyy sloooowww match; Sid sets new records for stalling.
- Goldberg wins when Sid is disqualified after a Rick Steiner run-in, which earns Mr. Bow-wow-woof-woof a spear and a jackhammer.