Complete 2/2/99 WCWSN/Worldwide Taping Results From La Crosse, WI
Complete 2/2/99 WCWSN/Worldwide Taping Results from La Crosse, WI
By Michael M.
Hi and Welcome to La Crosse, WI on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River. We're at the La Crosse Center for a Saturday Night TV taping. For the first time in my glorious twenty-year history of being a wrestling fan, I'm doing something different. This time I didn't go with the boys, I took my nine-year-old, Jacob and my nephew Ryan. This is their first live event.
- Barry Darsow Vs Mike Enos: Barry wins with a golf club to the throat. Random Jake quote: "That golf guy sucks"
- Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker Vs Fit Finley: Decent pop for Finley, Finley wins with Tombstone
- Hector Garza Vs Meng: Huge pop for Meng following a "Jimmy Sucks" chant. Meng wins with Tonga Death Grip in about 45 seconds.
- Cool Sign: A picture of Bagwell w/ Buffy the WCW Slayer
- Damian Vs Jericho w/Ralphus: Jericho in 30 seconds. Saturn with a run-in
- Dave Taylor Vs Saturn: Someone from the crowd shouted, "Go home, Butterball" to Taylor. Saturn with a Spicolli Driver.
- Glacier Vs Al Green: Green is your winner. Surprisingly good match, too bad Glacier's entrance was longer then the match.
- Lash LeRoux Vs Lenny Lane: I'm looking forward to this one. Lash with a Hurriacanruna off the steel security rail, SWEET. Lash wins with a Spicolli Driver-type move. This was the best fight of the night so far. All the action was on the other side of the ring, could not really tell.
- Barry Horowitz Vs Hugh Morrus: Guess
- Some guy in purple tights Vs Jerry Flynn: I asked Jake if he caught the purple guy's name and he said, "I don't know, The Purple Nerd?" Flynn for the win.
- Johnny Swinger Vs Vince: Vince with a vicious arm-lock for a 30 second victory
- Super Calo Vs Disco: Disco in a minute
- Konnan Vs Tim ?: The sound system is horrible, we can't hear the announcer but on a good note we can't hear the 'Bout it Bout it either. Konnan wins.
- Steve Armstrong Vs Erik Watts: Still can't hear the announcer. Winner Erik Watts.
- Bobby Eaton Vs Kenny Kaos: Kenny
- Juvy Vs Rey Jr: A lot of missed moves in this match. Not as good as it could have been Rey wins.
- $10 for a Sting Mask. Yikes.
- Another bald guy in black tights Vs Chavo: Large "Pepe" chant. Chavo wins.
- Kitty Be Badd Vs Booker T: Miller's chest is still red from Norton's beating on last night's Nitro. Great match, Huge "Pussy Cat" chant, Booker T wins on Sonny Bono's interference. I still say Booker T's better Horsemen material then Mongo.
- Horace Vs Chris Benoit: Benoit with the largest pop of the evening. Virgil...sorry...Vince runs in, then Malenko, than Adams, then Mongo. Benoit wins via DQ.
- Scotty Riggs Vs Kaz cant' spell it, won't try: Riggs wins.
- Kidman Vs Lodi: The crowd quiets and I hear a little voice next to me scream "Go home Goldilocks". It gave me a quick flashback. Last time I heard that phrase it came from a little old woman screaming at Adrian Adonis. Anyway, Kidman beats the snot out of Lodi and remains Champ.
- Benoit/Malenko Vs Virgil/Adams wrestled to a "No Contest". I'm more impressed with Benoit then ever. This makes his fourth match in less then 24 hours. Two on Nitro and two tonight. He needs some gold. Vince singled out this one guy in the crowd and was in his face all night. This guy gets very angry and hits Vince w/ a beer. Security was on him in no time. They cuff and stuff him. Hey wait, He's still there. They arrested the wrong guy. The guy that threw the beer was still at ringside. Oops!
- Hennig and Windham over Disorderly Conduct
- La Parka Vs Bam Bam Bigelow: Bam Bam wins but it was very cool seeing La Parka in the Main Event.
Jacob and Ryan are now hooked on Pro Wrestling. They saved their allowance for months to buy all kinds of souvenirs. If you ever get a chance to take a kid to their first wrestling match do it. You can't believe how excited they get. They didn't care if it was low-carders or mid-carders they had a blast and were still talking about it this morning.