House Show Results from Toledo, OH, November 25th
House Show Results from Toledo, OH, November 25th
The following report contains results that will be shown on WCW Saturday Night. There are a couple of definitive plot twists here that will ruin the show if you read this before you watch it. If you continue to read, don't say I didn't warn you.
This is Don Rioux from Toledo, OH with your results from the WCW Saturday Night tapings. Sold out crowd of 4600 on hand with the gate at $70,000. Tickets sold out in the first 12 hours of sale and had to order up an additional 1000 for the rest of the people who couldn't get tickets. Hot crowd and a good time by all. Here are the results:
Dave K. sends in the following report:
- Bobby Walker/Bobby Eaton beat The Armstrongs. * star out of **** stars for the match....
- Dean Malenko beat Lenny Lane *
- Adams/Smiley beat Regal/Taylor *1/2
- Regal is entertaining and Adams looks good but this is a meaningless feud....
- Eddie Guerrero beat Louie Spiccoli **
- Spiccoli's T-shirt read "the real innovator"...Um, sure...Maybe the real Innovator of jobbing...Guerrero recieves a tremendous amount of heat. What a great heel.....
- Fit Finley over a jobber.............*
- Glacier/Ernest Miller lost to the Harlem Heat **
- Miller was pinned with the Heat Seeker with no attempt by Glacier to stop the pin. After the match, Glacier stood over the fallen Miller and said "This is what you get for being late from the airport....." and walked off without his partner.....
- Rey Mysterio Jr. over a jobber **
- Only two high spots by Rey tonight...
- Hacksaw "My Social Security Just Kicked In Last Week" Duggan beat a bald Kendall Windham with a knee drop **
- I winced watching this match...
- Villano IV (with Villano V) beat Super Calo - DUD
- A lot of missed spots in this match by both wrestlers. The usual switching of the Villano was evident throughout...
- Faces of Fear beat Wrath and Mortis **
- Before the match Jimmy Hart attacked Vandenberg and they were wrestling each other in the middle of the ring. Short match with the usual high spots....
- DDP beat Curt Hennig by DQ ***
- Before the intros of the wrestlers, when he was in the ring, Nick Patrick carried on with a scowl on his face and gave some fans DX crotch shots. Hmmm......
- DDP was over huge in this match.
- End of the match came when DDP set up Hennig for the fireman's carry into a diamond cutter. Hennig's foot hit Patrick in the face and he was knocked down. DDP connected on his DC but Patrick rose up and gave the signal to ring the bell to end the match stating Hennig hit him...Vincent ran in and received a DC on the concrete for his trouble.....
- Chavo Guerrero Jr. beat a jobber - DUD
- Chris Jericho made Brad Armstrong submit **
- Yuji Nagata beat La Parka ***
- 2nd best match on the show. Love the bit LaParka does with the chair and his strut.
- Public Enemy beat Villanos IV & V **
- After the match, P.E. went for the table spot with both Villanos on the table. P.E. did the sandwich but the table did not break, so Rocco Rock did a senton splash over the top and the table did not break again. In the process, Villano IV injured his knee badly..
- Disco Inferno beat a jobber * 1/2
- This proves Disco is not dead...........
- Juventud Guerrera beat Lizmark Jr. *** 1/4
- Best match of the evening with both guys giving the fans a good show. Move of the evening was Lizmark Jr. giving Juvey a reverse Taka driver (Juvey was facing down on his stomach instead of his back)
- Steiners mauled Disorderly Conduct **
- Biggest non-nWo ovation for any wrestlers were for the Steiners. Scott used to wrestle in Toledo for the WWA 12 years ago under his real name. Wow, is Scott huge. I miss him when he was not as built and thinner. He was more agile and much more graceful, too. By the way, Scott's finishing manuver when he wrestled for the WWA?? The 450 degree frog splash used by Flash Funk. I have the tape
to prove it...
- Chris Benoit over a jobber **
- Nobody but Flair delivers a harder chop than Benoit. Curious to see the cameraman telling the fans to hold up 4 fingers during this match. I thought the Horsemen disbanded?? Here's a interesting thought, also..the fan in front of me thought about putting together a Canadian 4 Horsemen group when Bret gets in. Think about this...Hart, Jericho, Benoit and a fourth member who came from Hart's ungeon to make up this group to counter the nWo.......
- Main Event: Scott Hall beat Ray Traylor DUD
- Hall by far the most over wrestler tonight. He does his speech and Traylor attacks.
- Ray looks really old up close. Why is he still wrestling???????
- The end of the match came when Traylor nailed Hall with the Bubba slam and got the three count. Nick Patrick didn't notice it until after the count. Hennig comes out and tries to hit Traylor but Traylor nails him. Traylor tries to set up Hennig for a top-rope belly to back suplex but Hall catches him instead and nails him with the Outsiders edge and gets the pin even though Hennig has been in the ring all this time.
- After the match, Hall and Patrick pat each other on the back in one of the corners of the ring and walk out together at the end with Hennig........Patrick heel turn again??????????
- I'll leave most of the details of this to your man covering the Saturday Show (nice job by him, too). Well, Glacier went and turned on Ernest Miller letting him get beat and then asking him how it felt to be left hanging by your partner and an hour later they came back out for a grudge match between each other that lasted all of 3 minutes or so and ended in a double count out.
- Then DDP fought Curt Hennig (won by DQ of course) but the interesting thing is Vincent came out and he and Curt were Diamond Cuttered 2 times each, the second set for each came after he made his way around the building so I don't know if it will be on the show.
- The most interesting moment came in the main event of the night. Scott Hall faced Ray Traylor. At the end of the match, Nick Patrick, who was officiating, counted to three but the match didn't end because he said Hall had his leg on the rope. Hennig came running out and got set on the top rope by Ray while Hall was still on the mat. Ray, who was on the second turnbuckle, was given an Outsider's Edge by Hall and the three count was administered. This is where it gets interesting. Scott Hall did his speech about nWo being for life, and Nick Patrick was SMILING, SAYING HALL'S SPEECH ALONG WITH HIM, AND DOING THE NWO "4-LIFE" HAND Immediately after this Hall went over and put his arm around Nick, and Nick reciprocated by putting his arm around Hall. I don't know what this means if anything, but I found it extremely interesting with Patrick being "former" nWo. I am especially suspicious since Patrick and the other ref Anderson had words about 2 months ago dealing with the calls at certain matches. I wonder if that angle is just starting to play itself out know. Everyone watch out if Patrick is the ref at Starrcade when Sting fights Hogan.