House Show Results from Chicago, IL, Sunday, September 7th
House Show Results from Chicago, IL, Sunday, September 7th
Cliff F. sends in the following house show report from the United Center:
- Dean Malenko defeats Eddie Guerrero via submission.
- This match was long, almost 25 minutes, and was technically sound with the exception of Guerrero's constantly leaving the ring.
- Highlights include a near perfect frog splash by Malenko that just missed Eddie.
- Malenko was able to recover long enough to apply The Texas Cloverleaf and make Guerrero tap out.
- "Lionheart" Chris Jericho defeats Ultimate Dragon via submission.
- Hanson...err Jericho did a great job of keeping up with the Dragon's offense.
- The fight was back and forth until Jon bon Jovi..oops, Jericho, caught Dragon in a sharpshooter to win.
- "Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeats Buff Bagwell via pinfall.
- Bagwell really showed the crowd his love (for his-self) by making two announcements before the match. First, he hates Chicago and, second, he loves himself.
- Flair countered by saying the Blackhawks are the best and tonight he was going to imitate Blackhawks defenseman Bob Probert.
- Nature Boy was not at his best but managed to put together enough offense to get by Buff in what should have been a squash.
- Konan over Chris Benoit via pinfall.
- Benoit got no heat in this match which was the worst of the night.
- It was slowpaced and pretty boring. If this was TV, I would've changed the channel.
- I must admit I was surprised that Konan won but I really didn't care much.
- Randy "Macho Man" Savage def. "Diamond" Dallas Page in a death match.
- DDP comes to the ring with Chicago radio personality Mancow. Both wearing the new DDP shirts. Once entering the ring Mancow tears off the DDP shirt and is wearing nWo underneath. DDP then chases him from ringside.
- Page controls most of the action until Mancow returns and distracts Page so that he is unable to answer the ten count.
- Outsiders retain tag titles against Steiners.
- The match according to the program was to be Syxx and Hall vs. Scott and Rick but before the intermission The Steiners challenge Hall and Nash for the titles. Nash is supposed to face the Giant later. Does this leave the Giant to face Syxx?!?
- This match was odd!! The Steiners were in control until Bagwell pulls Scott Steiner off the apron and beats him down the aisle.
- Syxx got on the apron and is tagged in by Hall the ref says nothing. Syxx later tags in Nash. Still nothing from the ref...its a three on one.
- The Giant makes the save for Scott Steiner and he gets on the apron and is tagged in by Rick...It's now a six man match for the tag titles???
- Nash is pinned after a Giant chokeslam and Scott and Rick are given the belts.
- Nick Patrick then reverses the decision and returns the titles to the Outsiders by disqualifying both teams.
- Steve "Mongo" McMichael over Jeff Jarrett by pinfall
- Jarrett takes the mic and says The Bears and Mongo are both losers.
- Mongo starts the chant of "Jarrett sucks!"
- Mongo gets the biggest pop of the night after winning the match with a piledriver.
- Lex Luger over Hollywood Hogan by disqualification.
- For this to be a homecoming for Lex. he got a lot of BOOs tonight.
- I don't have to tell anyone how it ended I'll just fill in the names...Bagwell and Savage.
Jason N. from Chicago, IL, was also at the show and he sent in this report:
- After the card ended, I went to the exit to watch the wrestlers leave. First out the door was Jeff Jarrett who didn't acknowledge the fans but, minutes later, out came Arn Anderson who gave the fans the Horseman salute and spent several minutes waving at the fans before driving off with Jarrett.
- Bagwell come out next and mooned the crowd wearing a G-string. I really didn't need to see that. [Editor's Note: Buff Bagwell was an exotic dancer before getting into pro wrestling. Supposedly, he was working in a club where Missy Hyatt happened to be a patron and she convinced him to get into pro wrestling.]
- Hogan, Savage,and Nash came out last and walked straight to their limo without so much as waving once. These guys are full of it.
- That's how the night ended...I now know more about Bagwell then I ever wanted to.
Some interesting notes:
- Dean Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero: Malenko makes Guerrero submit to the Texas Cloverleaf
- Ultimo Dragon vs Chris Jericho (Cruiserweight Championship) - Jericho makes Dragon submit to Liontamer (Boston crab)
- Buff Bagwell vs Ric Flair - Flair wins by small package after Referee Mark Curtis pushes Bagwell into Flair while Flair was on the mat
- "Diamond" Dallas Page (w/Mancow) vs Randy Savage in a Death Match: Interesting match!! Mancow turns on DDP at start of match, putting an nWo shirt on!!! Interferes in match by hitting DDP with ring bell and he couldn't get up for 10 count!!! As Mancow runs away, the Giant comes and grabs him back to the ring!!! DDP diamond cuts Mancow and Savage!!!!
- Steiners vs Outsiders (Tag Titles): It turns from tag title match to six man match as Giant comes in and Syxx becomes involved. Buff Bagwell stomps the hell out of Scott Steiner til the Giant comes. Giant chokeslams Hall for the pin but the ref ruled the title doesn't change hands!!! Nick Patrick escorts nWo back to dressing room!!!
- Jarrett vs McMichael (US Title match): McMichael pins Jarrett with Tombstone piledriver!!!
- Luger vs Hogan (World Title match): Luger wins by DQ when Nash and Syxx rush ring to save Hogan when Luger puts him in the rack!!!!
- Most boring match: Luger vs Hogan
- Flair has really gone down from his heyday because he used to be one of the final matches!!! That night he was third!!!!
- Also, when we watched the wrestlers come in, in a Blazer, there was Flair, Luger, Steiners (who are really getting fat and are some
obnoxious assholes), and Jarrett. Jarrett???
- Also, Luger almost got into a fight with some fans after his match!!!!
- Wrestlers who can work a crowd in Chicago: nWo, Flair, McMichael, and Eddie!!!! Luger got a hometown boo!!!!