WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 9/16/00
- The matches are really abbreviated here
- I lost all the PBP I did on them, and I'd have to wait another day
before I could do it.
- Scott Hudson hypes a few things, but focuses on Russo's Revenge
- Bobby Heenan: "Kevin Nash has earned his way!"
- He said that seriously, too.
- To ringside
- Konnan's still with Tony and Mike
- They spend more time hyping Fall Brawl then tonight's
- Oh, we do get Lash versus Elix for the
100 Kilo and Under Title
- Mean Gene talks to Cpl. Cajun
- Lash points out his shirt says "100% American", and
- The General tells Lash that his mission is to get the belt, and
hypes Fall Brawl.
- Back to ringside
- General hype for that match, and we go back to ringside.
- Back to Russo's Revenge
- Unlike usual, Scott Hudson actually gives a date (Nitro
9/4) for the match.
- Hudson explains how they got there.
- Heenan's going to call Scott Steiner.
- Hudson hints that Scott's actually in jail right now. Why?
- The same video package you've seen elsewhere airs.
- That was sure a funky choice in background music.
- Too happy.
- Talk about Bret costing Goldberg the title, in revenge for
Goldberg injuring him.
- Ask WCW
- This week, a fan asks if the Demon is a big fan of KISS.
- Dale Torborg (w/Asya) talks about how he's a big KISS fan, and
has seen many of their shows on the last tour.
- Heenan rightfully makes fun of the e-mailer for asking such an
- Crowbar (w/Daffney and Ozzie) vs Ruben Cruz
- All the jobbers this week are from Shawn Michaels' TWA
promotion, although that's never explicitly said by the
- Konnan does take time to make another "jobber works at a
fast food place" joke.
- Crowbar's well over with the Worldwide crowd, getting a crowd
- Daffney and Ozzie show up late, and accidentally distract
Crowbar a couple times.
- That allows Cruz to get in some nice offense.
- Crowbar hits the Mindbender, but doesn't cover for the pin.
- Instead, he gets a Dragon Sleeper, and after Cruz escapes the
three hand drop, Crowbar hits a sleeper neckbreaker for the pin.
- Your Winner: Crowbar
- Fun match. Crowbar always works hard on Worldwide, and Cruz
looked good on offense.
- Disqo vs Jeremy Sage
- Sage looks like he should be on Jakked, beating jobbers with an
- Disqo with his usual stuff, though adding in a Lash's Whiplash 2000.
- Sage has okay offense, but looks great at one point, going up top
and doing the best missed splash ever.
- He did a perfect belly flop on the canvas.
- Must have hurt like heck, but looked great.
- Disqo hit the Last Dance, and that was it.
- Your Winner: Disqo
- Konnan complained about hating the finisher name.
- 3 Count vs Michael Shane/Chris Kruger/Robert Diggs
- The TWA guys rushed the ring, and the announcers didn't take
time to ID which guy matched up with which name, so it was hard to
- At least from a recapping "who did what" perspective.
- Doesn't help that I still get Shane and Shannon confused.
- Anyway, this was a fast paced match, though it didn't blow me
- Just a good 3 Count squash, if that makes sense
- Shane and Shannon hit their great Fallaway Slam/Reverse
Neckbreaker combo move at one point.
- After the battle spilled outside, 3 Count took control in the
ring with the Triple Facebuster.
- Your Winner: 3 Count
- Elix Skipper vs Cpl. Cajun - 100 Kilo (and under) Title
- Konnan: "Captain Crunch"
- Back and forth match, with the fans really getting into it.
- Lash hit the Bourbon Street Blues, and seemed on the road to a
title victory on Worldwide
- Elix, knowing that there can't be any title changes, went for
the Grey Cup ring
- Lash still managed to get him up for the Whiplash (1999), but
Elix popped him in the head and escaped.
- It was then when ref Mark Johnson noticed the ring on Elix's
finger, and started arguing about it with Elix.
- Lash, having recovered, snuck up behind Elix and rolled him
- The crowd went NUTS.
- But Elix still kicked out, because this is Worldwide.
- The Crowd TOTALLY was into that nearfall.
- I swear, they must do something AWFUL to the crowd between
Worldwide and Thunder, because people are way into the show
when it gets to me.
- A few moments later, (a better than usual) Overdrive finished it
- Your Winner: Elix Skipper
- Fun match.
- Good show, really. Crusierweight hours ROCK!
- Bobby and Scott wrap it up
- Bobby said, to Bret Hart, that there's no crying in wrestling.
- Bobby and Scott then debated if there was any crying in roller derby.
- Only when I have to watch the bad episodes.
- That's it for this week.