WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 8/26/00
- New Blood Recap
- Focus on the three way dance.
- Hudson says that Goldberg got fired by Russo?
- To the ring
- Tony and Mike run down the card
- "One of the top tag teams in Sports
Entertainment" the Harris Brothers in action...
- Mean Gene talks to Harris Brothers
- Gene's got more of a casual outfit going.
- Ron says they're going keep embarrassing Kronic
until they realize who's best.
- Don: "The boys are back in town!"
- Back to the ringside announcer
- Tony: "The fans can not wait to see the
Harris Brothers and Kronic fire."
- Back to studio announcers
- Scott's all worked up over a Jindrak/O'Haire vs
Jung Dragons match that the announcers didn't
- That's some good production work.
- Anyway, brief New Blood Rising recap by Hudson
- Mention of Lance retaining the title, but
not of Bret (or the rest of Team Canada)
- Heenan uses an article from the September WCW
Magazine to make a point about Goldberg
- He's not smiling in any of the pictures.
- Goldberg's not in a good mood, and he's
isn't going listen to anyone.
- Bobby: "You're going see this man
survive like you've never seen a Survivor
- Back to Nitro
- Russo's "shoot" speech with
Tank Abbott standing nearby.
- Goldberg beating up Tank, in the only
shoot to use an Irish whip.
- Skip way ahead to Booker T and Jarrett
- no explanation of how or why
- Jarrett hits the stroke, Goldberg pulls
- We don't hear anything from the
announcers at all.
- Nash complaining about the #1
contendership and Scott Hall
- Nash's audio doesn't match up
with the visual.
- It's VERY annoying.
- Booker T walking out to talk to Nitro.
- Back to Thunder
- Rick and Nash talking
- Rick: "Who are you to give
me a match? Do you make matches
- Goldberg beating up on Rick Steiner.
- Stevie helping Rick into the ambulance.
- Nash talking
- Booker T talking
- Nash turning on Booker T
- Hudson: "You can't trust anyone in WCW!"
- Heenan: "You can't trust anyone in this
world! I don't trust you, I don't trust the
people behind the camera."
- It's time for AskWCW.com
- You know, if this feature was AskWWF.com, they'd
be smart enough to actually buy the domain.
- Hudson's got a new computer.
- It's actually a real laptop this time.
- It may actually work
- Well, if someone other than Scott Hudson
was using it.
- Scott elects to read the sheet of paper
it's printed on.
- Rey answers
"Yo Derek, that's a very good question, man.
Size has always been an obstacle for me here in
WCW and in Mexico, and in Japan and different
other companies here in the US. You know what,
they don't believe in small people because
wrestling has always had 250 pound guys, 6' 3",
and now for the first time, they're looking at
175 pound, 5' 4", you know it's a big change.
What they don't realize is that we've got a big
heart. We can make it to the top, we don't have
to be that big, we don't have to be that strong,
we just have to have it in us. And I talk for the
rest of the small people out there: we got it.
And for you, if you've going an obstacle in your
life that you can't accomplish, because of your
size, hey, don't worry about it man, we can all
do it. Have a big heart, just like us small
people do. Peace out."
- Hey, nice speech by Rey.
- Heenan runs the question through his computer
- Hennan: "At 54 years of age, it'd be
hard to be a professional wrestler."
- Heenan then throws the laptop in Hudson's
- Landing right on his hand.
- Hudson: "Call me a doctor!"
- Heenan: "You're a doctor."
- Scott collapses in pain to end the segment.
- Kory Williams and Bryan McNeil vs the Harris Brothers
- You split up with your partner, you
change your first name spelling, I guess.
- Is that Hennig's music? It's familiar.
- Or as familiar as WCW music is.
- I used to be able to tell the Harris Brothers
apart, but now, I haven't had to see them in so
long, I dunno.
- They're wearing different shirts, so I
just need to get one.
- The Harris Brothers take out both opponents to
the outside to star off.
- Back in the ring, Ron whips Kory into Don's big
- Hmm, so they been watching T&A
matches on their break.
- Ron with a clothesline on Kory, then off the
ropes, elbow drop.
- Tag to Don, double whip, double backdrop.
- Don with a shot for Brian, and beats him outside
as Ron gets more shots into Kory.
- Don whips Kory into a chair, and goes back into
- Ron with shoulder thrust in the corner on Brian,
then a boot choke.
- Tag to Don, H-Bomb on Brian, H-Bomb on Kory. Pin.
- The announcers miss the call of the first
H-Bomb, calling it just "a double
- Your Winner: the Harris Brothers (3:08)
- Fall Brawl hype
- Kevin Nash vs Booker T
- And that's pretty much it.
- Heenan points out that Booker T should've taken
time off, but he didn't, so now he'll be beat.
- Mad Jack vs Vampiro (w/no one)
- Mad Jack comes out in a black straight jacket,
which he takes off himself before getting to the
- If you couldn't guess, he acts like a
- Vampiro ducks the lockup, spin kick, corner whip,
- Vampiro with a right, whip, head down too soon
and gets a kick to the head.
- Mad Jack with a full nelson, but Vampiro backs
him into the corner.
- Vampiro with a backwards dropkick, then a series of kicks.
- Vampiro with a headlock, but he's back suplexed.
- Jack off the ropes, bad kick to the midsection,
off the ropes, boot to the back, stomp, kick to the chest, right, right.
- Jack picks up Vampiro, off the ropes, spin kick.
- Jack goes to the top rope, but is caught with a
chop from Vampiro.
- Vampiro with a top rope belly to suplex.
- Cover, kick out at 2.
- Vampiro goes up to the top rope, and jumps right
in to Jack's punch
- Jack with a whip, Vampiro bumps into him (miscommunication),
Vamp with a punch, Jack with a kick.
- Jack goes to the top, Vampiro to his feet, and
just stands there, watching Jack, as he jumps off...
- Jack tries for a 'rana, but gets powerbombed
- Well, good. Vamp would have looked like
an idiot if he didn't win that exchange.
- Vampiro with the Nail in the Coffin for the win.
- Your Winner: Vampiro (3:00)
- Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak and Sean Stasiak (w/Chuck
Palumbo) vs the Jung Dragons
- This is the match where Stasiak hurts his knee, I
- This also before they've been named "the
Natural Born Thrillers."
- Yang and Mark start off, with Yang pushing Mark,
and getting put in a headlock.
- Mark off the ropes, and pulls Yang around the
ring by the neck.
- Yang elbows out and throws Jindrak into the ropes.
Jindrak comes back with a shoulderblock.
- Mark off the ropes, over Yang, under a leapfrog,
blocks the hiptoss, Yang flips out and ducks a
- Yang goes for a flying headscissors, but Mark
reverses it into a tilt-a-whirl slam, but Yang
reverses it into a rollup. 2 count.
- That was all in one motion...looked
- Palumbo's taking credit for turning O'Haire and
- Yang hits Jindrak (we're too busy looking at
Chuck to see), and then hits a spinning heel kick
to knock them both the floor.
- Back in the ring, O'Haire's getting a dropkick to
the knee by Jamie.
- Kaz comes in, double dropkick!
- O'Haire rolls out, so Jamie hits a plancha from
the top rope on Jindrak as Kaz hits a running one
between the ropes on O'Haire.
- That's awesome.
- The announcers are talking about the NBT
without using their name, so I think they
were formed later in the evening.
- Back in the ring, Stasiak with a whip and
flapjack on Yang.
- Stasiak with stomps, whip, press slam, but Yang
falls behind, only to get elbowed.
- Stasiak with a whip, jumping back elbow. Cover, 2
- Stasiak with a right, right, whip, Yang with a
sunset flip, Stasiak attempts to block by throwing his sweat down at Yang, but Yang
responds by headbutting him in the crotch.
- Tag to Kaz. Right Right, corner whip, reverses,
Kaz with the moonsault flip behind, 2nd rope springboard kick to the chest.
- Kaz off the ropes, dropkick to the knee that
doesn't connect right...
- Looking at Stasiak's reaction, that might
have been the moment he got hurt...
- Kaz delays, goes for another but Sean moves the
knee well before impact.
- Kaz with a kick to the knee, and then jumps on
his back for a sleeper.
- Stasiak reverses the sleeper to a fireman's carry
- Stomp, stomp, tag to O'Haire.
- Right, whip, powerslam. Cover, 2 count.
- Chop by O'Haire, tag to Jindrak, double beatdown
in the corner, double beal.
- Jindrak: "This is a disgrace!"
- Jindrak with a stomp, throws Kaz into their corner, tag to Stasiak, who chokes him on the
- Stasiak with a corner whip, and charges right
into a boot.
- Kaz misses on the clothesline, and walks right
into Stasiak's gutwrench powerbomb.
- Kaz (when lifted up for the bomb): "Aaaaaaaah!"
- Stasiak covers, Jamie pulls him off.
- Stasiak throws him back into their corner, tag to Jindrak.
- O'Haire comes in too, double whip, double
leapfrog, tilt-a-whirl slam by Jindrak.
- Yang breaks up the pin attempt, and he and
Jindrak almost go at it.
- Tag to O'Haire, knee shot (maybe), tag back to
Jindrak, who holds Kaz so O'Haire can clothesline
- The way it turned out, it was Jindrak
- Kaz with a big dropkick, and crawls to his corner.
- Tag to Jamie, who ducks a clothesline, and leaps
at O'Haire for a 'rana.
- But O'Haire turns him around (so he's facing the
same way), and Jamie tries just punching him in
- O'Haire pushes Jamie off, but Jamie ducks the
clothesline from Jindrak.
- Jindrak almost hits O'Haire instead, but
- Jamie hits a double low blow (like a dropkick),
and then avoids an elbow drop from Stasiak.
- Palumbo wants a DQ for that.
- Yang comes off the top with a double missile
- Chaos in the ring, with Jamie getting flipped to
the apron, but pushing Stasiak into a Yang spin
- Yang with a snap suplex on Stasiak, Jamie with a
- Jindrak breaks it up, and O'Haire hits a hard
thrust kick on Yang.
- Jindrak and O'Haire set up for their finisher (tilt-a-whirl
slam/Seanton bomb), but Jamie escapes the tilt-a-whirl,
ducks a clothesline from Jindrak, and crotches
O'Haire on the top rope.
- Jindrak misses another clothesline, kick from
- Jamie tries for a suplex, but Jindrak blocks it.
- Kaz kicks Jindrak, double team suplex.
- But O'Haire now comes off top with the Seanton
Bomb on Jamie, and gets the three.
- Your Winners: Sean O'Haire, Sean Stasiak
and Mark Jindrak (6:31)
- Palumbo was supposed to pull Kaz away so he
couldn't break up the pin...
- But Palumbo didn't get there in time, so Kaz
looked kinda silly.
- Hudson and Heenan wrap up the show.
- Hudson: "Everyone in wrestling is talking
about the situation with Goldberg."
- Hudson on Goldberg: "A man upstairs
who isn't firing on all cylinders."
- Heenan: "He's going do it his way."