WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 7/29/00
- Normal opening talking at both sites, setting the stage
- Mean Gene talks to Norman Smiley and Ralphus
- After being stuck on the street for a whole six
weeks, Norman's back, and he's aiming for the
- Also, he's mad at Big Vito for knocking out half of Ralphus' teeth.
- That'd be one tooth, leaving Ralphus with one.
- Both Norman and Ralphus wiggle to end the
- There's a new US Champ. Well, sorta.
- Larry likes Lance, 'cause he's a wrestler. (And a
- Let's watch :26 of the match...
- :26 of Mike Awesome being helped
out by his ladies...
- 1:02 of Lance talking...
- and :10 of Awesome attacking him.
- Larry praises Lance some more.
- Hudson questions how Larry can praise him
- Hudson: "After what he did to that poor
lady, and disgracing the US Belt, renaming the
title for Pete's sake..."
- It's not like he threw the US Belt in a
- Come to think off it, weren't Hall and
Nash put over as faces for doing that?
- Larry points out that Lance isn't exactly lying
when it comes to the US education system.
- To paraphrase Scott Hudson, Scott Steiner's stealing all
of Brian Pillman's nicknames, and it must be stopped!
- Let's go back to Nitro, and Goldberg and Steiner.
- :49 of the end of the match,
- :34 of Nash powerbombing people.
- Scott talks about Nash's "shoot"
interview, but we don't see it, nor get into the
- It's time for Ask WCW.com
- Someone ask them about the TV Title.
- Or who thought Kiwi was a good idea.
- Or why Daniels isn't slumming on Worldwide while
they come up with an idea for him.
- I'd be down with that.
- The question is from...oh, wait, Larry's pulling
his Carnac act again.
- "Learning wrestling holds."
- Buff...doesn't really answer the question.
- He says it was tough coming back from the neck
injury, but thanks to the fans, he's still the
- He doesn't mention how his moves have gotten
sloppier AT ALL. Or otherwise answer the question.
- James Black and Cassidy Riley vs Rick Steiner
- I'm thinking they asked James Storm/Black to
change his name, to avoid confusion.
- Or they're just flip flopping with no rhyme or
reason. This IS WCW.
- Rick Steiner? Who'd I tick off?
- Rick knocks Black down when he charges, to open
- Whip, reversed, Rick under the clothesline, drops
Black with a spinebuster slam. Elbow drop, 2 count.
- Exploder suplex by Rick, and Black tags in Riley.
- Rick with a kick to the midsection, whip, kick to
- Crowd barks. I'm thinking we're in Detroit.
- Whip, Steinerline. Release German Suplex. And
- Black in, and now Black's thrown out.
- Rick picks up Riley into a Canadian backbreaker,
and runs him chest first into the corner.
- Riley is picked up again, and Rick doesn't pull
- Rick with the scary ugly Top Rope Bulldog, and
that's good enough for 3.
- Your Winner: Rick Steiner (1:53)
- Rick throws Riley out of the ring, then does :20
of mic work.
- The crowd chants along, weirdly, seeing as he
doesn't bust out his catchphrases that often.
- P.W. Douglas vs Norman Smiley (w/Ralphus)
- Circle, circle, lockup, Norman with the headlock.
- Norman holds on, into the armbar, reversed by
Douglas, reversed by Norman into an arm pulling
variation I've got no clue on.
- Tony and Bobby talk about Norman's technical
ability and international experience.
- Whip by Norman, reversed by Douglas, Douglas
bends over for a backdrop, but Norman flips over
and gives him an arm drag take down.
- Norman with a clothesline, and starts tuning up
- Douglas with a kick, punch, punch, headlock, off
the ropes, shoulderblock.
- Douglas off the ropes, Norman with a drop down,
leapfrog, but Douglas catches him between the
legs, and drops a knee for a low blow.
- Douglas with a scoop slam. "I told you! I [inaudible]"
- Cover, but Norman's underneath the bottom rope,
and Mickey J stops the count.
- Douglas with a stomp and a boot choke.
- Douglas with a punch, vertical suplex.
- Cover, 2 count, shoulder up.
- Douglas with the chin lock, as a "Norman" chant
- Norman with elbows, off the ropes, right into a
- Douglas with another slam, second rope fistdrop.
- Douglas with a whip, head down too soon, Norman
with a kick, Douglas' punch missed, and he goes
right into a back elbow.
- Norman with a whip, punch misses, powerslam
- Norman with the Big Wiggle,
- Douglas with an eye poke, whip, reversed, and
Norman captures him into the Norman Conquest. Tap
- Your Winner: Norman Smiley (4:07)
- Smiley and Ralphus Wiggle after the match.
- New Blood Rising Card
- Booker T/Jeff Jarrett
- Kronic vs Perfect Event vs MIA vs O'Haire/Jindrak
(no picture shown)
- Steiner/Nash/Goldberg - Fall Brawl Title Shot
- Hancock/Gunns (no picture shown)
- 3 Count/Jung Dragons (no picture shown)
- Skip Over vs Billy Kidman
- Circle, lockup, Kidman with a waistlock, Skip
elbows out, off the ropes, big knee
- Over off the ropes, Kidman flips him to the
apron, over with a shoulder to the midsection,
slingshot flying headscissors.
- Whip, Kidman slides under, but gets a boot when he
- Whip, Kidman with a 'rana.
- Kidman with a punch, whip, reversed, knee by Over.
- Over tries for a powerbomb, but YOU CAN'T
- Apparently, you can't face slam Over either, as
Kidman just lands on his feet
- Kidman off the ropes, crossbody finds an empty
pool, as Over bends over, and Kidman jumps over
him, ending up sliding to the outside.
- Over celebrates, waits for Kidman to get up,
tries to do some wacky flip to the apron, but
- Kidman brings it back together clipping Over off
the apron, and the whipping him into the
- Kidman rolls Over in, thinks about slingshotting
himself in, but instead just walks in between the
ropes and stomps him.
- Kidman with a punch, corner stomp down.
- Corner whip, but Over climbs the ropes and
moonsaults behind Kidman.
- Kidman turns around, and is caught in a double
- Over with a dancing legdrop, 2 count.
- Over with a stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp,
talk to the fans.
- Chinlock on Kidman, the fans get behind him,
Kidman elbows out.
- Kidman tries to go for the ropes, but Over pulls
him down by the hair.
- Corner whip, reversed, Over rebounds backwards
out of the corner and Kidman clotheslines him.
- Kidman pulls Over in the corner, climbs to the
top rope, but Over stops him.
- Over pulls him off the top with a reverse crucifix
powerbomb (sometimes called the Iconoclasm.)
- Cover, 2 count.
- Over tries for a suplex, Kidman falls behind, and
drops him with a modified belly to back suplex.
- Cover by Kidman, 2 count.
- Kidman with a whip, hiptoss by Kidman blocked,
and Over reverses into his spinning Rocker
- ...which still doesn't look that good.
- Or at least finisher worthy.
- Cover, 2 count.
- Over with a pickup, Kidman falls behind, Over
turns around, right into the short powerbomb.
- Cover, 2 count again.
- Kidman tries for that twisting bulldog, but Over
reverses it, and hits a dragon suplex! And
another 2 count!
- Over with a belly to back suplex, again Kidman
flips out, and this time, he hits the reverse
- That's be a Tomakazi to you and me.
- That'll be good enough for 3.
- Your Winner: Billy Kidman (4:58)
- Great match. They should've shown THIS match on
Thunder to get Over, er, over.
- The Perfect Event vs Mark Jindrak and Sean O'Haire
- Eh, they gave me a really good match, I'll ignore
- We'll start with Mark and Chuck. Circle, lockup
- Palumbo with punches, headbutt, headlock.
- Off the ropes, shoulderblock by Palumbo.
- Palumbo off the ropes, under the leapfrog, right
into the back elbow.
- Tag to Sean, double whip, double leapfrog,
dropkick by Jindrak. Cover by O'Haire, 2 count.
- O'Haire with a headlock, back suplex by Palumbo,
tag to Stasiak.
- Martial arts chop by O'Haire, tag to Jindrak,
- Double biel by Team Power Plant, Jindrak with
- Corner whip, reversed by Stasiak into a knee
shot, gutwrench suplex.
- Stasiak with stomps, tag to Palumbo. Palumbo tags
O'Haire, but with a closed fist.
- Stasiak with a powerbomb attempt, but Jindrak
ended up falling off and on the apron awkwardly.
- Blown spot, I think, though I'm not sure
what Stasiak was going for.
- Maybe a powerbomb lift into a Stun Gun?
- Jindrak climbs back in the ring, gets a punch
from Stasiak and a running knee by Palumbo.
- Stasiak with a shot for O'Haire, Palumbo covers
Jindrak for 2.
- On the outside, Stasiak gets whipped into the
- Palumbo with a whip, clothesline.
- Tag to Stasiak, double whip, Stasiak with a
- Stasiak with mounted punches. Crowd taunt.
- Jindrak up with punches and kicks, corner whip,
reversed, clothesline by Stasiak.
- Stasiak with a fireman's carry into a faceslam,
cover, broken up by O'Haire.
- Tag to Palumbo, atomic drop into an inverted
atomic drop, into a Russian Legsweep/Jungle Kick
- Cover, 2 count.
- Whip by Palumbo into a sleeper hold.
- Extended hold, Jindrak elbows out, Palumbo off
the ropes, clothesline misses, Jindrak hits a
tilt-a-whirl side slam.
- Jindrak starts heading the wrong way, but
eventually, hot tag to O'Haire.
- O'Haire with a clothesline, clothesline, kick,
spin kick (over Palumbo's head), clotheslines
Stasiak out and follows himself.
- O'Haire goes out, Palumbo with a whip, reversed,
flying shoulderblock by Jindrak.
- O'Haire sets up the Senton Bomb, but Stasiak
hits him in back off the right knee with the Lex
- Palumbo with the Jungle Kick on Jindrak, knocking
him out of the ring.
- Double flapjack on O'Haire, and that's good
enough for the Palumbo pin.
- Your Winners: the Perfect Event (5:05)
- Hey, legal men and all.
- Johnny Ace does Worldwide?