WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 7/15/00
- This...is not going to be that good. I've been in
the process of moving this week, and in the midst
of it, my VCRs got messed with, and didn't tape
- As a result, this is all from memory...
- Perhaps one of these weeks, I'll have a decent
report. Who knows?
- Being a post-PPV week, clips were at a minimum.
- In fact, the only clip package was about
Commissioner Cat, and his dealings with the Yung
- This week's interview was with Sean O'Haire and Mark
- Nothing special.
- Gene asked them the typical AskWCW question, and
they told us what we already knew.
- Jindrak really likes basketball, and it
somehow led to wrestling
- O'Haire wrestled somewhat in the indies
before going to the Power Plant.
- Seemed more like a typical sports interview than
a wrestling interview.
- Typical cliches ("we're just going
work hard") and face-ish.
- No catchphrases or traces of a gimmick.
- The AskWCW question was for Booker T, and was the same
question that's asked every week.
- Booker T talked about being trained by Scott
Casey, and being in wrestling ten years.
- He also said his best matches were the best of 7
(or 8) with Chris Benoit
- Mike Tenay, filling in the studio for Scott
Hudson, also mentioned Benoit's name in agreeing.
- Larry (shuffled in to fill Bobby's studio slot)
talked about wrestling (and beating) Casey.
- Which reminds me...
- Tenay earlier brought up Zybszko's big
match at Shea Stadium...
- But Larry played up like he didn't want
to talk about the past that much.
- The Artist vs Ashley Hudson (w/Aussie Flag and boomerang)
- WCW is very subtle about things like nationality,
are they not?
- It's an Artist match.
- Would you read play by play if I gave it?
- Hudson avoided the 2nd rope DDT once ('cause he
was too far away)...
- But not the second time (even though he was kinda'
far away and the move didn't look to good.)
- Your Winner: The Artist (~4:00)
- Sean O'Haire/Mark Jindrak vs Cassidy Riley and Chris
- Unspectacular rookie match.
- I think I'd like O'Haire and Jindrak better if
they stopped doing so much Hardy stuff.
- And if the announcers would stop trying to say
that because they're tall, they're good.
- Seanton Bomb finishes it...
- Your Winner: O'Haire/Jindrak (~4:00)
- Vampiro vs Ponytail-ed Power Plant guy
- Here, I can't actually remember the victim's name.
- But I do know it's a guy I've seen
before, though I don't think he's been on
since we stopped getting WCWSN matches.
- White guy, totally bald except for a pony
- At any rate, this was an okay match.
- The Triple P used a spinning inverted DDT, and
Tony said it was his finisher..
- Which must make Chris Daniels feel great
inside, seeing as it was HIS finisher
just a few weeks ago.
- But Vamp kicked out at 2, and shortly hit the
Nail in the Coffin for the win.
- Your Winner: Vampiro (~4:30)
- The Re-Enforcers and "Stylin" Shane Eden vs
Gen. Morrus, Private Stash and Cpl. Cajun
- It's sad to hear the Re-Enforcers one last
time, knowing what WCW did to him.
- "Here's your reward for getting over
on Worldwide - you get a gimmick that'd
make Terry Taylor cringe!"
- I really really really REALLY hate WCW.
- Eden, who hadn't impressed me before now, took
some nice bumps in this one.
- This one seemed kinda rushed, as neither Lash nor
Mike Sanders got much time.
- Morrus hits the moonsault on Eden for the win.
- Your Winner: MIA
- The Re-Enforcers did walk out on their partner at
the end, but the announcers don't note it, nor do
we get a good camera angle to show it.
- This IS WCW!