- Trivia Question: Immediately after Kevin Nash threw Rey Misterio, Jr. headfirst into a trailer in the infamous "lawn dart" incident of 1996, Rey Misterio could only say one word over and over. What was it? (answer at the end of the report)
- The mailbag:
- Curious where Vampiro went when the lights went out on Nitro? An anonymous reader has a theory:
If you count the number of hooded guys when they go to get Vampiro, there are ten. When the lights go out and come back on, there are eleven.
Get it? Vampiro just put on a cape and mask and badda bing, badda boom, he's Sting!!!!!
- Scott D. writes:
Thought you'd enjoy this. Remember that as Kevin Nash was dragging Jeff Jarrett around during the June 14th Thunder, TBS standards and practices bleeped out Kevin Nash's oh-so-tasteful references to Deliverance (including a reference to "purty lips"). Dave Meltzer reported last week that it was edited out of the show because of its implication of sodomy.
Here's the June 29 Liberty Meadows comic strip, published in, among other places, the Washington Post:
The funny part is that, if you squint, the two guys standing next to Snuffy Smith could be caricatures of Hall and Nash.
What's the lesson here? I guess it's that if a reference to sodomy comes from a cartoon character, it's okay . . . but, wait, under that rule, they wouldn't have bleeped Nash. Go figure.
- Xavier Doom is on tap for PPV coverage for both Bash at the Beach and the August PPV (TPPVFKA Road Wild).
- Chances are you've read these elsewhere, or figured it out on your own, but WCWSN as a Saturday night program is no more. WCW has added an 11:00 a.m. show on Saturday, but like WCWSN had become, it's a recap show.
- I found it more than a little ironic that Outsiders video package on Nitro referred to them as one of the greatest tag teams in history.
One of the greatest tag teams in history??!! Sheesh, back in 1996 and 1997, those guys singlehandedly (doublehandedly?) ruined the tag belts and the entire tag team division in WCW.
- If you haven't done so already, please check out the Rene Goulet interview.
If you could, give me some feedback on it. I can tell by my web server statistics that a lot of people are checking it out, but I haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback.
Specifically, other than just knowing if I did a good job with the interview or not, I've gotten offers from two indy wrestlers (one a lady wrestler) to be interviewed. I want to make sure that it's going to be worth their time. If there is some constructive feedback, I can get to do an improved job, and that's good for everybody.
- Little did you know, the "Dusty Finish" isn't confined just to professional wrestling. Sometimes, it happens in politics as well. Click here.
- The news of the move of the WWF from the USA Network to TNN and the subsequent booting of ECW from TNN isn't just fodder for pro wrestling websites...it's become national news. Click here.
- Trivia Answer: "Cuatro", Spanish for "four". It was theorized that he was saying that he was attacked by four men, leading speculation as to there being a fourth man in the nWo, in addition to the three known members at the time: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Hollywood Hogan.
Rey Misterio never revealed who the fourth man was because...uh, I guess no one got a translator...although, uh, Rey Misterio actually already spoke perfect English...er, uh...never mind.