WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 06/03/00
- First, to the ring announcers, to hype tonight's action
- Crowbar, Juvie and the Mamalukes in action.
- Tony: "I guess Crowbar will go down in
history as the man who lost the cruiserweight
title to a woman."
- Maybe Evan got all references of him
doing that to Madusa written out of the
storyline when he got his new contract.
- Or maybe someone just forgot.
- Mean Gene talks to the Mamalukes
- Remember when these guys were on like four times
a show, during Russo's first reign of terror?
- Notice how they're not on at all, this time?
- I wonder if that's a coincidence...
- At any rate, they're still the Paisans.
- Gene brings up their absence of late.
- Johnny explains that Vito's been 'visiting' the
county jail to talk to The Boss.
- Vito: "As everyone knows, the Boss is in the
Big House, because of some crimes that we can't
talk about on TV. But we get the lawyers working
on it, we've got the connections, we're going get
you out soon."
- Vito says that they want the tag team belts back.
- As best I can make out between the static, they
also offer to take Gene to dinner.
- Kevin Nash is SUPERMAN and stuff.
- "He's the Ghost of Ric Flair's career!"
- Nitro, where Nash and Jarrett fight, and Jarrett wins.
- Wow, that blood did miss pretty bad.
- Back to Thunder, where we, Nash and Steiner get
the three way match, and the title.
- I'm not timing this week, but I think we got
around 20 seconds of match footage this week in
this four minute clip montage
- Sting and Vampiro don't get along.
- While Hudson talks about Vampiro and his fun with
fire, Heenan tries to show how hot his lighter
is, and almost burns himself.
- Clips from Nitro (the end of the Vamp/Hogan match)
- and Thunder (Sting sit-down interview)
- This was a really short segment, for some reason.
Shorter clip package then usual.
- That of course means that they're taking
additional breaks now, so they can have an
uninterrupted 8 minute match later, right?
- Great American Bash lineup
- Vampiro vs Sting, Human Torch match
- Scott Steiner vs Tank Abbot, Asylum Match for the
- Hulk Hogan vs Kidman, Career vs Title Shot,
special referee unknown (Horace)
- This may be extreme wishful thinking, but
Hogan's WCW Contract is almost up, right?
- And isn't it a Turner contract, not a WCW
one, so if they got sold...who does he
- DDP vs Mike Awesome in an Ambulance Match
- Reid Flair vs David Flair (w/Daffney)
- They were actually going to do
that match if Ric didn't come back?
- That's astounding.
- Heenan "It's bizarre, it's WCW."
- The Franchise vs The Wall in a Table match
- Time for Ask WCW.com"
- Hey, a guy asking Arn an question. Cool.
- Hudson and Heenan talk about the answer
- That's weird, usually they don't even
- I figured they didn't hear the answer at
all, and that the interview was dubbed in
- Allan Funk vs Juventud Guerrera
- Funk's like "Hey, remember when me and Barry
Horowitz were doing something?"
- Allan takes the mic, and talks about being the
next Johnny Swinger, more or less.
- Yea! It's Da Juice!
- Juvie: "Finally, the Juice One has come back
to the Juice Town."
- Juvie: "The Juice is in the house, and the
house is in the juice."
- What the heck?
- Juvie almost says "Hey, what
happened to those two dudes in black I
used to hang out with?" but doesn't.
- Juvie and Funk exchange punches, Juvie taking
- Chop, then ten punches and a pelvic shake
- Corner whip, reversed, Juvie with an elbow as
Allan runs in.
- Juvie off the top with a cross body, for a 2 count.
- Chinlock by Juvie.
- Juvie up to his feet, still with a headlock, off
the ropes, shoulderblock.
- Off the ropes again for a while , as both avoid
each other for a while, hip toss by Funk blocked,
flying headscissors by Juvie not.
- Alan to the outside, Juvie poses on the second
- Juvie and Allan fight up on the ramp, with Juvie
neatly being whipped into the ropes from the
outside, but holding on and backdropping Allan
into the ring
- Juvie with a Stun Gun from the ramp, then slowly
goes to the top rope.
- Juvie with a...a flying chin drop on to Allan's
- Allan with punches, whip, Juvie ducks under a
clothesline, Juvie tries another headscissors and
gets a faceslam variation instead.
- Allan with stomps, then a cover for 2.
- Allan with punches, and a cover for 2.
- Allan picks up Juvie, hits him with a dropkick,
cover for 2 and a foot on the rope.
- Allan acts mad, tries for a suplex, but it's
reversed, and then Juvie his the Juvie Driver.
- Juvie stands over Funk...he's not going to, is
- Oh, but he is...
- Elbowpad off, into the air
- Off both sets of ropes, and the elbow drop.
- Finally, the Juvie Elbow has returned to
- Juvie gets the pin.
- Your Winner: Juventud Guerrera
- Cassidy Riley and Chris Harris vs Mamalukes
- Tenay: "A lot of depth in the WCW Tag Team
- Yea, there's Kronic and there's...
- Riley and Harris have very familiar rip off of
something real music, but I can't place it.
- Vito beats up on Harris before the bell rings.
- Vito with a shot to the head, whip, clothesline,
tag to Johnny.
- Double clothesline, double stomp down.
- Johnny with some punches, but Harris fights back,
corner, whip, but Harris runs right into an elbow.
- Nice looking spinning kick by Johnny, but a two
- Johnny to a tag, double whip, double back elbow,
some more general beating.
- Vito tries a half hour suplex, and almost loses it.
- Harris balances himself on the top rope to save
the move, and Vito just finishes the suplex.
- 2 count, Vito stalls.
- Whip, sunset flip by Harris for 2.
- Harris up, clotheslined backed down by Vito.
- Tag to Johnny.
- Johnny sets up Harris, then jumps to the top
rope, then hits a halfturn legdrop.
- Nice, 2 count, broken up.
- Johnny with a slam, then tries it again, almost
loses his balance on the top rope, then misses
the move with Harris moves.
- Tag to Chris, tag to Vito.
- Riley with a dropkick, whip, backdrop, chop,
- Cassidy with a handspring back elbow, but it
- Vito with a side slam, I think.
- Harris breaks it up before the three count, all
four in, battling in the corners.
- Double whip by both the Mamalukes, who duck clotheslines from the others, but hit ones of
- Chris Harris is thrown to the floor.
- Johnny works Cassidy over with punches, then
whips him into Johnny's big boot, and pulling off a DDT.
- Your Winner: Mamalukes
- Hey, a new Nitro Girl commercial.
- Someone must've got fired.
- There sure seems to be less of them, at any rate.
- "Average" Mike Sanders vs Crowbar
- Sanders throws down a Michigan cap for cheap heat.
- Sanders has the theme from Pulp Fiction, for
- I don't know if I'd call that an
- Crowbar runs to the ring (dropping his lead pipe
in the aisle), slingshots himself into the ring,
and then drops an elbow on the mat.
- Sanders wisely gets away from the crazy
- Crowbar with a punch, then a gutwrench suplex.
- Crowbar with a body slam, then hits a
- Crowbar doesn't cover, Sanders goes outside, and
eats a baseball slide.
- Crowbar tries to set Sanders up on a chair on the
outside, but the chair breaks under Sanders.
- So, Crowbar hits Sanders with the half broken
chair, grabs a new one, sits Sanders on that,
goes back in the ring, and hits a pescado.
- Crowbar grabs his left arm/elbow after
making contact with Sanders and the chair..might
have hurt it for real.
- Crowbar with punches, but backs up (to pump
himself up by headbutting the ramp) and walks
right into a superkick.
- A slightly above average superkick, at
- Crowbar throws Sanders in the air as he charges,
but Sanders lands on the ramp, and hits a
- That was slightly above average too,
although the fact that there was no
sensible reason for Crowbar to be
throwing him like that evens it out.
- Sanders with some punches, and throws Crowbar
back in, before following.
- Sanders tries to get more in, but Crowbar just
falls to the mat.
- Sanders with a snapmare, and then a hard kick to
- Sanders with a little dance and an elbow drop.
- Sanders with a whip, Crowbar under the
clothesline, and Crowbar hits a release German
- Crowbar with punches, but Sanders grabs a hand,
slides between Crowbar's legs, and gives him a
pumphandle back suplex, I think.
- Sanders goes up top, but Crowbar crotches him.
- Crowbar with a couple kicks, then a punch, then
he goes all the way up top.
- Crowbar with a top rope 'rana, then he stops to
- Crowbar with a snap suplex, holds on for another
snap suplex, and holds on for a Northern Lights
Suplex. 2 count.
- Tenay says that's called the "Crazy
- Crowbar seems to no-sell a jawbreaker, then hits
with a slam, and a slingshot legdrop.
- Sanders with an eyepoke, following with punches.
- Sanders with a whip, Crowbar with a float over,
kick to the stomach, Mind Bender.
- That's his front suplex/Falcon Arrow
- Your Winner: Crowbar
- Crowbar raises Mark Johnson over his shoulder
after the match, then kisses him on the head.
- Then he slingshots himself on to the ramp for no
- You know, you could run an interesting public
safety announcement with Crowbar.
- "He may be a complete nut, but even he
wears knee pads, so should you!"
- Or something.
- Anyway, that was the best match in a while.
- Heenan and Hudson wrap up the show for this week. That's