Long time reader, first time writer. (Always wanted to say that.)
Anyway, I recently moved to Atlanta for a summer internship and plan to head to the Philips Arena for Nitro tonight. I think I'm gonna try and go solo to get a good ticket. Anyway, I have a fun story to relate.
Saturday night I was out in Buckhead, the hip party district of Atlanta where NFL great Ray Lewis (allegedly) murdered somebody. I was sitting on the deck of a bar when I noticed a really big guy walking by. Then I figure it out - it's Konnan! I couldn't believe how big he was in person....he was with another big guy, but I couldn't get a look at his face to figure out who it might have been. Too muscled for Rey Mysterio, too short for Johnny the Bull although that was who it kind of looked like.
The woman I was with couldn't understand my excitement....imagine if it had been a wrestler with talent?
Isn't it strange that a Captiain (Rection) dresses down two Majors (Stash and Gunns)? Seems that the Misfits can't even get their chain of command down right!
Top 10 theories on Bischoff's surprise announcement:
10. Pat Benetar to appear at 7/3 Nitro, Dexy's Midnight Runners on 7/10 Nitro.
9. New time slot for WCW Wednesday Thunder: 3:00-5:00am.
8. Goldberg to star in the upcoming mega-hit "The Mummy 3".
7. 60-minute marathon match for Bash At The Beach - TAFKAPI vs. Roadblock.
6. New gimmick for Glacier/Buzz Stern.
5. At a mystery house show in the Swiss Alps, High Voltage won the tag team belts.
4. Bischoff STEALS Ray Traylor from the WWF, and there's nothing Vince can do about it.
3. WCW bringing back GLOW, the Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling (including the beautiful Mount Fuji).
2. New TV contract, Nitro to air exclusively on KECI - Missoula, Montana's Channel 13.
And the number one theory on Bischoff's surprise announcement:
1. The 4 Horsemen reform! Ric Flair! Reid Flair! Beth Flair! .......... and Mongo McMichael.