WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 02/26/00
- Scott Hudson and Bobby Heenan hype the show.
- It doesn't sound good.
- Heenan: "It's like being on Rosie O'Donnell...you're
hawking so many things"
- Non-outdated reference from the Brain! Good for him.
- Luger's breaking arms and cashing checks.
- Something like that.
- We get a special Luger video package.
- You know, La Parka should clock him for stealing the chair gimmick.
- Clips from matches versus (and random violence towards) Buff, Knobbs, Jimmy Hart and Hogan.
- Hart: "You'll never sell as much merchandize as Hogan has in your lifetime."
- Tony: "I don't think anyone has."
- I'm not so sure of that...
- Back in the studio, they talk about Liz.
- Heenan mentions Savage..
- That's about one more time then anyone
- ManCow TV ad, which causes me to ask:
- What's the point of hyping that someone's getting
nude on a TV show, if we all know you're going to
blur it out?
- I don't get it.
- Time for a feature on...THE WALL.
- I like the idea of focusing on a midcarder to get
- But not THIS midcarder.
- "Speaking of hardcore, how about the Wall...and
Bam Bam Bigelow?"
- When you think Hardcore, think the Wall, I guess.
- This is all an excuse just to play their match
from Monday (2/14)
Nitro over again.
- You know this is an important match, 'cause they talk about JJ/Sid during it.
- And seeing as the Wall jobbed here, why show it all?
- Logic and WCW didn't exchange Valentines, I think.
- Ahh, the fact that he chokeslammed Bam Bam gives it all a point.
- The announcers try to make the post-match chokeslam a big thing.
- You'd think they'd change these Randy Savage Slim Jim ads, too.
- The announcers hype various WCW crossover products.
- Hudson: "There can't be too many best
selling authors that have their own action figure...but
DDP is one."
- Of many.
- After some more Positively Page hype, we segue
when into Ready to Rumble hype.
- And get a long trailer.
- This movie has a chance to be a "Bill
and Ted's Excellent Adventure"
- Or really bad.
- Or maybe both, depending on your opinion.
- Hudson talks about the trailer being shown before
- Heenan thinks it's going be a cult favorite.
- 3 Count (Shannon Moore and Shane Helms w/Evan) vs Jamie
Howard and Yun Yang
- Tony and Tenay are the announcers.
- I like how it always takes a moment for 3 Count
to realize that their music stopped playing.
- Moore and Helms with a double whip, but the
Power Plant team dropkicks them both out.
- Shannon comes back in, and eats Northern Lights
Suplex from Howard. 2 count.
- Jamie with a whip, flying fistdrop, another 2
- Tag to Yang, snap mare takedown by Howard, Yung
with a seated dropkick to the head, Jamie with a
legdrop, Yung with a 2 count.
- That was some great teamwork for people
who don't team much (ever?)
- Yung with a snap suplex, hold for a swinging
neckbreaker, 2 count.
- Tag to Jamie, who puts on arm bar, whip, Shannon
reverses, Shane with a knee from the apron and
Shannon hits a sleeper neckbreaker.
- Tag, Shane with a vertical suplex, followed by a
- Shane with lightning quick legdrop and a side
- Tag to Shannon, powerslam, and assisted running
senton for a 2 count.
- Jamie with a inside cradle, ref takes a while to
count, and it's a 2 count.
- I'm thinking they were supposed to do a '2
count, reverse the cradle, 2 count' spot,
but someone forgot.
- Shannon with a legrdop, slam, dancing legdrop, 2
- Shannon with an arm bar, tag to Shane, who comes
off the top with a sunset flip. 2 count.
- Shane with a clothesline, tag, slam, double
springboard moonsault by Shannon
- Jamie fights back with a punches, whip, reveres,
Howard with a reverse neckbreaker.
- Hot tag to Yung, who cleans house on the singers
- All four in, 10 punch a long., but Evan with the
distraction, allowing 3 Count to hit a top rope
'rana/frogsplash combo for the pin.
- Your Winner: 3 Count
- Quick action, good match.
- Little Jeanie vs Rhonda Singh (w/Mr. Ed)
- Who had Rhonda's music before?
- It sounds familiar.
- Rhonda beats Jeanie early, corner whip, splash.
- Rhonda with a legdrop, then picking her back up,
whip, and letting her run into her...
- Aww, no offense to Jeanie, who seems like a
decent worker, but I'm not going to even bother.
- The person in the ring and the person behind the
mic just make me not care.
- Your Winner: Rhonda Singh by Sunset Flip sitdown reversal.
- Wonder if/how they're going get the actual WCW Women's title back...
- You know, whenever you see that "It's almost here...the
most anticipated event of the year"...
- I hope you're thinking the same thing I am:
- "Yea, Wrestlemania IS just around the corner."
- They seem to want to sell some other PPV here, though.
- The Demon vs "Top TV Title Contender" Fidel
- If you saw WCWSN, you know what I'm talking about.
- Tony wants to see the Demon breath fire.
- Demon controls, Fidel reverses a whip with a
- Sierra with a whip, reversed, Demon with a
- Demon crawls over for no reason.
- Demon with punches, cross whip, weak follow
- Demon with a snap suplex, slow up, Fidel fires
back with punches.
- Fidel with chops in the corner
- Demon pushes Fidel in the corner, chops, snapmare, legdrop.
- Cross whip, reverse by Fidel, Demon moves out of
the way, and hits his Cobra Clutch slam.
- Your Winner: Demon
- Apparently, they're calling it the Love Gun.
- That was awful quick.
- I'm good with that.
- Heenan and Hudson hype Uncensored.
- Heenan: "[Uncensored] is always bizarre."