WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 12/11/99
- Announcers this week are Mike Tenay and Larry "Hey,
aren't I supposed to be fired?" Zybszko
- You got to love it when the one week delay exposes major plot holes.
- Hudson hypes Bret and Goldberg, then the Three Way Dance
for post-Starrcade #1 contender
- Back to Nitro 11/29, for most of Sting/Benoit/Jarrett
- Scott and Larry then hype the Goldberg/Sid,
Benoit/Bret, Outsiders cage tag team match.
- But first, we see Goldberg vs Scott Hall, I think
- Sid and Nash are there, I can't remember
who this is supposed to be.
- That was an awfully weak chairshot by
Hall on the ref. Kinda' a love tap rather than a
- Nope, it's Goldberg/Nash
- The Outsiders challenge for the match.
- Yea, it's a really smart move to put
yourself in cage against your four worst
- The post match punking goes on
unnecessarily long, it seems.
- Of course, there's no wedding on for me
to flip to now like there was then.
- Recap of the Juventud Guerrera and Jushin Liger match
- Juvie did a great job in that bit where he found
out he was facing Liger.
- But I don't want to hear him on Thunder for 2
- Hudson "Well, apparently Jushin Liger can't
handle a shot of Tequila."
- Hudson reminds us that Russo said he'd clear up
Juvie's immigration problems for winning.
- I hope that's the last we hear of THAT angle.
- Recap of the fun with mud from Nitro
- From Fyre's expression, that must be one funny
- Luger: "Can you spell breech? B-r-e-c-h"
- Anyone else remember that WW3 promo last year
talking about Luger being an athlete and a
- We move right into Starrcade hype
- Bret/Goldberg and DDP/David Flair hyped
- Oooh, actual matches next!
- Al Green vs Lash LeRoux
- Mike Tenay and Scott Hudson are the arena announcers
- Cool, Lash. This should be fun.
- Lash does some push ups before the match, for no apparent reason.
- Maybe it's a PowerPlant flashback.
- Lockup and Green tosses Lash down to the mat.
- Green goes for another lockup, but Lash slides
under, jumps up with a dropkick and another.
- Lash with punches in the corner, cross corner whip, reversed, Lash kips up on the turnbuckle, but gets caught into an inverted powerbomb.
- Lash had this great look on his face when he realized he was about to take that move.
- Al with a whip, but Lash with a sunset flip for two.
- Lash with punches. Bourbon Street Blues is countered by a clothesline.
- Al with a inverted side slam (according to Hudson), then throws Lash out of the ring.
- Lash up on the apron, but gets caught with a forearm. Al with a running knee to knock him off the apron.
- Al throws Lash back in, whip and into a press slam.
- Al sets up for a powerbomb, but hits a forearm to the back and stalls instead, allowing Lash to hit a low headbutt.
- Lash with a kick to the stomach, fireman's carry, WhipLash, 3 count.
- Your Winner: Lash LeRoux
- Wow, Lash got like three moves that whole match.
- Crap. Evan and Madusa are next.
- Evan Karagias vs "Bad" Barry Horowitz
- Barry gets no graphic chyron, but a Cruiserweight
- Barry jumps the gun with forearms, whip, dropkick.
2 count. Barry covers him again, for another 2
- Hudson is questioning Madusa fitting on
the Cruiserweight limits
- WCW.com has her at 150 lbs, for what it's
- I think Hudson is trying to say the size of her 'additions' might put her over the limit.
- I don't get why they didn't keep the TV belt and get rid of the Cruiserweight belt.
- There's no weight limit to care about with the TV belt.
- Snapmare by Barry, then a hair pull, followed by
a pat to the back.
- Karagias fights back, but Horowitz with a boot to
the face, then an eye rake
- Horowitz with a cool looking rollup...for 2.
- Evan with some weak chops, whip is reversed,
gutshot knocks down Evan.
- Barry with a double underhook suplex then a
legdrop for 2.
- Barry with a fireman carry suplex for 2, then a
whip, leapfrog, sunset flip by Evan.
- Barry up, clothesline, and takes back control
- Madusa and Barry have words.
- Barry: "Hey, Alundra, remember when I won
matches for a while?"
- Madusa: "Remember when me versus Singh was
a PPV match people wanted to see?"
- Eh, I'm lying.
- No one EVER wanted to see Rhonda Singh.
- Evan with some chops, but Barry takes over more.
- Barry with a backbreaker variant, 2 count.
- Barry with a whip, shoulderblock, keeps going,
and gets drop toe holded by Evan
- Evan with a slingshot cross body, 2 count
- Barry begs off tin the corner, then hits an elbow
as Evan charges in
- Barry with a takedown in the corner, feet on the
ropes, 2 count before Mickey Jay notices.
- Who does Barry think he is? Ric Flair? :)
- Barry argues the count, and gets a dropkick to
- Evan with a snap suplex, twisting moonsault, and
the three count.
- Larry and Scott wrap up the show