WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, November 13, 1999
- We're here once again for another edition of WCW Saturday Night. I have been
super swamped with school work this weekend so let's just jump on in.
- Match #1 La Parka vs. Lash LeRoux
- Tenay is back. Apparently, he was helping film the future bomb that will be the WCW movie.
- La Parka comes out in full Skeletor mode.
- His opponent is the new proprietor of www.lashleroux.com.
- La Parka's strut gets booed.
- Back kick from La Parka and front kick to the face.
- Punches in the corner from La Parka.
- La Parka charges into a boot.
- Lash fires out with a lariat.
- Reverse Irish whip sends Lash into the corner, but he sends La Parka over the top rope.
- Shoulder to the gut from La Parka who goes up top and comes down with a missile
- Lash rolls outside and la Parka gives chase with a tope.
- Parka is up top, but Lash crotches him.
- Bourbon street blues gets two.
- Belly-to-belly suplex gets two.
- Elbow drop misses
- Corkscrew enzuguiri from Parka.
- The corkscrew moonsault misses.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Lash Leroux via pinfall following the Whiplash.
- Not a bad opener.
- We're back and we're going to see some more Power Plant guys again this week. They
talk about the matches that are coming up this week on Nitro. We then get a replay
of the hardcore happenings between Smiley and Knobbs.
- Match #2 Al Green vs. Screamin' Norman Smiley
- The week it's full catcher's gear for Norman Smiley.
- Al hurts his hand on the mask.
- The kick to the exposed leg works though.
- Smiley comes back with rights and kicks.
- Outside Smiley hits a headbutt with the face mask.
- Green into the safety rail.
- Smiley with a chair to the back.
- Back inside, Smiley hits an Irish whip, but he ducks the head on the back body drop.
The kick sends the mask flying.
- A right drops Smiley.
- Green puts Smiley into the corner and kicks the chest protector a few times before
realizing that he's a moron.
- I expected better from former World Title contenders.
- Whip to the opposite corner, Green charges into a boot followed by a wind-up slam.
- Smiley with the Big Wiggle.
- Thumb to the eye from Green.
- Smiley ducks a clotheslines, but gets caught in a chokehold.
- Smiley reverses out and locks on the Norman Conquest.
- Green taps.
- YOUR WINNER: Norman Smiley via submission to the Norman Conquest.
- Too short, but Smiley won so I'm not going to complain too much.
- We come back to a discussion about the Outsider's costing Goldberg the US Title.
We then get a replay of the schenanigans that followed.
- Match #3 The Texas Outlaws vs. David Taylor and Steven Regal with Fit Finlay
- Taylor and Outlaw1 to start.
- Outlaw1 locks on a side headlock.
- Taylor whips out and Regal trips Outlaw1 at the ropes.
- European uppercut from Taylor.
- Scoop slam and a sledghammer blow.
- Regal tags in and locks on a side headlock.
- Whipped out and Outlaw2 with a knee to the back of Regal.
- Regal then charges into a scoop slam.
- Outlaw2 tags in with a double back elbow.
- Boot rake on Regal, Outlaw2 goes up top and comes down with a knee.
- Irish whip, Regal side steps a shoulder and sends Outlaw2 outside.
- Finlay and Taylor double team him while Regal distracts the ref.
- Knees and European uppercuts from Regal.
- Taylor tags back in with a rear chinlock.
- Taylor working the shoulder.
- Forearms and European uppercuts from Taylor.
- Outlaw2 reverses a whip to the corner, Taylor tries to counter with a cross body, but
- Hot tag to Outlaw1 and he cleans house.
- They whip the Brits into each other.
- Regals sends an Outlaw outside.
- The other Outlaw comes off the ropes, but Finlay hits him in the back with a chair.
- Butterfly suplex from Taylor.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Dave Taylor and Steven Regal via pinfall following a
- Once again, too short, but still a good match.
- Match #4 Jerry Flynn vs. Lizmark Jr.
- The first long story short of the week. They must be so proud.
- Long story short: Jerry Flynn controlled the whole match and wins with the cross
- YOUR WINNER: Jerry Flynn via submission to the cross armbreaker.
- We come back to a replay of all the stupidity between David Flair and Kimberly.
- Match #5 Jaime Howard vs. Devon Storm
- This should be good, I like what I see in Devon Storm and Howard impressed in his last
- Takedown from Storm.
- Howard with an escape to an armbar.
- Storm reverses to a scoop slam.
- Kicks and chops from Storm.
- Back elbow for two from Storm.
- Wristlock from Storm, Howard flips off the ropes to reverse.
- Storm rolls to escape and drives Howard face first into the mat.
- Rake to the back from Storm. Now that Hogan's gone I guess that move is public
- Hip toss reversed by Howard, reversed by Storm who misses a clothesline.
- Howard fires back with a head scissors takeover.
- Dropkick from Howard sends Storm outside.
- Howard hits a somersault dive off the apron.
- Back inside, Howard with chops in the corner.
- Whip to the opposite corner Howard charges into boots.
- Head scissors takeover off the top from Storm and he follows with a lariat.
- Storm picks up Howard and crotches him.
- A dropkick sends Howard outside.
- Storm with a plancha off the apron.
- Storm whips Howard into the rail and then hits a front suplex onto the steps.
- Suplex back in, but Howard reverses into a rollup for two.
- Storm with a chop to come back and somersault legdrop for 2.
- Suplex reversed into a DDT by Howard.
- Chops from Howard and a dropkick in the corner.
- Northern lights for two from Howard.
- Monkey flip is caught and Storm sets Howard up top.
- Storm goes for the hurracanrana, but Howard doesn't go over.
- High cross body from Howard for two.
- Victory roll from Howard for two.
- Storm escapes a scoop slam and goes through the normal setup for the Eye of the Storm.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Devon Storm via pinfall following the Eye of the Storm.
- Fantastic match. Jaime Howard has a future if he can cut a decent interview.
- We come back to an interview with Curt Hennig. He complains about the Powers that
Be and says that only Curt Hennig will decide when it's time to hang up the boots.
- We come back again to a replay of the entrance of Dustin Rhodes and what I thought was a
pretty decent interview.
- Match #6 Rick Cornell vs. Allan Funk
- Okay I like Allan Funk so far and from what I saw in this match Rick Cornell is a decent
worker, BUT the best way to push young talent is have them job to better talent. I
don't care about either of these guys so they get a long story short.
- Long story short: Cornell hit some nice spots at the beginning which he then hit again
later in the match so I'm guessing he needs some more work. Funk come back out of
nowhere with a German suplex for the win.
- YOUR WINNER: Allan Funk via pinfall following a German suplex.
- Not a bad match, just uninteresting. Cornell's greeness really shown through also.
- Match #7 Barry Darsow vs. Chris Benoit
- Darsow with a sneak attack as Benoit climbs in.
- Lariat from Darsow and he chokes Benoit on the ropes.
- Belly to back for one from Darsow.
- Back to the choke.
- Irish whip, but Darsow ducks his head on the back body drop.
- Knife-edge chops from Benoit.
- Back elbow from Benoit and he works on Darsow in the corner.
- Snap-suplex from Benoit.
- He follows up with a pendulum backbreaker for two.
- Darsow tries to escape outside, but Benoit catches him with a baseball slide dropkick.
- Benoit sends Darsow into the rail.
- Darsow reverse a whip into the guard rail.
- Back in the ring double sledge from Darsow.
- Boot to the gut from Darsow.
- Darsow picks Benoit up and crotches him on the rope.
- Darsow working over Benoit on the apron.
- Darsow hits the shattered dreams on Benoit.
- Darsow working Benoit over in the corner.
- Back elbow and a cover for two.
- Benoit reverses a slam into a small package for two.
- Benoit into the corner moves out of the way of the shoulder charge.
- Knife edge chops from Benoit.
- He whips Benoit into the opposite corner and follows with an elbow drop.
- Darsow goes for a shortarm clothesline, but Benoit counters with the Crippler Crossface.
- Darsow gets into the ropes.
- Thumb to the eye from Darsow, he sets up fro a DDT, but Benoit hits a North Lights
- Benoit up top and there's the Diving Headbutt.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Chris Benoit via pinfall following the diving headbutt.
- Great match. It's been too long since Benoit has been on Saturday Night.
- We come back to a dsicussion about Sting and The Total Package with a replay of what
happened on Nitro.
- Match #8 Erik Watts vs. Disco Inferno in a non-title match
- Why oh why is Erik Watts on my screen?
- Tie-up and a side headlock from Disco.
- Watts whips out and hits a hip toss. He then proceeds to act like he just hit the
- Arm drag from Disco and he mocks Watts.
- Boots in the corner from Disco.
- Whip to the opposite corner, but Watts dodges the charge.
- Disco blocks a right and goes for a belly to back, but Watts counters with a bulldog for
- Scoop slam and some elbow drops from Watts.
- Disco rolls out of the way of the last one.
- Both men ducking clotheslines, but Disco tricks Watts and lands one.
- Elbow drops from Disco.
- Cover for two.
- Wristlock to an Irish whip from Disco.
- Watts reverses a hip toss to a uranage.
- Watts power bombs Disco into the top turnbuckle.
- Whip to the corner, but Watts charges into an elbow.
- Boot to the gut and a swinging neckbreaker from Disco.
- Disco with an elbow drop from the second rope.
- Disco with punches in the corner.
- Snake eyes from Watts.
- Whip to the opposite corner, Disco dodges and Watts bounces out into the Last Dance.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Disco Inferno via pinfall following the Last Dance.
- Decent match, but only 'cause Disco was there to save it.
- We come back to a replay of the match between Saturn and Sid on Thunder.
- Match #9 El Dandy and Silver King vs. Konnan and Kidman with Eddy Guerrero for the
- INSERT STRAWBERRY CATCHPHRASES HERE!!!!
- Kidman dodges a Silver King dropkick attempt.
- Silver King comes right back with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker.
- Dandy tags in and double teams Kidman.
- They try to double team him again, but the Dandy right hand tags Silver King instead.
- YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN!!!!
- Konnan tags in with a DDT.
- Followed up with the seated dropkick.
- Silver King tags back in and applies a wristlock.
- Crappy escape by Konnan.
- Followed by a crappy hip toss.
- Followed by a crappy flurry of offense.
- Kidman tags back in with rights and boots.
- Dandy hot shots him and hits the right of doom.
- Silver King tags in for the double team on Kidman.
- Double drop toe hold from the rudos.
- Silver King covers for two.
- Right hand and a headbutt from Dandy.
- Silver King hot shots Kidman in the corner.
- Dandy working on the shoulder.
- Silver King back in wtih a scoop slam.
- Silver King misses the springboard moonsault.
- Hot tag to Konnan.
- Rolling clothesline for both men.
- Back kick and face plant from Konnan.
- Dandy charges into a Rydeen bomb from Kidman.
- Eddy pulls Silver King out while Konnan locks on the Tequila Sunrise.
- Dandy taps.
- YOUR WINNER: Konnan and Kidman via submission to the Tequila Sunrise.
- Decent match cause Kidman stayed in for most of it.
- Well, decent show. I gotta go. Take it easy!!!