WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, October 23, 1999
- Here we are again for another edition of WCW Saturday Night. Once again it is I,
Dan the procrastinating man, but the report is here so you can now all get your fix of
mid-carders and five minute matches. Wait a minute, I have the best damn show that
WCW puts out right now. WHOOO HOOOO!!!! On with the show
- Match #1 Dave Burkhead vs Juventud Guerrera
- And then to make me eat my words the first person on my screen is Dave Burkhead.
- Tie-up and Burkhead bulls Juvie into the corner.
- Burkhead rapid fire slaps Juvie and then breaks to taunt him.
- Tie-up and a side headlock from Burkhead.
- Juvie whips out of it and eats shoulderblock.
- Juvie off the ropes, Burkhead with a go-behind, but Juvie catches him with elbows.
- Juvie off the ropes and between the legs.
- He pops up with BIG chops.
- Burkhead staggers into the corner and Juvie with ten count punches.
- Juvie climbs up top and hits a high cross body for two.
- Another big chop from Guerrera.
- Burkhead flees to the outside.
- Juvie goes out to give chase and Burkhead catches him as he tries to climb back into the ring.
- Burkhead whips Juvie into the corner and follows with an avalanche clothesline.
- Vertical suplex from Burkhead for two.
- Reverse chinlock from Burkhead.
- Juvie hulks up and elbows out.
- Both men off the ropes and they both duck clotheslines that don't come.
- Boot to the gut from Burkhead.
- He whips Juvie into the corner and charges, but Juvie gets the boots up.
- Juvie runs up top for a missile drop kick.
- Juvie driver.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Juventud Guerrera via pinfall following the Juvie Driver.
- Not a bad opener althought I think they could have found somebody better than Burkhead
to put in there with Juvie.
- We get a Halloween Havoc promo. Trust me...they wear that little animation out
before this broadcast is over.
- We come back to Hudson and Zybsko hyping the four corners main event that is to come
later in the broadcast. They also discuss the Sid vs. Goldberg match at Havoc and we
get a decent little video package to go with it.
- Match #2 Villanos IV and V vs. The two scrubs they want us to believe are Disorderly
- I'm pretty much positive that isn't the same two guys that used to be Disorderly
- Anybody know what happened to the old guys?
- Tuff Tom and Villano IV are going to start things off.
- Wristlock from Tom that Villano IV reverses into a side headlock.
- That is reversed by Tom into a hammerlock.
- Villano IV grabs the ropes and does a front flip to escape and then hits a hurracanrana.
- Tom comes back with a forearm.
- Villano IV into the ropes, ducks the back elbow and hits a flying forearm.
- Back kick by IV into a DDT.
- Rollup for two by IV and then he gets sucked into Disorderly Conduct's corner.
- Mean tags in and commences a beatdown.
- Irish whip reversed by IV and Mike runs into the knee of Villano V.
- V tags in with a drop kick.
- Flying cross body by Villano V for two.
- Tuff Tom breaks it up and tags in with a choke hold.
- Mike tags back in with a nasty double team neckbreaker for two.
- Tom back in with a double team forearm to the back.
- Mike back in with a shoulderblock from the top rope for two.
- Mike stops V from tagging with a thumb to the eye.
- Sunset flip from V, but Mike is not going over.
- Villano IV runs in and knocks Mike over with a lariat for two.
- Tom back in and DC hits a double back elbow.
- Villano V is getting double teamed in the corner.
- Mike tries to come back in with the double team, but he tags his own partner.
- Villano IV tags in with a double clothesline.
- The Villanos hit a double dropkick that sends DC outside.
- They follow with a double tope.
- Villano IV and Mean Mike are back in the ring.
- Inside cradle from IV, but the ref doesn't see it.
- Tom rolls Mike on top of IV, but the ref still doesn't see it.
- V rolls IV back on top of Mike and the ref sees it.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: The Villanos via pinfall.
- Well you know if you suck when you're jobbing to the Villanos on Saturday Night.
- Not a bad match however.
- Surprise surprise. Another promo for Halloween Havoc. Did they spell Havoc
correctly in all of these ads? I always thought it was Havok.
- We come back to Mean Gene plugging the PPV. Mostly he's talking about Sting and
Hogan . . .mostly.
- Match #3 Jaime Howard vs. Kid Romeo
- Well, apparently Kid Romeo thinks this is a tryout for the Nitro Girls and not a
wrestling match. A bit of advice there Romeo, if you want to get over doing a dance
in the middle of the ring with glowsticks ain't going to do it.
- Kid Romeo hits an armdrag and another one to start things off.
- Test of strength; Howard with a kick to the gut and he takes Romeo down with a heel
- Series of near falls where Romeo powers each shoulder up at two.
- Romeo throws Howard off when he tries to break him down.
- Romeo is up and hits a body scissors into a victory roll for two.
- Side headlock from Romeo, but Howard elbows out.
- Romeo off the ropes and he shoulderblocks Howard down.
- Romeo off the ropes again, reverses a hiptoss attempt, but Howard reverses that into a
monkey flip. Romeo manages to land on his feet though.
- Howard reverses a whip to the corner.
- Romeo hits a sunset flip on the charge in for two.
- Romeo is whipped to the opposite corner.
- He tries to float over, but Howard catches him and drops him on his face.
- Howard mocks Romeo's dance. I like this Howard kid already.
- Romeo catches Howard, tosses him into the corner and hits some chops.
- Howard into the opposite corner.
- He gets the knee up on the charge.
- Howard then charges into a drop toe hold.
- Romeo with a roll through cradle for two.
- Howard pops up with a lariat for two.
- Romeo blocks the suplex attempt.
- Go behind by Romeo, Howard escapes and hits a modified northern lights suplex for two.
- Boots from Howard and a snap leg drop for one.
- Reverse chinlock from Howard.
- Romeo elbows his way out and charges into a dropkick for two.
- Front chancery from Howard.
- Romeo fights to his feet and punches out.
- Romeo off the ropes, Howard tries to leap frog, but Romeo catches him in a nasty
- Back body drop from Romeo.
- Dlying back elbow followed by a drop kick from Romeo.
- Scoop slam from Romeo and he heads up top.
- Howard catches him and brings him down with a nice top rope hurracanrana.
- Howard covers by doing push ups on Romeo's chest and gets a two count.
- Howard goes up top and the splash misses.
- Romeo hits the Snow Plow.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Kid Romeo via pinfall following a Snow Plow-like
move that will be named later.
- Not a bad match. If this is the quality that the Power Plant can produce then they
really need to stick with the program.
- We get a little montage for Sting vs Hogan.
- We come back to the boys discussing Goldberg, Sid and Sid's lawyers. We get some
stills and another Halloween Havoc promo.
- Gene shills the hotline.
- Match #4 Devon Storm vs Vampiro
- Storm hits Vampiro with a dropkick before he can even get to the ring.
- Front flip tope con hilo from Storm.
- Storm pounding on Vampiro on the outside.
- Vampiro comes back with a big chop and throws Storm into the rail.
- Back in the ring Storm off the ropes and Vampiro catches him with back heel kick.
- Big headbutt from Vampiro.
- Storm in the corner and Vampiro is pasting him with chops.
- Storm reverses a whip to the other corner and Vampiro pops out with a shoulderblock.
- Vampiro follows up with a big enzuiguiri kick in the opposite corner.
- Storm reverses a whip into the corner.
- Vampiro bounces out with an enzuiguiri, but Storm catches him in a belly to back suplex.
- Legdrop to the jewels by Storm.
- And another one.
- Slingshot guillotine legdrop from Storm for two.
- Irish whip followed by flying back elbow for two from Storm.
- Camel clutch by Storm, but Vampiro fights out and locks on an STF.
- Fireman's carry slam by Vampiro.
- Roundhouse to the gut from Vampiro.
- Vampiro sets up for a tornado DDT, but Storm blocks it and hits a northern lights suplex
- Scoop slam from Storm for two.
- Storm reverses a whip to the corner and hits a monkey flip, but Vampiro lands on his
- Vampiro with a kick to the gut and the Nail in the Coffin.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: .Vampiro via pinfall following The Nail in the Coffin.
- Good match. I had never seen Devon Storm before, but I had heard good things about
- Promo for Halloween Havoc with Flair vs. DDP featured this time.
- We come back to Mean Gene plugging Halloween Havoc. This time it's Sid vs.
Goldberg yet again.
- Match #5 Allan Funk vs. Kaz Hayashi
- Tie-up and a wristlock from Funk, Kaz reverses.
- Funk reverses, but Kaz reverses into a monkey flip.
- I think that was the first successful monkey flip of the evening.
- Drop toe hold to an armbar from Funk.
- Kaz off the ropes, sunset flip into a series of near falls between the two.
- Kaz is up and off the ropes again with a shoulderblock.
- Hip toss reversed into a fireman's carry from Kaz.
- Gazoni escape by Funk into a wristlock.
- Kaz tries to reverse, but Funk goes to the eyes.
- A beat down from Funk ensues.
- Funk goes for what looks like a powerbomb, but instead he throws Kaz over his shoulder
- Cover for two.
- Both men trading blows, Kaz comes out on top with a lariat.
- Jawbreaker from Funk.
- Funk putting the boots to Kaz.
- Powerslam from Funk for two.
- He covers again for two.
- Sleeper, but Kaz elbows out.
- Kaz off the ropes into a knee from Funk.
- Funk covers for two.
- Funk choking Kaz.
- Snap suplex and another near fall for Funk.
- Belly to back, but Kaz land on his feet.
- Kaz of the ropes and he hits a head scissores takeover, but Funk counters with an
- Funk covers for yet another two.
- FUnk misses the guillotine leg drop from the top.
- Kaz with a back brain kick for two.
- Kaz into the corner; Funk charges into a drop toe hold.
- Kaz outside and he comes back in with a slingshot DDT.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Kaz Hayashi via pinfall following a slingshot DDT.
- Nice to see Kaz win and I'm liking this Funk guy too.
- Another Halloween Havoc promo. This one concentrating on Berlyn vs. Armstrong.
- Match #6 Chris Adams vs. Billy Kidman with K-Dawg and Rey Rey
- Tie-up and a slap from Chris Adams.
- Again and an armdrag from Adams.
- Tie-up and this time the cheap right misses.
- Armdrag from Kidman, followed by a dropkick.
- A lariat sends Adams to the outside.
- Adams back in and he charges into a back body drop.
- Side headlock from Kidman.
- Adams sends him into the ropes, baseball slide from Kidman, but Adams catches him in his
own side headlock.
- Shoulderblock from Adams.
- Kidman tries a leap frog, but Adams catches him and hot shots him on the top rope.
- Adams tosses Kidman outside and follows.
- Kidman into the rail and one more time.
- Rey rolls Kidman back into the ring.
- Belly to back for two from Adams.
- Another hot shot.
- Irish whip and a sunset flip for two from Kidman.
- Shots to the gut from Kidman, but Adams just kicks him down.
- Adams tosses Kidman outside again.
- Adams grabs Kidman by the hair and hot shots him again.
- Adams up top and he hits a diving lariat for two.
- Side suplex and Adams goes up top.
- The senton splash misses.
- Kidman hits the acid drop for two.
- Kidman off the ropes, go behind into the Rydeen bomb for two.
- Whip to the corner, Kidman charges into air.
- Adams connects with the super kick.
- He covers for . . . a two count.
- Adams goes for a powerbomb.
- Yes we all know . . . you can't powerbomb Kidman.
- Kidman up top and he hits . . . a flying elbow???
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Billy Kidman via pinfall following The Shooting Star Elbow
or something to that effect.
- I wonder why he didn't do the shooting star press. Huh?
- We get another Halloween Havoc promo.
- Another Halloween Havoc promo and we come back to the talking heads discussing Harlem
Heat losing the straps to The Filthy Animals.
- Match #7 Blitzkrieg vs. Rey Misterio Jr.
- Tie-up and wristlock from Misterio.
- Blitz reverses it into a hammerlock.
- Rey snags a side headlock.
- Blitz shoves Rey into the corner and charges into a boot.
- Body scissors from Rey into an armdrag.
- Irish whip reversed by Blitz, kick to the gut followed by a back brain kick.
- Somersault senton followed by a standing moonsault for two.
- Scoop slam from Blitz and he goes up top.
- Misterio crotches him and he goes outside.
- Rey with a suicide dive, but he puts on the brakes.
- Blitz stalling on the outside.
- Rey beats on him as he comes back in.
- Irish whip reversed by Blitz into a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker.
- Reverse chinlock from Blitz.
- Blitz starts working Rey's knee.
- Blitz is dropping his whole body on Rey's knee.
- Whip into the corner and a handspring back elbow from Blitzkrieg.
- Whip to the opposite corner, Misterio moves, but Blitz flips off the turnbuckle and
lands on his feet.
- Rey pastes him with a lariat.
- Split leg moonsault for two from Rey.
- Irish whip reversed again by Blitz.
- He catches Rey in a powerbomb and covers, but the ref sees his feet on the ropes.
- Blitz argues with the ref and Rey hits a schoolboy for two.
- Blitz with a jump spinning back kick.
- Blitz whip Rey into the opposite corner.
- Float over by Rey and a punch drops Blitz.
- Ruff Rider from Rey.
- Rey sets him up and hits the top rope hurracanrana.
- 1 . . . 2 . . . 3.
- YOUR WINNER: Rey Misterio Jr. via pinfall following the Top Rope
- Good match. What else can you expect from these two?
- Main Event when we return. Actually Mean Gene plugging the hotline when we get
back, but you get the idea.
- Match #8 Dave Taylor and Steven Regal with Fit Finlay vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Erik
Watts vs. Brad and Steve with Scott Armstrong vs. Brian Knobbs and Hugh Morrus with Jimmy
- This match was really hard to follow and with the exception of when the Armstrongs or
the Brits were in the ring it wasn't that great I'll give a quick run down of what
- Basic four corners match only two men allowed in the ring at the same time. Basic
spots where partners have to fight one another blah blah blah. Would have been
better had it not been four-on-four in reality.
- The finish was huge schmoz at the end with Jimmy Hart getting pinned by Fit Finlay and
Steve Armstrong getting pinned by Hugh Morrus, simultaneously.
- YOUR WINNER: No clear winner
- Obvious setup for next week's main event.
- This show was MUCH better than last week's. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll
catch you on the flip side folks.