WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, September 4, 1999
- Well, here we are, and it's time for another edition of WCW Saturday Night.
- We open up with Tenay and Hudson hyping the Sting vs. Hogan rematch for Fall Brawl.
They also tell us that we will be seeing 4x4 make his ring debut tonight. I
can barely contain my excitement. No, really, I'm just brimming over with excitement
after that statement.
- Match #1 The Cat with Sonny Onoo vs. The Disciple
- The Cat comes down to the ring and taunts the audience. I will go ahead and make
the statement that the Cat would be a fantastic character if he got his ass kicked a
little more. He's a heel in the vein of The Honky Tonk Man, but Honky Tonk finally
got a whupping and the fans loved it. They need to do that with The Cat.
- The Cat grabs the mic and gives his normal interview. A new twist is that he will
beat whoever comes down in under 3 minutes without using any karate.
- His opponent is the Disciple and I can't continue to call this show, because I just
gouged my eyes out.
- Let us pray that the Cat makes good on his 3 minute promise here.
- Tie-up and school boy for 1 from the Cat.
- Another tie-up and a school boy for one from the Disciple.
- Cat shoves Nick Patrick and Patrick shoves him back.
- Duck under from the Cat followed by a standing switch from the Disciple into a rear
- The Disciple takes the Cat down and moves into a front chancery. (This all sounds really
impressive, but the Disciple can't wrestle out of a paper bag so it really didn't look all
- The Cat rolls outside.
- The Cat comes back in and catches the Disciple with punches and chops.
- Irish whip from the Cat, but the Disciple catches him with a knee to the gut and follows up with a jumping knee.
- Disciple goes up top and comes back with a diving lariat.
- The Cat fights back with punches.
- The Disciple is distracted by Onoo which allows the Cat to hit the Feliner.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: The Cat via pinfall following The Feliner.
- Well, it was short and if the Cat is going to be anybody it might as well be the Disciple.
- We go to commercial as the Cat does the slink in the ring.
- We come back to Mene Gene shilling the hotline. Apparently, the Hogan and Savage angle is too hot to discuss anywhere else . . . . . . . . . whatever.
- We get stills of the arrival of Berlyn.
- Match #2 Villano V vs Lash LeRoux.
- Hey Villano, the Barbarian is going to be mighty pissed when he sees that you stole his coat.
- Well, it looks like Lash will be chalking one up in the W column here.
- Lash opens up with some forearms on Villano.
- Hard whip into the corner from Lash.
- Followed by another into the opposite corner.
- Nobody is home on the corner charge and Lash bounces into an armdrag.
- Lash bounces out of that into a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker.
- Villano follows up with a kick to the gut and a bulldog.
- Lash rolls outside to catch his breath, but Villano runs off the apron for a plancha.
- Lash rolls inside and catches Villano between the ropes with a shoulder.
- Lash suplexes Villano back into the ring.
- Cover for two from Lash.
- Lash with an irish whip followed by an inverted Atomic drop.
- Rights and the Bourbon Street Blues for two from Lash.
- Lash into a reverse chin lock.
- Villano elbows his way out and hits a DDT.
- Villano comes off the ropes and misses a leg drop.
- Lash hits and elbow and covers for two.
- Lash working over Villano in the corner.
- Lash with a BIG top rope superplex.
- Lash with a whip, but Villano ducks the lariat and hits a sunset flip for two.
- Running lariat from Lash.
- Whip into the corner, but Villano jumps over Lash's charge.
- Villano with a body slam.
- Villano goes up top and hits lash with a top rope inverted roll-through DDT. (That
was the closest name I could come up with.)
- Cover for two from Villano.
- Lash with a go behind and hits his northern lights slam for two.
- Lash puts Villano up in the fireman's carry, but Villano rolls through into a sunset
flip for two.
- Lash gets Villano back up and hits the fireman's carry slam this time.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Lash LeRoux via pinfall following the fireman's carry
- Good match and a big win for Lash.
- Have they given Lash's finisher a name? If so, email the
name to me.
- We get a replay of Scotty Riggs "accidentally" nailing Scott Putski with the
cow bell in the six man tag from two weeks ago.
- Match #3 Scotty Riggs vs. Scott Putski
- Riggs grabs the make and says that he's sick and tired of second generation wrestlers
like Scott Putski thinking they are all that.
- He says that Putski has ruined the Putski name.
- Putski is out and calls Riggs a cupcake. Nice.
- Riggs Pearl Harbors Putski as soon as he accepts the match.
- Riggs is administering a clubberin(tm).
- Putski ducks a lariat and hits one of his own.
- Irish whip from Putski followed with a back body drop.
- Putski hammering away with rights on Riggs.
- Riggs reverses a whip to the corner, but misses the charge in.
- Putski follows up with a sidewalk slam.
- Riggs is trying to escape but Putski catches him and lays in with some more rights.
- Riggs with a jawbreaker and he whips Putski into the ropes.
- Putski holds on and Riggs misses the dropkick attempt.
- Putski on top of Riggs and there are some more rights.
- Riggs face first into the turnbuckle and Putski whips him into the opposite corner.
- Avalanche clothesline from Putski.
- Thumb to the eye from Riggs and a lariat.
- Riggs whips Putski into the ropes, but dips the head on the back body drop attempt.
- More rights from Putski drop Riggs to the mat.
- Putski makes the sign for the Polish Hammer.
- Putski comes off the ropes, but puts on the breaks as Riggs pulls Charles Robinson in
front of him.
- Putski spins them around, but Riggs hits the low blow.
- Riggs follows up with the Showstopper.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNER: Scotty Riggs via pinfall following the Showstopper.
- Not a bad match, but not a great match either. I didn't realize how much of a
brawl it was until I typed the word punch for like the 900th time.
- We get a Fall Brawl promo for DDP vs. Goldberg.
- They show a replay of 4x4 bear-humping er hugging Jimmy Hart and the no sell-a-thon that
followed shortly afterwards.
- Match #4 Brian Knobbs with Jimmy Hart versus 4x4.
- This will be the debut of 4x4. WCW could just come to my house and cut off a few
toes instead of having this match. I'd call it a fair trade.
- Well this can't get any worse.
- Brian Knobbs grabs a mic.
- I was wrong.
- Knobbs says that 4x4 hasn't wrestled a single person, but has only been picking on 110
pound managers. Tenay saves the whole interview by saying "110 pounds . . .
Jimmy Hart has gained weight?"
- Here comes the freak of nature 4x4.
- Knobbs hits him as soon as he hits the ring.
- Knobbs shoves 4x4 into the corner and proceeds to punch, chop, kick and do everything
else under the sun to him.
- Avalanche clothesline from Knobbs.
- 4x4 no sells all of the preceding offense.
- Knobbs goes for a scoop slam, but 4x4 isn't going.
- 4x4 takes Knobbs down with a hammer blow to the back.
- Scoop slam from 4x4.
- 4x4 sends Knobbs off of the ropes into a bear hug.
- The rest of the first family comes in to make the save.
- BA and Swoll charge in and clear the ring.
- YOUR WINNER: 4x4 via disqualification.
- Well it was short, but I still say that I wouldn't have missed those toes.
- We come back from commercial to Hudson and Tenay discussing the Luger\Sting\Hogan love
triangle or something. We get some stills of this and the Hogan\Goldberg tag match
plus Sting in his new role as the star of dinner mystery theater.
- Match #5 The Texas Outlaws vs. Barry and Kendall Windham for the WCW Tag Team
- Well it looks like the Texas Hangmen have gotten a makeover into the less controversial
- Well, I needed a break after their entrance, so I'm glad we went to commercial.
- We're back and here come the tag champs.
- Kendall and Outlaw1 are going to start things off.
- Tie-up and an arm drag from the Outlaw.
- He follows that with a hip toss and another arm drag.
- Irish whip, but Outlaw1 dips his head and eats some boot.
- Kendall reverses a hip toss attempt and sends Outlaw1 outside with a Yakuza kick.
- Another Yakuza kick sends Outlaw2 outside as well.
- Kendall follows and Outlaw1 gets blind-sided by Barry as he tries to escape.
- Outlaw1 is rolled back into the ring and Kendall hits a diving lariat for two.
- Barry Windham tags in and hits a scoop slam.
- Outlaw1 is trying to fight back, but Barry stops that with a rake to the eyes.
- Outlaw into the ropes and back body drop from Barry.
- Vertical suplex from Barry for two.
- Kendall tags in and they hit Outlaw1 with a double clothesline.
- Knee drop from Kendall for two.
- Snapmare from Kendall and another knee drop.
- Belly to back suplex from Kendall.
- Kendall hits Outlaw2 on the outside. The ref pushes Kendall back over to his
- While this is going on Outlaw2 rolls Outlaw1 out of the ring and takes his place.
- Kendall picks Outlaw2 up for a scoop slam, but Outlaw2 gets a small package for two.
- Kendall goes down to a back elbow.
- Barry comes in and gets met with a kick followed by a back elbow.
- Outlaw1 comes back in and he and Barry brawl to the floor.
- Outlaw2 is continuing to work over Kendall in the ring.
- Outside Barry is getting the better of Outlaw1.
- Back in the ring you see Outlaw2 hit a big shoulder toss on Kendall.
- Outlaw2 goes to play to the crows as Barry sneaks one of the tag belts to Kendall.
- Kendall waffles Outlaw2 with the belt and covers.
- 1 . . .2 . . .3.
- YOUR WINNERS: Barry and Kendall Windham via pinfall following a belt to
- Barry and Kendall start to beat on the Outlaws, but are run out of the ring by Harlem
- Booker T challenges Barry and Kendall to a match right now if they can dig it.
- Stevie Ray calls them a couple of Fruit Booties and something else that gets bleeped
- Barry and Kendall tease like they are coming to the ring, but then head on to the back.
- The Patron Saint of DDT Digest makes some more great faces as we fade to black.
- Well, the show was shorter than last week, but it seems to me that they cut the good
matches and kept the crummy ones. The only match that really stuck with me after the
show was the Lash LeRoux match and that was still pretty short. Oh well, you can't
win them all. I'm sure I will be praying for a show of this quality after my 7
millionth Fall Brawl promo next week.
- Have a good one folks.