- Trivia Question: When Terry Funk was in the WWF, he teamed with his brother Dory and another "brother". What were Terry's two WWF brothers known as, and who was really under the mask as the second brother? (answer at the end of the report)
- The mailbag:
- The real T-Bone writes:
Quick silly thought for you, I work at a 7-11 store and we have little computer screens on the registers. One of the buttons says "NO SALE". Well, whenever I press it, I think of Lex Luger.
- Mark B. writes:
Boy, that sure is a nasty scar Dean got from his surgery...
- I need you guys to help me out. I'm sure a number of you have already seen the great pro wrestling FAQ by Scott Keith (aka The Netcop from Wrestlemaniacs).
As you might expect, he has a short section on the "Dr. D." David Schultz incident on 20/20. John Stossel was doing an exposť on pro wrestling and he called Schultz a fake. Schultz boxed Stossel's ears and wound up getting sued (see the FAQ for the complete story).
Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning all this is that Scott's write-up notes that Schultz was blacklisted because of that incident, and he never got work wrestling professionally again. Ever since I saw that, it's been bugging the heck out of me, since I remember seeing a blurb in Pro Wrestling Illustrated a number of years ago about David Schultz becoming a fan favorite. Now, I didn't even know who David Schultz was until the 20/20 incident, so I figure that blurb was sometime afterwards, implying that he did wrestle sometime after hitting Stossel.
So, if you happen to have any proof or first-hand recollections of Schultz wrestling professionally after the incident, please pass them along to me and I'll forward them to Scott Keith to update the FAQ.
Sorry, but I'm a stickler for accurate history.
- Regarding the PPV, at first I found it surprising that WCW would rehire Sid given his checkered past. However, I thought about it and I figured what with the ratings down, morale must be down and they need a boost.
From what I've heard, after the show when the guys get back to the hotel, Sid's a real cut up.
- If you watched Monday night or checked out Wade's report, you know
Sable Rena Mero showed up in the crowd at Nitro. Since, presumably, she is still under contract to the WWF, I'm guessing she was "just another face in the crowd" and wasn't getting paid for the appearance.
I guess it's natural to speculate that she might be showing up in WCW soon. My opinion? By comparison, she'll make Bret Hart's WCW career look like a raging success. The WWF made Sable, Rena Mero didn't. After about a month, no one will care about her in WCW.
- There's a new poll on the main page. (Came up with this one myself.)
- Trivia Answer: Dory was known as Hoss Funk, and Jesse Barr was under a mask as Jimmy Jack Funk.