- Trivia Question: When Owen Hart was regularly tag teaming with Koko B. Ware, what was the team's name? (answer at the end of the report)
- As you have probably heard, Owen Hart died in a tragic accident during a flying entrance as the Blue Blazer at Sunday's PPV. It's not yet known exactly what went wrong in the set up, and an investigation is ongoing. A terrible thing, he was a very young man and my condolences go out to his family, his friends, and his fans.
I never followed his career that closely, although I do have a few memories I will carry with me. A couple years ago, when he was first a full-fledged heel, I remember reading a feature in WWF Magazine asking the superstars how they spend their time away from the ring. Owen Hart's response was something on the order of "My family and I get on our bikes and go down to the lake and go and push all the other families off the bike path." That stuck with me because for some reason the whole idea of a heel wrestler having a heel family pushing other families around in a park painted such a funny picture in my mind.
Also, back in 1988, before I even knew who the Blue Blazer was, I dressed up as a masked wrestler for Halloween, and the mask and the outfit happened to be all in blue. People kept telling me I looked like the Blue Blazer and I had no idea what they were talking about. Then, the following May, I went to a live show at the D.C. Armory and got to see the Blue Blazer for the first time, having no idea who was under the mask. I think it was the only time I've only been fortunate enough to see Owen Hart wrestle live. I remember being extremely impressed that night.
Anyway, again, a terrible thing, and I wish all his loved ones, the ones who loved him, and the people, especially the children, at the arena who witnessed the tragedy, the best getting through this.
- The mailbag:
- Philip A. writes:
I just wanted to let someone know this: A few weeks ago I was at a party and one of my friends (Sam) fell asleep sitting on a couch. I gradually moved over to him and put him in the figure-four. Needless to say he woke up.
What is my point? Those that saw me put Sam in the figure-four all agreed that ten seconds of action was worked better than a David Flair match!
- For whatever it's worth, for the record, I thought Owen Hart had never wrestled for WCW. However, in Mark Madden's tribute to Owen Hart, he noted that Owen had wrestled some matches for WCW in 1990. News to me.
- Where the heck is Norman Smiley these days? Granted, he's only been "missing" for about a month, but it's like he's completely vanished. I don't remember hearing anything about an injury or contract dispute. Kinda' weird.
- If you haven't seen the results from the Brian Pillman Memorial Show, click here for the results.Thanks to "chica" for sending in the link to her results.
- Er, that's it. Sorry, but you know how it is this week.
- Times change. Great TV doesn't.
- There's a new poll on the main page.
- And always remember, there's a little bit of The Blue Blazer in all of us.
- Trivia Answer: High Energy.