- Trivia Question: When Ricky Steamboat came to the ring for his first round match in the Wrestlemania IV World Heavyweight Title tournament against Greg Valentine, he brought two people with him. Who were they? (answer at the end of the report)
- The mailbag:
- Dan from Ohio State University:
Last week's poll has a flaw. Why can't I have two entries? When I watch Live Bait, I'll be getting hair gel on my left ear.
- D-Skillz notices a trend:
Make it official, Stevie Ray is the official mascot of ddtdigest.com.
"Fruit Booty" has to be the official catchphrase as well. I have a story about how Stevie Ray fever is spreading across the nation. I was playing WCW Revenge with my 9 year old nephew and we reformed Harlem Heat to go up against Raven and Saturn. Well, I tagged him in after I beat the hell out of Raven with Booker T. My nephew was Stevie Ray and got a few punches off on Raven and says, "I'm gonna beat your Fruity Booty!!" Now if that isn't proof that Stevie Ray is "da man" in the WCW, nothing is.
- Jwam has updated the A through P tribute pages. Speaking of the tribute pages, The Masked Historian has asked that anyone who goes to NWA live events, or watches any NWA shows (especially NWA Worldwide and Ohio Valley Wrestling, but any NWA TV report will be gratefully welcomed) send the results to him.
- Man, watching Piper telling those 'jokes' in the ring on Nitro was painful. The only thing I can compare it to was watching that vice-presidential debate in 1992 with Dan Quayle, Al Gore and Admiral Stockdale. You had to see it to really appreciate how brutal it was. Stockdale was dying on that podium, with millions of people watching him fail miserably.
Piper on Monday night was similar...it was just like a train wreck, you want to turn away but can't...well, at least I couldn't, although it seems the rest of the country switched to RAW.
Bad as it was, I still think Piper's Family was worse.
- This is only marginally wrestling-related, and is only of interest if you are familiar with Poughkeepsie, NY. The ECW PPV on Sunday was in the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, NY. I was reading Dave Scherer's (I think) report on 1wrestling.com about the show. He had never been to Poughkeepsie before, and he noted that on the road into town, he felt like he saw one of every store in the world. Anyone who lives or grew up in the area (like me) can tell you he came up Route 9 from the south.
- This is not wrestling-related at all, but whenever I find something on the Internet that knocks me for a loop, I pass it along.
For some odd reason, I went out looking for an MPG of when Bill Gates got hit in the face with a pie. As you might expect, a search on +"bill gates" +pie +face turned up 13,048 matches on Altavista. However, the thing that shocked me is that there actually is (or, it seems, was) a webring just for sites about throwing pies at Bill Gates. Freaky.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here for one of the best of the 13,048.
- Times change. Great TV doesn't.
- There's a new poll on the main page.
- Trivia Answer: His wife and baby son. No Jay Leno...no Will Sasso...no Dennis Rodman.