The Midnight Express, circa 1988
- Trivia Question: When Brutus Beefcake was a headliner in the WWF, he was billed as hailing from Parts Unknown. However, when he first appeared in the WWF, he hailed from somewhere else. Where was it? (answer at the end of the report)
- The mailbag:
- Chris writes:
After reading about that other guy's adventure buying WCW Hot Wheels, I had to send this in. For Christmas this year, my sister told me she had a surprise present for me that had something to do with my favorite wrestler, and it turned out to be a LA PARKA car!!
The other guy didn't mention it, but they did make a La Parka car, and they list his Signature Maneuver as a "Chair to the head".
- From Ryan L. from Harrison Township, MI, and Cambridge, MA:
I've been reading your page for quite some time, but since I'm not a
serious wrestling fan, I never had reason to write. I am a student at
MIT in Cambridge, MA. Last week there was a speech by the author of
"The Physics of Star Trek," and being a Trekker, I decided to go. The
author was introduced by a professor in the MIT Writing and Humanistic
Studies Department. Imagine my surprise when I was channel surfing
today and found this same professor providing commentary on the "Bret
Hart got double-crossed" special on A&E. What a strange world!
- Don't worry. I will be doing the bracketing for the U.S. Title tournament. I may not get the chance to do it until the tournament is over, but I'll eventually post something.
- In case you are interested, WCW has already posted their July and August show schedules on their website.
- Keep sending those house show reports. I have a couple that I still have to post (the 1/27 Telemundo taping, Beachbrawl, the Toledo WCWSN tapings, Milwaukee, Biloxi), but I didn't get a chance before going out of town.
- Don't forget, if you'll be in the Eden, NC area on Thursday afternoon, Arn Anderson will be signing autographs. See his official homepage for more details.
- Sorry for the short report, but I've got a ton of stuff to do tonight before I leave town. See you next week.
- Trivia Answer: San Francisco, California