Mason L. sends the following arena report:
Penzer gave a monologue that is probably driven into his head by now...just told us the basics. No lasers, throwing objects...etc...gave us the run down of the card -- Penzer announced Bret Hart would fight "The man he put out of action weeks ago..." no not Sting...Booker T...The crowd did not like that at all.
Wild Cat Willie came out to 'hype' the crowd,, they booed him..man that guy must feel like a loser.
The announcers came out...there was an actual big 'Larry' chant, but Larry didn't stand up, much to the dismay of the crowd.
After Penzer countdowns, a couple of 'Big Screen Dramas' we finally get a pyro and the beginning of Nitro.
Disco v. Al Green
- Penzer murmured Al Green's name, so up until I read yall's Nitro report, did I know it was Al Green. Green looks pretty impressive, he is pretty big.
- Back and forth, and Disco gets the quick win via Chartbuster.
Great, more big screen drama. This time we get back to back ones.
This inspired me to get a drink, just the time that Bam Bam comes out. I missed his whole thing due to incest worker lady working the concessions.
Penzer says that the Nitro Girls will come out for a special interview...No Nitro Girls..Mean Gene is in the ring and calls out Ric Flair instead.
- I was in the upper balconly, and I saw Ric Flair's face go from natural color to Smoker's Cough red in a matter of seconds. This man needs help.
- Flair declares the main event, Hogan/2 NWOers v. Flair, Benoit, Mongo
- The crowd went NUTS for this
Scott Hall and Disco comes to the ring w/ a ladder
- Hall does his Hey Yo--gets a big pop.
- Says he is better looking than 10 movie stars...says he is the king of ladder matches..
- I look down one row, and two dorks are filming this on handycams...It then spurred me to yell ILLEGAL really loud much to the delight of my friends.
- Little did we know...this match was gonna happen now..
- My friend then looked at his watch..7:50 central time...just in time for pepple at home to KEEP watching Nitro and not flip to Raw...
Scott Hall w/ Disco v. Bam Bam
During this commerical break, Penzer points out the Herschel Walker, and Chuck Norris are at ringside.
- Some ECW-esque spots in the match, pretty sweet
- During the first commerical break, both wrestlers just laid there...That's what WCW gets when they book a drunk and a fatass in the same match
- Disco runs from the back (he was booted by the official) and hands Hall a tazer after Bam Bam gets the original one down from the ladder.
- This part reminded me of some knock off Star Wars film. Before Disco could get to the back, Goldberg came out and speared him...everyone went crazy...
- Goldberg came to the ring, cleared house, no-sold a tazer shot from Hall and celebrated.
- Whoopty Doo
Midcarders come out surrounding the ring, led by that great guy, Van Hammer.
The mid-carders I think were out of character, or drunk. Silver King suffered a case of ADD and could not stand still. I was hoping a big Lucha fight would break out..no dice..
Meng/Barbarian v. Fit Finlay/Dave Taylor
- Solid match, Meng didn't sell, threw some stiff chops..
- Barbarian nearly dropped Finlay/Taylor (can't remember which one) on his head before he lunged them back up for the powerbomb
Smiley v. Saturn
Bret Hart v. Booker T
- Smiley is gay. 'Nuff Said.
- The DVD looks good live.
- Smiley got a big pop for his SMBU dance
- Bret comes out to new music
- Booker comes out to his flames
- I was in the upper balcony, and I felt the heat from his flames..
- LONG match...Bret Hart did the figure-four twice. Same result twice. Boring.
- Hart wins in a crappy ending when the ref gets distracted and Hart nails Booker with his US Title belt
Norton v. Goldberg
- Already? Its only 9:15!!
- Norton comes out to the original nWo music..
- The light idiots gave this match away when they practiced the nWo graphic before the cameras went back on the air...
- Norton is a hoss! He is huge!!
- The Goldberg chants erupt..
- Goldberg breathes smoke, stands in the pyros.....
- After small offensives from Norton, Goldberg...spear, jackhammer, splat.
- nWo B-Team raids the ring, Goldberg gets help from Jean Claude Van Damme, Bret Hull, Chuck Norris and Herschel Walker...
- Actually, Goldberg cleared the ring, nWo B-Team teased them coming back in, and thats when the celebs "protected" Goldberg...
Big Poppa Pump invades the announcers booth, we can't hear what he is saying..
Hogan, Steiner, Nash v. Flair, Benoit, McMichael
an A LLLOONG commercial break
- Buffer is out
- Nash gives his sphiel
- Then Steiner (My favorite WCW wrestler)
- Then Hog
Horsemen come out
- They played Wolfpack music throughout
- Nash did some funny stretches
- This match was basically a brawl through the whole thing
- I couldn't tell when the commercials stopped or begun...Benoit took the butt of the punishment..
- Big pops for Flair...A small "We want Flair" chant broke out
The 'lumberjack' jobbers came out when nWo came out, it was basically a battle royal..Goldberg came out, speared, etc..
When the show went off the air.. Goldberg continued to dominate until everyone went to the back. Mysterio and Psychosis stayed after and gaves hi-fives and stuff...
Pretty cool show...
- Norman Smiley's SMBU dance
My friend hung out backstage and got several autographs..
DDP was in the house, but did not come out, my friend got a pic and autograph from him...Jericho was also backstage...