WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, 11/07/98
WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, 11/07/98
Just call him 'Hole in One' Darsow...because he never misses
- Welcome to Saturday Night! Tonight's main event is Lex Luger vs. Giant,
a rematch from last Monday.
- There's a third time for everything: Mailbag!
- From LaParka020:
I am really starting to enjoy Barry Darsow. I was sad when my favorite jobber
(besides Lenny Lane) got hit with a golfclub but this whole thing with Barry
Darsow and a golfer gimmick makes me wanna get in the ring and hit Horowitz
with a club too. Hopefully they're gonna test out his gimmick on Nitro. And
my prediction for next year's GAB is: Barry Darsow/Tiger Woods vs. Hollywood
Hogan/The Cat. All four guys have something in common. They can't wrestle (No
offense, Darsow), and their finishers are all pathetic (Barely Legal is cool but
it's stupid, and Woods would be hitting a golf ball).
- Tokyo Magnum vs. Konnan
- Konnan quickly takes control with a clothesline.
- Konnan continues with a dropkick.
- Tokyo fires back with a dropkick and a bulldog.
- Konnan counters with another clothesline.
- Konnan lands a powerbomb for two.
- Tokyo misses a dropkick, allowing Konnan to land a bulldog.
- Konnan sets up with finisher with a dropkick and a face slam to the canvas.
- Konnan wins with the Tequila Sunrise
- Scott and Mike ramble.
- Barry Horowitz vs. Scott Norton (w/ Vincent)
- Norton controls the entire match.
- Any shots Horowitz gets in, Norton no-sells.
- Vincent gets in his shot, of course.
- Slam by Norton as he signals for the end.
- Horowitz lands a jawbreaker, but Norton is dazed only for a second.
- Norton lands a powerbomb for the win.
- A nice history of World War III airs
- Johnny Swinger vs. Barry Darsow
- Darsow comes out again with his putting green and bag.
- Darsow grabs the mic.
- Darsow says "they call me Hole-In-One Darsow because I never miss."
- The crowd boos, so Darsow holds up a "Q U I E T Please" sign.
- Darsow gets the ref to hold up the sign.
- Darsow offers Swinger the same deal as he offered Horowitz last week: make a putt,
and he wins.
- Swinger sets up and swings.
- He pushes it right, but he never had a chance since it hit a fold in the
- Swinger gets a second chance.
- This one looks good, but again it stops when it hits a fold in the putting
- Swinger claims something is wrong with the ball.
- Darsow is upset that he's accused of being a cheat, and as Swinger bends over to pick up the ball, Darsow kicks Swinger in
- Darsow tries to kick the golf ball in the hole, then walks off.
- Gene chats with Eddie Guerrero and his new bodyguard about Rey Mysterio
- Hotline plug
- El Dandy vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr.
- Mysterio starts off with an armdrag.
- El Dandy tries three times to nail Mysterio, but Rey counters with an
armdrag each time.
- Rey continues with a drop toe hold and headscissors.
- El Dandy takes over, slamming Mysterio to the mat.
- El Dandy delivers a boot to the face and lands a bulldog.
- Dandy continues with a powerslam and a bodyslam.
- Mysterio comes back with a springboard crossbody.
- Mysterio lands flying headscissors and sends El Dandy outside.
- Mysterio executes a suicide dive.
- El Dandy gets up and sends Rey into the steps.
- Back in, Dandy charges into the post.
- Mysterio performs a Top Rope Frankensteiner, but El Dandy hits out at two!
- The LWO runs in, DQing El Dandy.
- Eddie tells the LWO stop beating on Rey, then asks him to join.
- Rey walks off.
- This Week in WCW Motorsports
- Nitro highlights
- Jerry Flynn vs. Steve Armstrong
- Steve Armstrong is wearing his Young Pistols tights.
- Flynn controls early with kicks.
- Armstrong lands a dropkick to control briefly.
- Flynn comes with a clothesline and more kicks.
- Armstong gains control again and climb the top turnbuckle.
- Flynn grabs Steve and hip tosses down onto the mat.
- Flynn applies a cross armbreaker for the win.
- Snickers On The Road Report
- Lodi vs. Johnny Boone
- Lodi comes out to Horshu's old music.
- Lodi signs: "Smile... Lodi's Back!!!" "Don't Squeeze the Charmin!" "If
You Can Read This, Hug a Lodi!" and "Lodi Has 21 Inch Sideburns"
- Lodi controls initially.
- Boone takes over, dominating most of the match.
- Lodi grabs an illegal object.
- Boone tries a belly-to-back suplex but Lodi flips out, possibly because the belly-to-back was from the wrong side for Lodi to nail him with the object.
- On the second attempt, from the other side, Lodi nails Boone with the object to win.
- Nitro highlights
- Lenny Lane vs. Glacier
- Hudson is excited about Glacier's return to Saturday Night.
- The duration of Glacier's entrances still exceed the length of his matches.
- Glacier dominates with martial arts moves.
- Glacier lands the Cryonic Kick.
- Glacier applies the Cobra Clutch for the win.
- Mean Gene interviews Saturn about his wardrobe and the TV Title
- Kaz Hayashi vs. Juventud Guerrera
- Juvy starts things off with flying headscissors.
- Kaz lands a belly-to-belly suplex.
- Juvy fires back with a suplex.
- Kaz counters with a bodyslam.
- Kaz misses a backdrop, allowing Juvy to execute a neckbreaker over the top
- Juvy lands a top rope huricanrana.
- Juvy reverses Kaz's powerbomb attempt into a DDT.
- Kaz executes flying headscissors of his own.
- Juvy rolls through and pins Hayashi.
- Sonny Onoo looks on at ringside.
- Scott Hall (w/ Vincent, Stevie Ray, Scott Norton, and Horace) vs. Mike
- Hall takes a little survey.
- Hall flings his toothpick at Sullivan.
- Sullivan responds by taking Hall down.
- Hall gets up and kicks Sullivan around.
- The nWo helps out, each getting a shot in.
- Hall throws Sullivan outside, where Norton pounds on him.
- Back in, Hall lands a fallaway slam.
- Hall executes the Razor's Edge for the win.
- Giant vs. Lex Luger
- The Giant starts off by pummeling Luger in the turnbuckles.
- Lex fires back, landing several rights hands.
- Lex whips Giant to the opposite corner and continues the assault.
- Giant gets things back in his favor with a strong clothesline.
- Giant continues with kicks and right hands.
- Lex comes alive with a lariat, but the Giant doesn't fall.
- After two more clotheslines, the Giant still stands.
- Finally Lex lands a clothesline off the middle turnbuckle to send Giant down.
- Lex lands an elbow, sending the Giant outside.
- Horace runs in and Luger racks him.
- Scott Hall runs in and gets racked.
- All during this, the ref's back is to the action and he is counting the Giant out.
- The ref calls for the bell as the Giant steps back in the ring.
- Luger flees to the outside.
- Luger is your winner by countout or DQ.