WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, 10/31/98
WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, 10/31/98
The eye has it!
- Welcome to the Halloween edition of WCW Saturday Night! Tonight's main
event is Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho. Combine that a classic Barry
Darsow segment and a couple of more surprises, and we've got a good show
- Steve Armstrong vs. La Parka
- La Parka makes an appropriate Halloween appearance.
- La Parka gives Mickey Jay a shove at the beginning, and Mickey Jay
- La Parka gets to work with a few punches followed by a lariat.
- Armstrong fires back with a dropkick and two hip tosses.
- Armstrong delivers a boot to the face, then lands a missle drop kick
from the top.
- Armstrong loses control by charging into the turnbuckle.
- La Parka drop kicks Steve out of the ring.
- La Parka lands a top rope plancha outside.
- La Parka sends Armstrong into the step, then tosses him back in.
- La Parka continues with a slam, elbow, and boot to the face.
- La Parka gets angry after several close pin attempts.
- After flying into the corner, La Parka is flattened by a lariat.
- Armstrong lands a lariat from the top rope, but only gets a pin for two.
- Armstrong accidentally dazes Jay with a right hand.
- La Parka takes advantage with a chair shot.
- Jay is revived and makes the three count.
- La Parka is your winner.
- The LWO comes out to celebrate.
- Eddie Guerrero grabs the mike.
- To avenge last week's defeat of Psychosis (plot development on the
Muthaship!) Eddie wants Jericho in the ring tonight.
- Eddie lets Bischoff know again what he can kiss.
- Scott and Mike ramble
- Hammer vs. Trevor Blanchard
- Hammer begins with a hip toss and an elbow.
- Hammer executes his old finisher, the Cobra Clutch Slam, onto Blanchard.
- Hammer blocks a suplex attempt, then delivers a long vertical suplex of his own.
- When Hammer misses a boot in the corner, he yells out, "Oh, bummer!"
- Blanchard controls for a bit, landing a swinger neckbreaker.
- Hammer takes over with a choke slam from the top turnbuckle, more or less.
- After landing a powerslam, Hammer yells out "Done!"
- Hammer lands the Flashback for the win.
- Halloween Havoc highlights. Hudson incorrectly says Hogan and the Warrior
first met in 1980, instead of 1990.
- Scott Armstrong vs. Lodi
- Wow, both Scott and Steve get to job tonight in singles action.
- Lodi signs: "Saturdays Were Made For Lodi," "What's Wrong With Raven,"
"Saturday Nights Need More Flockage," "Lodi Rulz," and "Lodi 4 Hire."
- Lodi begins with a side headlock and an armbar.
- Scott counters with a hip toss.
- Scott reverses Lodi's piledriver attempt into a back drop.
- Scott rams Lodi from corner to corner.
- Scott continues with a scoop slam and punches in the corner.
- Lodi grabs control with an eye rake.
- Armstrong recovers and lands a drop kick.
- Lodi reaches into his tights and grabs an object.
- Lodi nails Armstrong, then covers for the win.
- Afterwards, Lodi makes sure the ref raises the hand without the object.
- Nitro highlights
- Gene's hotline has info on the Anvil and Bulldog
- Sonny Onoo vs. Kaz Hayashi
- Sonny Onoo comes out in a big, white jumpsuit.
- In the middle of the ring, Sonny practices a few moves.
- In Japanese, Sonny calls out Kaz Hayashi.
- Kaz enters and Onoo heads outside.
- Onoo, after much hesistation, enters the ring.
- Onoo demands that Kaz be searched for objects.
- Mickey Jay searches him.
- Mickey Jay asks Sonny to take off the sunglasses, and he complies.
- Mickey Jay then searches Sonny.
- The Cat enters and delivers a kick to the back of Kaz's head, then
- Sonny walks over and steps on Kaz for the pin.
- Sonny Onoo gets the win!
- WCW Motorsports
- Darsow's incident from two weeks ago is replayed.
- Barry Horowitz vs. Barry Darsow
- Darsow comes out with his golf gear and a portable putting green.
- Darsow sets up the green, which is a narrow, ten-foot strip with a hole
at the end.
- Darsow gets in the ring and grabs the mike.
- Darsow tells the fans to "be quiet, I'm losing my concentration!"
- Darsow tells Horowitz that everyone knows he couldn't beat Darsow.
- So, he offers to let Horowitz win if he can make a putt.
- Horowitz grabs a putter and sets up. I never thought I would see
Barry Horowitz in wrestling gear in a wrestling ring concentrating on a golf
- Horowitz complains that he is left-handed and the putter is for right-
- Darsow tells him that he should have known to bring a left-handed putter
and calls him a moron.
- Horowitz sets up again. Horowitz lifts one hand and pats himself on the
back for support!
- Finally the swing: Horowitz pulls it left.
- Horowitz yells in frustration that he wants Darsow to make the putt.
- Darsow lines up, analyzing the putt from every angle.
- Darsow then nails Horowitz with the putter.
- Darsow takes another swing, breaking the putter of Horowitz's back.
- Darsow then picks up the golf ball and slams it in to win the game.
- Darsow leaves the ring and celebrates.
- Horowitz is your winner by DQ.
- Fantastic segment.
- Snickers On The Road Report
- More Havoc and Nitro recaps
- Mike Sanders vs. Al Greene
- Sanders gets an intro, but Greene doesn't.
- Greene starts off with a shoulderblock.
- Sanders fires back with a hip toss and a scoop slam.
- Another hip toss by Mike followed by uppercuts.
- Al lands a splash in the corner and a short arm clothesline.
- Sanders counters with a slam.
- Sanders tries a springboard crossbody, but Greene catches Sanders in
mid-air, powerslamming him.
- Al lands a boot and a double underhook suplex.
- Al gets the pin!
- That was a very rare case where a guy who didn't get any intro beat the
guy who did.
- Nitro Girls promo
- More Havoc highlights
- Mean Mike vs. Jerry Flynn
- Flynn starts off with a hip toss and several kicks.
- Mike gets in a boot, but Flynn levels him with a front kick.
- Mike regains control with a back elbow.
- Mike lands a shoulderblock from the top rope.
- Flynn kicks out of the pin attempt.
- Flynn then applies a cross armbreaker for the submission win.
- Another hotline plug.
- Chip Minton vs. Lenny Lane
- Minton is a former Olympic bobsledder.
- Minton starts off with three quick hip tosses.
- Lane briefly controls, but Minton fires back with a drop kick.
- Lane rams Minton into the turnbuckles.
- Lane then delivers the People's Legdrop, complete with pulling down
his knee brace and the Razor's Edge signal.
- Minton recovers, sending Lane outside.
- Back inside, Lane misses a charge into the turnbuckles.
- Minton delivers a lariat and lands a standing splash.
- Minton then gets the pin! That's a minor upset!
- More PPV highlights
- Chavo Guerrero (w/ Pepe) vs. Ciclope
- Of course, Ciclope must make a Halloween appearance.
- Ciclope flys into the corner "Bischoff first," as Hudson now puts it.
- Chavo threatens a haymaker, stops and thinks about it, and then just like Roddy Piper, pokes Ciclope in the eye. Only Chavo pokes the eye on the mask!
- Guerrero executes monkey flip, then sends Ciclope outside with a drop
- Back inside, Chavo continues with a shoulderblock.
- Ciclope comes back with a back kick.
- Chavo sends Ciclope out with a backdrop, then lands a flying
- Back in, Chavo puts Ciclope on the turnbuckles and hip tosses him off.
- Ciclope manages to execute a spinebuster on Chavo.
- Chavo reverses a turnbuckle move into the Tornado DDT for the win.
- Thunder highlights
- Eddie Guerrero vs. WCW TV Champ Chris Jericho
- Guerrero starts off with a shoulderblock.
- Eddie applies an armbar.
- Jericho reverses it into his own armbar.
- Jericho lands a hip toss, but Eddie takes Jericho down with a scissors
- Arm drag by Eddie, who applies a side headlock.
- Eddie pulls Jericho's hair to keep it applied.
- Jericho lands a belly-to-back suplex.
- Guerrero rakes Jericho's eyes, then flattens him with a clothesline.
- Slingshot by Eddie into a diving headbutt.
- Eddie continues with a suplex.
- After a low blow, Jericho suplexes Eddie.
- Eddie tries to suplex Jericho, but Chris reverses it into a front suplex.
- Jericho's bridge pin attempt gets only two.
- Eddie takes over with flying headscissors.
- Eddie tries a huricanrana, but can't complete it, leaving him in the
- Eddie grabs the bottom cable to escape.
- Eddie jumps onto the top rope, then executes completely a huricanrana
- After kicking out of a pin, Jericho sets outside and walks away.
- Jericho backs into the LWO, who are walking down the aisle.
- They proceed to beat Jericho.
- Jericho is counted out at the 5:24 mark.
- The LWO throws Chris back in.
- Eddie delivers a Frog Splash.
- Hector Garza counts to three.
- Eddie and the LWO rejoice over a fallen Jericho as we go.