Vinnie Vegas (aka Kevin Nash), circa 1992
- Trivia Question: When Hulk Hogan was enjoying his first WWF World Heavyweight Title reign, what was unique about the championship belt he wore?
- The mailbag:
- Philip A. checks in with the following:
Hello, Bill, it is I, the disciple of Sid Vicious. You must not like me because my favorite wrestler and your favorite wrestler tried to kill each other. Sorry. I just wanted to let you know that Arn Anderson is a bad MF. I just watched Slamboree '95 last night and Arn's match with Alex Wright was awesome. At the end, when Arn fakes a punch, Alex ducks and Arn DDTs the s**t out of him, I almost wept it was so awesome.
- I rag on Hogan a lot, but I gotta' admit that the bit with Horace on Nitro was halfway decent. That was a wicked chair shot he gave his nephew, and that was a serious pool of blood on the mat. But, I don't know about you, but I saw the turn on Horace coming 1,000 miles away. Does anybody else remember the exact same thing happening to Ed Leslie about two years ago?
- Speaking of Hogan, I also thought that the angle with him and Warrior made the right turn last night. I've never really understood the whole deal with Warrior pursuing Hogan. It doesn't make sense...Warrior would only be pursuing Hogan if Hogan won their first encounter. Hogan should be pursuing Warrior, in a heelish way of course. Hogan should be wanting to get revenge, like last night.
- For any of you who regularly visit the tributes page, I need to give a shout out to Jason K. from University of South Florida. The tributes page started out something like a year ago, with a few links maintained by me. Since that time, Jason has been sending me regular updates to the page (as well as the official links page), both new links and dead links to be removed. At least 80% of the links that are on the page are there due to the some 20 updates he sends me a week.
- Regarding the WebTV commercial with William Shatner that I mentioned in my last report, the movie that is playing in the lower right-hand corner is one of the greatest/worst B-movies of all time, Kingdom of the Spiders. If you've never seen it, and enjoy 1970s horror films, it's a must-see. The only movie of Shatner's that was worse was The Devil's Rain. However, if they had shown that, I'd probably be one of only about two people that would recognize it.
- I'm not one for making a big deal out of birthdays and anniversaries. As such, it totally slipped my mind that last week was the two-year anniversary of DDT Digest being online. I'm not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things, but I guess it implies some type of relative longevity.
- Trivia Answer: The belt had the name of every previous WWF World Heavyweight Champion embossed on the sides, with the start and end date of their reign (except Antonio Inoki who had a one-week reign in late 1979 that was not acknowledged in the U.S.)