WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 4/11/98
- La Parka's getting a push! The Cubs are good! I've got a
four day weekend, with no roommate! Could my life get any
- I think WCW missed the boat with this Psychosis (finally
spelling the name right) vs La Parka feud...I mean, the
Chairman should be the good guy here. How can you not
root for a guy who's gimmick is just hitting people with
chairs, for no reason at all. And he dances.
- I really really really hope that does not lead to
Parka joining the Flock...
- Speaking of the Flock, I forget who said
it, but on the Internet version of Monday
Nitro, someone spilled the beans that
Lodi's tag team partner in the indies,
Toad, would be joining the Flock. But
hey, it might have been Madden, so I
could be wrong...
- Oh my God, did anyone else see the Montreal/Cubs game
Friday night? To give a wrestling analogy, the Cubs were
Goldberg and the 'pos were Kidman. It was
incredible...they might be for real this year, and their
best prospect is just now coming up...
- About Flair...Missed weather, NOT! If you haven't heard,
the rumor Ric had asked for that Thursday off several weeks in
advance. The story I've heard that his son was at an
amateur wrestling competion. What's more is that he's
been backstage, willing to go on, every Nitro and Thunder
the last few weeks, but WCW said they didn't have an
angle ready. What's even more is the account of the story
I've heard claims that Flair only found out about being
on Thunder while he was backstage, watching Nitro!
- Dang, if I was Flair, I'd want to do the same
thing, just not show up...but I don't know if I'd
have the guts to.
- Flair, Monday Nitro, lots of ratings, horseman?,
title shot?, retirement?
- You know, I did get a letter this week, asking when and
where WCW Worldwide comes on for me. I was going to tell
them I watch it on Ch. 50 in Chicago at 10 am, but noticing
that he was in the EST, that wouldn't help. I could
refer him to the listing on the WCW wrestling
page, but that listing hasn't been updated in two years!
So, I thought I'd see if I could use this page to help
others out by making a list of when Worldwide is on now.
But, I need help, as usual. If you do get Worldwide,
could you send me your location, the time it comes on and
the date. I'll try to compile a list or something and
we'll see how it goes...
- Giant over John Nord by chokeslam
- This match may have lasted a
- Interview - Lee Marshall with Booker T about Benoit and
TV Title Match
- Booker T's wearing a white buttoned shirt and
tie...and the TV Belt. That outfit would fit well
with the Four Horseman, ya think? =)
- Booker T says he respects Benoit, but he doesn't
trust him. See, he trusted another Canadian a
while back and that didn't turn out too well.
- BTW, I read on the Slam Wrestling site
that Rick Martel thinks he's gonna be
back by June, a lot earlier than the year
that people were orginally talking about
- Booker T says he's gonna give it his all at
Spring Stampede and hold on to the title
- Zybszko and Schivone talk about the Bat match
- How much ya' want to bet that it's the main event?
What World title...
- Ya know, if the World Title isn't the main event
again, that would be the second month in a row
that Sting wouldn't be on top. That was reportedly
a motivating factor in someone else deciding to
change feds...you don't think...nah...
- Psychosis over Little Dragon by Tijuana Jam
- Little Dragon (annouced from Mexico City, in case
anyone wants to know) is another protege of
Ultimo Dragon. He's wearing an outfit similiar to
Ultiomo's, execpt he seems like Misterio's size
- Man, Ultimo must be busy teaching guys. I
think we've heard four or five guys are
students of his
- Lots of hype for Savage/Sting...insert evil laugh
- Psychosis is playing the heel here...
- Psychosis is standing outside of the ring, Little
Dragon on the inside. Dragon sets up for what
seems like a springboard plancha, but the camera
cuts to the crowd. Guess he messed up the move,
because when the camera cuts back, Dragon's stuck
in the ropes. He goes for it again, and this time
the plancha works.
- I can't get over how small Little Dragon
looks...it's like Psychosis is a giant...
- Spring Stampede hype video - Bat Match.
- You know, they tease a lot of dissension on the
nWo side and none on the WCW side...kinda
- Glacier over Adrian Byrd by Croynic Kick
- NOOOOO! Not the one minute entrance! Well, even
Glacier can't ruin the mood I'm in.
- And in case you needed me to tell you, Glacier's
connection to Konnan goes like this: Glacier to
Mortis, Mortis and Raven, Raven and Benoit,
Benoit to Sullivan, DOD!
- While Glacier is being cheered, Tony mentions
how Glacier has turned his back on the fans.
- Glacier was playing the heel...
- Okay, the stupidest line of the day: Zybszko calls
Glacier "The toughest man in the
world". I am not kidding.
- I miss the Brain...what happened to him?
- Schivone says it's Bulldog vs Hennig for Spring
Stampede...I thought it was Hart vs Hennig again
- Glacier screws up the Cryonic kick, hitting Byrd
in the chest instead of the head...even Schiavone
- Nitro Highlights
- Man, those kicks they showed Hogan delievering
wern't even close
- I noticed that Hogan's attempt at hitting Piper,
while Nash was holding him, would have still hit
Nash had Piper still been there. It was way too
- Disorderly Conduct over Butch Long/Bill Payne
- I don't think they ever mention which is Long and
which is Payne, but their both wearing tie-dyes
and the one with the huge afro never makes into
- DC tries to attack Long and Payne before the
match, but DC ends up getting beat up
- DC wins with a reverse neckbreaker/double axe
handle combo. Okay looking move, kinda squash for
- Interview: Marshall with Bulldog
- Bulldog says him vs Hennig at Spring
Stampede...guess I'm wrong
- Bulldog is sick of the handcuffs...and so am I
- Bulldog says that if the nWo tries to get
involved, he's got people in the back ready to
back him up: Bret, the Anvil, Chris
Benoit and the other Candians
- Well, gee, there's only one other Canadian
in WCW who's in wrestling shape...Jericho
- Not like it means
- Next week, one more chapter in the epic feud that is High
Voltage vs Public Enemy, La Parka! and
- Konnan (w/Vincent) over Hugh Morrus by Tequila Sunrise
- Haven't we seen this match like, 5 bazillion
times? At least on Worldwide...
- The B Team music lives! I like it, personally...I
think I'll play it now...
- Ahh, better.
- Usual Konnan fare, including that sitting
- Zybszko (have I spelled his name right once
today?), about Vincent's help "Wrestling is
an indiviual sport."
- Schiavone, being insightful, brings up Zybszko
being a World Tag Team Champ
- Zybszko makes some excuse about have the right
opportunity, money, etc...
- Hugh Morrus goes up top for No Laughing Matter,
but Vincent knocks him off, right in to the
- Dang, Konnan didn't do his cradle DDT, cause I
would have told you that it's now the 187 DDT.
But I guess I can't tell you it now...
- See ya next week...