WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 4/4/98
- Excuse the slight lateness of this report...went to a Cubs
game Saturday and I'm going to another today...so I
better hurry up and write this :)
- I loved that Sosa homerun yesterday...it was a
- Sunday the 5th is Daylight Savings Time...move your clock
and hour ahead...
- Triva Question for the Day: Not including regional and
three man titles, how many titles has Ric Flair won?
- Song Dedication of the Day: "Why Can't We Be
Friends?" to the nWo...
- If you're bored, check out the
nWo web site, there's a funny article
about Konnan's true skill...and according to it, he's
still Mexican Champion...
- Macho Man's site actually has
been updated lately...but the link to his site
from the nWo web site is gone...you can still
reach it from the WCW
- Syxx (or X-Pac, whatever you call him)'s pictures
weren't removed till the middle of the
week...which I found funny...they've added more
pics to the other people's bios.
- Finnally, Disco's piledriver has a name, according to the
offical WCW Nitro review...it called the
- Disco Inferno over Barry Horowitz by The Move He Can't Use
- Barry was ahead in this one
for a long time....
- After adjusting his knee pad, Barry goes for the
a knee drop....and misses
- Atomic Drop and Chartbuster for the win...
- Lee Marshall with Bill Goldberg
- Marshall asks about the run-in on the nWo a few
weeks ago and Goldberg says he's not scared of
anyone...he'll take them out one by one, two by
two, three by three...
- Zybszko and Tony talk about Spring Stampede...I still
wonder what's up with Hennan not being there....
- Yuji Nagata w/Sonny Onoo over nWo Tenzan by Standing
- The match starts...and Tony immediately goes into
- Tenzan starts ahead, but Nagata takes over and
gets his kicks in...
- Tony and Larry keep bringing up how much that
dislike Onoo and Nagata, but want him to win...
- Tony "The fans are solidly behind
Nagata"...he must be able read minds,
because they're totally quiet...
- Tenzan goes for a powerbomb and they switch the
camera to the audience!
- We come back, Nagata's lying on the ground and
Tenzan goes up top...
- Tenzan distracts the ref (Billy Siverman) and
Sonny Onnoo kicks Tenzan off the top
rope...Standing Figure Four (which ended up being
a normal figure four) for the win....
- I was sure the Tenzan was gonna get the
- Spring Stampede promo for Sting vs Savage...
- Booker T squashed Black Cat by Harlem Hangover
- Sign 34781261834234167832 that Harlem Heat isn't
gonna be tagging any time soon: If you haven't
seen Worldwide, you might not know that they have
monitors near where the wrestlers enter the
stage. The monionts have a graphic with the
wrestlers name on it, so the fans know who it
is...well, in the past, even in singles, it
always said Harlem Heat when Booker T came
out...but today, it just said Booker T..
- They've coached the audience well...everyone does
the 'raise the roof' gesture when Booker comes
- Harlem Sidekick early...followed by arm twist,
reversal by black cat, who gets a few punches in
before the Piper eye poke
- More punches by Black Cat...Lariat by Booker T,
Thrust Kick when both get to their feet...both
men exchange punches...Black Cat with a snap
suplex...2 count...nerve hold, clothesline, 2
- T in to the ropes, flying clothesline...side
suplex, Harlem Hangover....quick match....
- Nitro Highlights from March 23rd...Piper's annoucement of
the bat match
- Dave Taylor over Ohara w/Sonny Onoo by Full Nelson Suplex
- Wasn't Taylor supposed to be WWF bound...I'll
assume he's being jobbed out this match...
- Ohara's hair reminds Zybszko of Oddjob's in the
- Both men stall locking up...a minute goes on
before anythig happnes
- Ohara drives Taylor into the corner, slaps and
punches...whip across, Taylor moves, backdrop and
big dropkick by Taylor.
- Taylor into the ropes, tripped by Onoo, elbow for
a 2 by Ohara, Taylor knocked outside, Onnoo gets
his kicks for the day, Taylor chases Onoo, but
ambushed by Ohara
- Both men in the ring...Taylor whipped in the
ropes, crossbody block...Ohara goes for a
powerbomb, backdrop and full nelson suplex for
the win..huh? Maybe he's isn't going to Titan
- Onoo and Ohara complain after the match...
- Lee Marshall with Scott Norton, about Bill Goldberg
- Norton says he respects Goldberg's abilites, but
he's not gonna take the nWo from the top...he's
gonna start with Norton...okay, whatever...
- DDP over Saturn by Diamond Cutter
- Raven's Nest is at ringside and Saturn just rolls
into the ring...
- Page's right hand is taped heavily...and he's
wearing the white rib tape
- Lodi has a Fear Us sign..Tony mentions the injury
and that he won't be in the ring for a while...
- DDP knocks Saturn out of the ring twice to start
- Clothesline by DDP and for some reason, we go to
the crowd again...that's getting annoying
- We get back to a side suplex by Saturn, who takes
control and gets a couple two counts. Saturn
starts imitating DDP, DDP gets mad, punches out
Saturn...a badly executed DDPancake, signal for
the Diamond Cutter...Saturn blocks and whips him
into the rops, Diamond Cutter and the pin...
- Lodi runs in...Diamond Cutter...Kidman runs
in...Diamond Cutter...Riggs runs in...DC
#4...Raven gets in the ring...and for a brief
instant, something interesting might be happening
on Worldwide, I can't believe it...but Hammer
jumps in the ring as well and DDP gets the heck
out of Dodge...
- Triva answer: 23 different titles.