WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 02/21/98
- Hey, welcome to another week of near pointless squash
- Couple notes, before we get started
- Stevie Ray has be found! According to an chat
with Booker T (you can find a link over at WCW Wrestling
to an archive of the event.) According to Booker
T, Stevie Rey still has that Achilles problem and
he'll be out 2 to 3 more weeks.
- There was some news over at the Bagpipe
Report about the Nasty Boys, but I'm drawing
a blank as to what it was about...go check it out
when you're done (I think it was something about
one wrestling in an indy match, but I forget...)
- Thanks for everyone who mailed about those La Parka pics
last week, I found some great ones...
- Well, before we get started, I got fill ya all in...I've
got spring break starting next weekend, so see ya in two
- Disco Inferno over Jerry Flynn by swinging neckbreaker
(the Boogy Woogy Woogy?)
- DISCO FEVER! DISCO FEVER! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!
Sorry...Disco's wearing some black and while
tights that I haven't seen him from, and he's got the
whole crowd dancing with him...
- Tony promises Saturn vs Super Calo, TPE, DDP and
as much hype as we can get in for Hogan and Sting
in 60 minutes!
- Disco with an atomic drop, followed by a flying
lariat and pushes Flynn into the turnbuckle for
- Fynn Reverses and gets some martial arts kicks,
throws to the opposite corner, spinwheel kick,
gets a 2 count.
- Snapmare by Flynn, Disco tries to get a couple
punches to the gut, but gets kicked back
down...lariat by Flynn and a 2 count
- Flynn chokes Disco on the ropes...Flynn misses a
Harlem Sidekick, Disco misses a punch, Flynn just
knocks him out ot the ring...thrust kick on the
outside by Flynn...Disco with a Stungun (he's
stealing all of Austin's moves!) and gets back in
the ring to deliver a swinging neckbreaker
- Lee Marshall with Ric Flair
- Flair hypes Chicago as a huge sport town...Flair
"We're all day and we're all night..."
- Typical Ric Flair stuff
- The Public Enemy (w/untaped table) over Disorderly
- Did Disorderly Conduct steal the Nasty Boys'
- The whole crowd was doing the Public Enemy
Wave...they can be coached well...
- Commerical break before the match...but Tony
stops the tape so we'll see the match in it's
- Of course, the match has already started by the
time we're back...DO is double teaming TPE before
the bell rings, but eventually, TPE gets back in
charge with a kick and a lariat. Rocko is in with
- Nice lariat full nelson slam combo by the members
- Nice neckbreaker/double ax handle combo by the
- Asai moonsault by Grunge
- Fans are cheering "Table!"...but we get a Drive By
instead...still cheering "table"
- The Table is in the ring, I didn't see any
pre-cut...DO gets a way before any furniture
damage and the fans boo
- Tony hypes Sting and Hogan as history and we get
a video clip PPV hype of their recent part of
their fued, lots of hype for Savage
- We come back from commericals to more Superbrawl hype and
Nitro clips, from Macho vs Hogan, Luger getting punked
for the millionth time...why would the nWo have a net
hanging from the rafters?
- Konnan w/Vincent over Rick Fuller by Tequilla Sunrise
- Rick Fuller's got a new outfit...not like it'll
matter...This is Rick Fuller, tied for last in
last year's push meter
- Konnan starts the match by kicking Fuller in the
back, knocks him to the ropes, whips him across,
lariat and clothesline to the back
- Fullers hung from the ropes so Vincent can get
his obligatory pucnh in...Konnan stomps
Fuller...Fuller drops Konnan's head on his
knee...whip to the turnbuckle and
avalanched...Konnan gets stomped and leaves the
ring...Vincent distracts and Konnan attacks from
behind agian...a dropkick to each knee knocks
the big man down again, and Tequila
Sunrise...kept on for about a minute after Fuller
- Ok, I'm not gonna be here next week, but by the time I do
this report two weeks from today, could anyone who
actually cares about this week in WCW Motorsports mail
me? I mean, I'm not saying that no one cares about auto
racing, but I doubt that WCW's involement is interesting
- Saturn over Super Calo by Rings of Saturn
- I see the Raven's Flock..apparently, Saturn
didn't feel the need to walk far and just got up
and walked three steps
- Saturn starts off ahead, but Calo rebounds off a
dropkick for a two count
- Nice German Suplex by Calo
- Lodi's up and walking around with a "Lodi
Rulz" sign and a "Fear Us" sign
- Nice walk up the turnbuckles moonsault by Calo,
but Saturn gets the Rings soon after
- Bobby "What's does Lodi do?" Tony
"He does nothing, he's an idiot."
- Nest attacks afterwards, with another Rings of
- Thunder highlights from a week ago..Flair sure was down a
long time from that one punch from Savage
- Anyone remember if Flair was the first to almost
beat Hogan? I remember Hogan submitting to the
Figure Four but knocking out the ref before he
could signal for the bell...
- More hype for Chicago's Nitro...Lee Marshall with Lex
Luger, who promises to be there...says that the nWo might
be there, but all the WCW stars will be...promises to put
someone in a rack, even Rodman...hmm?
- Whoever watches Worldwide next week gets stuck with
squash matches for: Ray Traylor, :Eddie Guerrero, The Cat
- Diamond Dallas Page over Yuji Nagata w/Sonny Onoo by
- Who stole Nagata's jacket? It was the only thing
I like about him.
- DDP in jeans, but hey, no taped ribs!
- Tony tells us the DDP and Nagata know each other
well, but doesn't explain how...
- Bobby foresees the nWo exploding if Hogan doesn't
get the title...
- Sonny Onoo gets his obligatory move in, a choke
- Bobby defends Onoo be saying it's a Japanese
greeting, which cracks Onoo up for whatever
- Inverted Atomic Drop, Lariat, signal for the Diamond
Cutter, but an eye poke for DDP..
- DDP whips Nagata into the turnbuckle, bounces off
the ropes near Nagata...both bounce back and
Diamond Cutter #76 by DDP, which looked very cool