WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 02/07/98
- Ever have something go bad on Monday and just know that
it wasn't gonna be your week? I had one of those weeks
this week...which got topped off with a fire alarm (the
first of the school year) going off in our dorm about 4
am on Friday morning...I ended up going outside, in
shorts, in 20 degree weather...not fun...
- Anyone happen to have a video clip or even pics of Rey
Mysterio being "thrown like a dart"? I don't
know why...I just want to see that again...
- Raven interfering, Jericho interfering, it's all the
same, DQ and no good ending to Benoit vs DDP...What does
it mean now? DDP/Raven fued...DDP/Benoit vs Raven's nest?
- Thanks to all you who sent in corrections for last week's
report...hopefully, I won't screw up that bad this
- Jim Duggan w/Flag and 2X4 over Barbarian w/ Jimmy Hart by
- Oh no, it's back! Not the dreaded piece of wood!
- Tony promises nWo later on today...two words for
you: Oh yeaaah!
- Ten seconds into the match, Superbrawl hype (read
Sting vs Hogan) starts...I'm surprised it took so
- Duggan and Barbarian do the three clothesline
gimmick, with Barbarain no-selling the first two
and Duggan knocking Barbarian over the top on the
- You know, I think Tony's catching on...he called
Duggan coming back out of a bearhug by Barbarian
before the third time the ref pulled his arm up...
- Hart gets on the apron, Duggan goes over to get
at him, looks back to see when Barbarian was
getting there, moves so Barabarian clotheslines
Hart, knocks Barbarian down and gives the knee
- You know, the knee drop setup looks a lot
like he's about to do a Hogan leg drop
- Yahoo...we've got hype for the Chicago Nitro, March
30th...Lee Marshall talking to Chris Jericho (w/belt)
- Wants to replace Mike's statue with one of him
- Talks trash about the Blackhawks...that makes him
a face in my book :)
- He's gonna give them a performance that the Bulls
and Blackhawks can't...
- Anyone know when tix's go on sale?
- Tony and Bobby hype Sting vs Hogan a little more
- Chris "Pound for Pound, the best wrestler in the
World" Benoit over Dave Sierra
- Tony talks about Benoit not getting his due title
- By his outfit, I got to figure that Sierra was
one of the Barrio Brothers from long ago...anyone
- Sierra took the early advantage...Ric Flair
- For any of you northern Indiana folks, March
21st, Hammond, Indiana, WCW will be in town.
- Ray Traylor, despite being powerbombed and being
sore and bruised, will be back in action today :)
- Not too many moves, but a lot of brawling...
- Chris goes for the Swan Dive, with Sierra 2/3rds
of the way across the ring, may have just barely made
- Wow, Raven's Nest was at ringside...you know what
would have really cool? If they did anything but
sit there when Benoit walked by...
- I think I saw Stevie Richards...must have
been old footage
- For all of you who haven't seen
Worldwide, I've got to point this out to you,
Raven's Nest sits right next to the camera
they use to do the normal ring camera
shot, away from most of the crowd. The
place where they sit isn't shown most
matches...so they could be there anytime
and they don't have to show us.
- Nitro Highlights....followed by Superbrawl commerical
(the count was definitely sped up)
- Harlem Heat over High Voltage by Big Apple
- Brain fills us in, Voltage been in Europe and the
Orient...Kaos's hair is in braids...
- This is what I like...a good old tag team
- They point out that Stevie Ray hasn't been on TV
- Heat start off ahead with Rage being beat by
Stevie Ray...Rage gets the tag when Booker T
comes in...Kaos and Rage double team for a while
but Booker gets a few moves...
- High Voltage takes a few shortcuts on Booker
T...Rage and Kaos get a few good moves, Booker T
with good side suplex race to tag...Stevie Ray on
fire...cleans house real quick...tags
Booker T....Big Apple
- If I cared, I'd tell that this week in WCW
Motorsports was on...but I don't...
- Thunder (in Paradise) highlights...Nash getting fined,
Nash powerdroping the ref....Nash gets arrested....hasn't
he been paying attention to DDP? Leave through the crowd!
That way, you don't get arrested...
- "nWo"'s Tenzan over Tony Carr by Top Rope
- Tenzan totally destroys Tony Carr early...beating
the heck out of Carr and not even flinching on
- Talk about Muta, Chono and Tenzan in nWo (w/ the
"other" Sting, M. Wallstreet and Big
"Razor Ramon 2" Titlat) and the need
for a Bischoff-like character to lead
them...scary, one's enough.
- Tenzan may break Meng's record for no-selling...not a move yet...nice brainbuster,
followed by another 2/3rds away headbutt that
almost made it (like Benoit's) for the win
- Lee Marshall hypes the Nitro...(Tix on sale Feb 13th,
this week, Friday!) and talks to Disco Inferno
- Disco "Da Bears, Da Bulls" calls the Chicago
fans morons...says MJ has done nothing compared to what
he's done: two TV champion
- He's twice as good as anyone who's won it twice
- Disco "and I'm gonna burn the mother (pause)
down." Got a laugh out of me...
- Ric Flair over Barry Horowitz by Figure Four
- These two ever meet in Flair's WWF tour?
- Brain "and who can you compare his [Flair]
record to? I hear he may be trying to compare it
to Wilt Chamberlain's record soon..."
- Talk about Bret's respect for Flair, after Souled
- Tony and Brain argue about if Brain's
arrogant...and they end up sounding like
- The talk up the championships Flair has won...and
who he's beat for them...
- Some nice work from both guys, quick moving
match...Horowitz misses a dropkick and it time
for the figure four...Flair keeps it on a little
long and gets a shot in Horowitz after...kinda
heelish, I'd have to say...