WCW Worldwide - Saturday 12/27/97
- Thanks to everyone for all the responses I got from my
questions last week and the positive remarks I got from
my New Year's Resolutions...I really appreciate the
- I'll try some more questions again this week, for some
info everyone may be interested in:
- This week's theme is MIA....wrestlers who have
absolutely dissappeared lately and I'd like to
know why. I'm looking for info about four
different people, if I get some info, I'll share
it with everyone...
- The four people are:
- M. Wallstreet (Mike Rotundo)
- Rage and Kaos of High Voltage (They might
be in Japan or was that just the WWF's
- Scott Putski of the WWF (I know he was
hurt at a PPV this summer...but not a
word about him since)
- I got to watch Nitro this week...I rarely get to, so it
was a big thing for me and I was hyped up for it...and it
really let me down...
- Of all the WCW Worldwide shows this year, I so much
wished the voice over was done this week...Worldwide is
taped a week in advance and it would have been nice to
see how they (Tony most of all) would have dealt with
Heenan going nWo this Monday...instead, we have to wait
till the PPV to find out...
- And I'm willing to bet that Heenan shows up,
expecting to be welcomed back, acting like
- I also want to pass on something that I've heard...Dean
Malenko may miss the PPV to witness the birth of his
child (which is much more important) and Rey Mysterio
would take his place...if that does happen, I doubt Eddie
losing the CW title...
- Let's get the show going...
- Psicosis/Psychosis over Joey Maggs by Super Leg Drop
- I've seen his name spelled both ways, so I'm not
sure which is right...
- See, if a Top Rope Hurricanna is a Super
Hurricanna, and the same applies for a power
bomb, why not a leg drop?
- Hey, I just noticed, in the opening, they still
have a clip of Jarrett...
- It takes them 5 seconds to get to Starrcade hype
- Psicosis dominates...the announcers pay attention
for a couple seconds, but then talk about the
possible destruction of the nWo...hinting the
- Joey Maggs is rolling...talking about how Hogan
blamed everyone when he lost the title last
- Tony points out that Psicosis is wearing his old
mask...the wonders of taping weeks in advance
- Tony and Bobby talk about Starrcade...Bobby says he'll be
there, he's going to broadcast the match and see a new
champ, which is ironic since in this month's Pro Wrestling Illustrated, Bobby picked Hogan to win the match
- Starrcade hype...Raven and Benoit still on card...DDP vs
Hennig...Shouldn't the Superbowl Ring be on the line in
the Mongo vs Goldberg? Snickers is the official sponsor
of Souled Out 2...
- Disco Inferno over Steve Armstrong by Stone Cold
- Steve Armstrong lost the coin toss, he's the heel
in this one
- Tony S says pretty much everyone has cable
- Bobby's advice to Disco "Forget the hair.
One of these days, it won't be there."
- Oh yea, they're gonna reply that Battle of Giants
stuff from Nitro
- Bobby asks Tony "Did you ever think you see
Bret Hart in WCW or nWo?" Personally,
- They are actually half paying attention to this
match, unlike the last one...
- Listen to this hype from Tony "Steve
Armstrong, Disco Inferno, all the wrestlers in
this sport know how important Sting vs Hogan
- Disco's good at getting that SC Chartbuster come
out of nowhere...Steve sure wasn't ready :)
- The Human Dart, err...Rey Mysterio Jr will be on
- Hugh Morrus over Greg "Hammer" Valentine by
- Hugh won Rock, Paper, Scissors, so he's the face
- Hugh's really selling some weak elbows by
- Tony calls Sting the Franchise....I haven't heard
Sting called that in the longest time...
- Valentine's dominating early on, but misses an
elbowdrop outside the ring...he did a nice job of
selling a hurt back after
- The announcers wake up to see Hugh Morrus miss
his No Laughing Matter and Valentine misses his
Elbowdrop, so Hugh just rolls Valentine up...
- They air comments from both Giant and Nash with
highlights mixed in about their match at Starrcade
- You know, there's one thing I don't
understand...WCW is acting as if this feud only
goes back a few weeks...but these two have gone
back a lot longer then that...Why not bring back
some highlights from Superbrawl (Luger/Giant vs
Outsiders) or Nash's fake Sting at Bash at the
- Starrcade promo, all about Sting vs Hogan...they show
part of Sting/nWo action that got cut off a couple weeks
- Scott Norton w/Vincent over Lenny Lane by Shoulderbreaker
- Just a theoretical question...since Norton uses
the B music and Buff uses the nWo A music, what
music would they come out to as Viscous and
Delicious? (Assuming they tag ever again)
- Tony "You really don't dislike the nWo as
much as I do?" Bobby "Uhh..."
- Bobby, after thinking, said "I don't
like Hogan"....he got over that,
- They pay attention to this match? It was probably
the worst on the card but the most attention from
- This week in WCW Motorsports...isn't the season over
already? Oh, it's another year in review
- They promise "Major Announcements" in
January...Great, that means we get more of
- Rey Mysterio Jr. over Alex Wright by Asai Hurracanrana
- Ok, explain this to me...they say closed
captioned is sponsored by 1-800-Yes Credit, so I
turn on closed captioning, just for the heck of
it...and there isn't any closed captioning!
- They treat us to a commercial break before the
- Tony talks about Alex wanting European rules here
and starts talking about how the US is the best
nation in the world and if Alex wants those
rules, he should go back to Germany...really went
off for no good reason
- Alex wants a test of strength at the beginning of
the match, but Rey doesn't think so...
- Talk about what side Bret Hart is on...I'll fill
you in, he's in for himself (and maybe for an
Anvil or Bulldog)
- Dang, Rey looks tiny next to Alex...and both
are/were supposedly cruiserweights
- Alex dominates most of the early match...a Super
Kneedrop (I like it!) causes Alex to dance
- Rey keeps running into clotheslines...talk about
Ric Flair being at Starrcade and the DDP vs
- Long match...Alex goes to the top, but gets
crotched by Mysterio and Rey goes to the top rope
in the middle of the ring and I make up a new
name for a move
- After the match, Rey does some of his own Techno
Dancing...I cracked up