WCW Worldwide - Saturday 11/29/97
- I had a choice...keep writing ANOTHER term paper or take
a break around midnight on Sunday and finally write this
thing up...and faster then Tony could shout "It's
Sting!", I started writing...
- I just wanted to point out, after that whole thing with
Bill just finding out about Hugh Morrus, the significance
of Louie Spicolli's "The Real Innovator"
- It's a slap in the face of Tommy Dreamer of ECW,
Spicolli's former promotion, who bill himself as
the Innovator of Violence for some of the shots
he takes and gives...
- Spicolli did his own share of wild weapons
brawling in ECW, but not nearly as much as
- Speaking of ECW, since I've put of writing this, I know
some about what happened at NTR...Some how (I call it the
kind of booking Uncle Eric would be proud of) Justin
Credible lost to Mickey Whipwreck...Oh yeah, there were
title matches and stuff, and I guess Stevie
Richards thinks Pittsburgh is actually Italy,
because he was there...
- To all of you out there who say Mongo McMicheal doesn't
belong in the 4Horseman, if they do come back, shut up!
Mongo's acting the most like a true horseman, by
getting Bill Goldberg at the PPV...sure, it was just a
way for WCW to cover up an injury to Goldberg, but that's
how the Horseman are supposed to be doing things, taking
advantage of others, not going up against superior
numbers by themselves, which is exactly what Flair and
Benoit are doing!
- As I get off my soapbox, let's start the show!
- Chavo Guerrero Jr. over Adrian Byrd by Death Valley
- One last note on Spicolli...I think this has been
said already, but if not, Spicolli invented
- Chavo dominated, as much as you would expect...
- Well, a match with no point, let's get another
one of those! ;-)
- Tony and Brain talk about Starrcade...Sting, Hogan, Sting,
Hogan, Sting, Hogan...
- Lee Marshall talks to Chris Benoit
- The main topic is about Benoit getting title
shots down the line...(He is feuding with Raven's
Nest, how about the TV title?)
- Maybe it was just me being half asleep, but
Benoit seemed fine behind the mic today...
- Johnny Swinger over Julio Sanchez by leg drop
- Ask and you shall receive...I ought to shut my
- I had a vision not long ago...Swinger and Disco,
the two most happening dudes in WCW, with the tag
- In an almost unrelated note (aren't they all??) I
was watching an ad for WWF's set of
Wrestlemania...they have a clip of Andre vs
Hogan....Hogan was, by today's standard, skying
with his legdrop...it looked impressive, too bad
it doesn't anymore...
- Curt Hennig over The Punisher by Hennigplex
- Come on, this is sad....I feel so sorry for the
people who were sitting in the stadium watching
- Hennig was OK, the Punisher was bad....
- I don't think they ever mentioned if the title
was on the line for this one, if it matters...
- Lee Marshall talked to Chris Jericho...If you want to
hear what he said, go to WCW's
Ross Reports and go back a couple weeks...it's just
foreshadowing the full heel turn...
- Glacier and Ernest Miller over Tim Cheeks and Mark Kyle
by Miller's Spinning Kick from the top
- Glacier's turning heel...but not in this match
- No mention of that impending heel turn, in fact,
little mention of any the matches so far...
- Bill, didn't you see Glacier tagging with
Renegade in the future? I see it coming...
- Cyclope over Shibu Nomunaga by an STF?
- I know it was a submission, but I couldn't tell
what hold...and the announcers were as much help
- Speaking of the Two Stooges (Tony and Brain), they
really helped in giving some background on these
- Boy, I'm in a bad mood today...
- Harlem Heat w/Miss Jacqueline over Stevie Regal and Dave
Taylor by Heat Seeker/Big Apple Kick/Harlem Sidekick...
- I have enough trouble keeping Stevie Ray and
Booker T straight, don't even mention the name of
the week for the finisher...
- You know how I said I was in a bad mood...well,
if the Heat had to job to this tag team again, I
couldn't decide if I would break my TV or jump
out the window..
- Now, should this make Harlem Heat #1 contenders?
Yes. Will they get a title shot? Maybe. Will they
actually get to beat the Steiners?