WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, 11/08/97
WCW Saturday Night - Saturday, 11/08/97
Note from Bill: Unfortunately, due to ongoing work commitments, Ben J. will no longer be able to do the WCWSN reports. Many thanks to Ben for his hard work, and his being my very first regular guest reporter. His final comments:
Due to an increased workload, I have to stop doing the Saturday Night reports. I will hopefully be back to report on the new Thursday show that is starting next year. Thanks for all your messages, and thanks, Bill, for allowing me this space to ramble and yammer to the Internet folks.
An important note here is that all of the guest reporters are required to type up reports every week and rush them off to me...all for no pay and no glory. Much as I love getting your e-mail about how much you like DDT Digest, I get plenty. So, if you really like the writing of one or more of the guest writers, please let them know. It's the only "payment" they get.
Concept19, who did the WCWSN report two weeks ago will be covering tonight. Starting next week, Creed (who did last Monday's Nitro report) will take over WCW Saturday Night on a weekly basis.
- The show starts with a International contest...
- Eddie Guerrero pins Chris Adams with the frog splash
- Adams looks great in the ring for a man of his years.
- Fifteen years ago he'd wipe the floor with Eddie. Of course, Eddie would still be a teenager.
- Eddie really working on Adams' legs. He knows how to avoid the superkick
- Regal is outside. I should have seen this coming.
- Eddie wins by Frog Splash after Regal interference.
- Interview with Perry Saturn and Raven
- Saturn: "Finally the title in the hands of a real man not a disco dancing joke!" Hmm...I wonder who he meant???
- Disco Inferno pins Louie Spicolli
- Spicolli laughs at Disco's entrance. I guess that makes two of us.
- Spicolli looks right in Disco's face and calls him a loser
- Disco and Spicolli are really going head to head with each other
- Disco gets the win with a back drop.
- Hardwork Bobby Walker over Jerry Flynn
- Flynn attacks early. Walker doesn't even get his robe off.
- Pretty even match...Flynn isn't backing down at all.
- Hardwork executes a new type of piledriver for the win.
- Gedo pins Psychosis after interference by Sonny Ono
- I wonder Between his mask and his hair, can Psychosis see anything?
- Gedo blows a spot after a slingshot to the ropes. He was supposed to land outside the ring but he didn't make it. He looks pretty silly climbing over the ropes landing outside and looking surprised afterward.
- Psychosis misses an over the top rope leap to the outside and lands on his head.
- Ono distracts Psychosis and allows Gedo to win the match
- Video of last year.s Battle Royale with the Giant winning as part of the nWo.
- Glacier and Ernest Miller over High Voltage by pinfall
- High Voltage attacks during Glaciers intro. Thank God they cut it down to just 10 minutes.
- Blown spot again. This time by High Voltage. Rage is kicked by Glacier and he is supposed to go over the top rope. He doesn't make it either and has to roll under.
- Miller pins Chaos after a kick off the second rope.
- Interview with Giant and Luger. Their thoughts about World War III.
- Hugh Morrus pins Barry Horowitz
- Horowitz is really handling Morrus
- Horowitz had the match in complete control until he runs into a boot to the face and is out cold.
- No Laughing Matter...enough said.
- Replay of Bischoff's phone call on Nitro
- Replay of Giant in Lucha Libre Battle Royale
- Replay of Mike Tenay's Lucha Libre Report
- Lots of replays in the last fifteen minutes
- Lucha Libre Battle Royale!!!
- No introductions given but I can identify Lizmark Jr., El Dandy, Silver King, Juventud Guerrera, La Parka, Psychosis (again) Super Calo, and both Villanos. They're a few more but I can't tell who they are.
- Final four are El Dandy, Psychosis, Juventud, and La Parka.
- La Parka wins with a chair smash on Juventud and Psychosis.
- John Nord & Barry Darsow over Disorderly Conduct in a squash
- These are two new teams to WCW
- Nord and Darsow looks good against their opponents...that means Disorderly Conduct isn't very impressive.
- Disorderly Conduct managed only one tag the entire match
- Nord wins it with the Camel Clutch.
- Replay of Raven in Sixth Grade.
- Oh, boy, RAVEN!!! That means time for a bathroom break!!
- Luger and Giant over Faces of Fear
- I haven't seen Luger & Giant together in a while. I wonder when this was taped?
- Faces of Fear spend the entire match beating on Luger
- Luger finally tags the Giant and all four fight at once
- Luger racks the Barbarian for the win and Giant chokeslams Meng.
- Roll the credits.