WCW Worldwide - Saturday 11/02/97
- Sorry for this being later then usual..I went to the NIU vs Ohio (sorry, don't have a clue about the link) on Saturday afternoon, and was busy all
Sunday, but, hey, why do you care?
- I'd like to thank everyone who visited my webpage last
week (via Shameless Plug(tm)). I appreciated all of the
hits; in the first week, I went over 100 hits. Thanks,
and I promise no more plugs.
- Anyone who happened to listen to the RA show for Nitro
last week, the Cubs Fan that was mentioned was yours truly.
Nice for Madden to tell us that Public Enemy would be
facing Disco's parents later that night. He's a BIG help.
- Just surfing before I wrote this up and found some
intersting things. On the WCW page, Mark
Madden talks about the tag team situation in WCW. He says
some interesting things, but what he doesn't say I find
more interesting. The words "Nasty Boys" were
missing from the whole article. Draw your own
- And on the nWo site (updated finnally!), they have a new
bio section, currently with only Hall, Nash, Syxx, Hogan,
Savage, and Eric. More are supposed to be up later, but
me being curious, started typing for others. Here's my
- Bagwell, Norton: Page and Pictures up, but no
- Vincent: Page up, but no picture or description
- Muta, Chono, Konnan (also Konan, K-Dog and
K-Dawg) and Hennig (also Henning and Perfect :)
were not up at all. Again, draw your own
- Syxx over Bobby Starr by Buzzkiller
- Tony causes the return of the over exageration of
the week by uttering this line, "We are well
in the month of November". 1 day into the
month is well into it?
- Later on in the show, DDP beats up someone, and
the Good Guerreros vs High Voltage
- This is so scary, I actually want to see
a match on Worldwide...The tag match is
- It was almost like Syxx was like a face for parts
of the match, strange.
- Um, maybe the rumors are true about Eric wanting
Syxx to tone down his act. The camera abruptly
cut to the crowd during the Bronco Buster!
- Arn Anderson with Lee Marshall
- I'm ticked at myself at flipping through and
missing the begining of this segment.
- AA "Flair's got to go his own way"
- He talks about the Horseman being idiots in the
past - attacking Dusty Rhodes in his driveway,
Sam Houston in the parking lot, and the attack
on Mangum TA in the Onmi.
- AA "Flair's the biggest idiot I know, and
you got to be an idiot to take on the nWo"
- Just so I can say it three times in one week,
make your own conclusions on him being on TV.
- Dean Malenko over Chad Fortune by the Texas Cloverleaf
- I began to wonder, why Texas? Why not Flordia?
- Malenko has just passed Ric Flair in succesful
top rope manuevers this year, with a flying cross
- Back and forth, good match.
- Missed drop kick led to the end.
- High Voltage over The Good Guerreros (Hector and Chavo
Jr.) (see below for ending)
- This was a fun back and forth match up. WCW,
please give me more of these
- Took them 5 seconds to start talking about Eddie,
but then stopped talking about him the whole rest
of the match
- Guerreros, the less experienced tag team, were
rolling early on.
- Hector on fire segment, chaos (not Kaos :) near
- The match had an intersting ending. Rage tries to
lift Junior up for a powerbomb twice, but Chavo
blocks both times. Hector climbs the turnbuckle
(Kaos and him had been battling on the outside)
and hits Rage with a cross body block and covers.
Nick Patrick makes Chavo get out of the ring
before he'll count, Kaos headbutts Hector and
puts Rage on top behind Patrick's back and High
Voltage gets the pin.
- Lee Marshall with Bobby Hennan
- Lee talks about how syndication is taped in
- Bobby talks about misdirecting tourists
- Why couldn't I miss this start of this one and
not the last one?
- Steve Regal over Yuji Nagata w/o Sonny Onoo by Regal
- Brain says Sonny's in the audince, watching the
- Seeing as between the July tapings and the recent
ones, WCW has a lot of matches to work with, why
are the showing one that has one of their
unpushed wrestlers beating a pushed one?
- My guess, between Regal's weight and the outcome
is that this is one of the July matches
- Slow match...
- They were pushing Nagata's kicks...who else
around here is known for their stiff kicks?
Ultimo Dragon. Ironic? (I'll save you from
repeating the phrase for the fourth time)
- DDP over Johnny Swinger by Diamond Cutter (method #1)
- Ok, the dumb act of the week, the Brain asking
"Are we going to see the Diamond
- That was almost beat by Tony's observant remark,
"Boy, he has some fans out there, doesn't he"=
- Slow start, but picked up at the end
- Late in the match, I thought I was watching the
new Marc Mero, because DDP was punching the heck
out of Swinger. In a related note, WCW's
retaliation for Mero using a version of the
Diamond Cutter appears to be having Disco Inferno
use a version of the Stone Cold Stunner as his
new finisher, the Chartbuster.
- Tony comes close to beating himself, by pulling
this one out: "World War 3 has virtually
ever star in our sport". Yea, you know every
star except for the ones in the WWF and ECW, and,
oh yea, the ones in Japan and Mexico. Does that
seem like virtually everyone to you?