WCW Worldwide - Saturday, 10/18/97
- Sorry for the lack of quality writing (or writing at all)
for the last few weeks..I'll try to make it up to you all
- BTW, for those of you in the Chicago area looking, (like
I was late last Saturady night) for what time Worldwide
is now on, let me tell you. It's now on at 10 AM on
Saturday mornings, on the UPN station, WPWR, channel 50
for people who don't have cable.
- In case you're wondering, I have taken a couple peeks at
the results from the tapings going on for Worldwide and
Pro. I've figured this, with some help from you guys: The
matches I'm watching right now were taped about three
months ago...So I'm assuming that I won't be seeing
those matches for another three months and would have
forgetten about them. Also, if you think about all the
matches they tape, and realize there's only about 5 per
show, you realize that many of the matches never make it
to the shows, so I might as well see what happens now.
- Right before I starting writing this today, I happened to
wander over to WCW's site, and I found my exaggeration of
the week...In a interview with Disco Inferno, this is
what he thinks about his TV title win: ""I
wouldn't consider it an upset; I've always been a
prime-time player." LOL, the only way he
was in prime time six months ago when he was trying to
remember how to do the Last Dance on Saturday Night!
- One last comment, about a sign on Nitro - "Bears
need Mongo"...a small correction is needed -
"Bears need Mongo to coach"...GO FOR THE EXTRA
POINT!! (sorry, you had to see the game)
- Let's flip the switch on the heat machine, and get this
- The Renegade over Tim Cheeks by Backbreaker
- It's been months since Renegade has been on
Worldwide. I try to hope that it'll be months
more before he's back
- Ok, let's forget this one, and just restart the
show with the match...
- Konnan/K-Dog/The unpushed member of the Wolfpack over
Sumo Fuji by Tequila Sunrise
- This show is surprise after surprise....
- You know, I'm wondering, why hasn't Konnan got
involved in this whole demasking over Rey
Mysterio Jr. Wasn't he trying to do it himself a
few months ago? I smell a run in at Halloween
- "Surprise, it's me!" Alex Wright over "I'm
still here?" Hugh Morrus
- Well, if it wasn't for the fact that Morrus
hasn't had a point in WCW since Konnan and him
broke up, this match might be the match of the
- I didn't catch the move that put Morrus down for
the pin (might have been a superplex, but doubt
it), but I did notice that Alex is getting better
and better at putting his feet on the ropes to
assist in a pin.
- I'm pretty much sure the Alex Wright will be the
surprise, and will be destroyed by Mongo..of
course, I'm the man who predicted Raven to be
DDP's partner a while back.
- Hugh Morrus, there's a couple guys I think you
need to talk to...one's named Vince, and the
other is Paul. Think about it...
- The Mortal Kombants over Adrian Byrd and Keith Northcutt
by Glacier's Steviekick rip off on Northcutt
- Somewhere out there, there's a fan of
Glacier's....besides Eric. If you are this
lonely, and mixed up soul, please answer me this
- More kicks like the Bears offense, and like the punter,
they don't always hit they're marks...
- The song "Kung Fu Fighting" did pop in
my head while watching this "wrestling"
- Steve "Mongo" McMichael over Greg "The Old
and Rusty Hammer" Valentine by Tombstone Piledriver
- Something occured to me...one time tag team
partners, Steve Austin and Steve Regal, have both
been hurt in their necks by the same
- Uninteresting match...