WCW Worldwide - Sunday, 09/06/97
- A few things to hit before I get to the report:
- First, this report is the first to come from my college. The
Cubsfan is going to Loyola Univerisity Chicago, in case you wanted to know. I would tell you where, but I wouldn't want
all those autograph seekers :)
- You know that Chicago house show Lee and me have been talking about
for the last few months? Well, it seems they had the same card at Market Square Arena
in Indy, and you can click here to get that card results. Credit goes to Wrestlingnews.com, Stunner, and anyone
- Next week, Worldwide is being pushed back to Midnight here in
Chicago, so if I seem annoyed during it, that's why.
- Finally, I missed about 20 minutes of the show because of an
important thing I had to do. I think there's one match missing, if anyone
can fill it in, I'd appreciate it.
- First Match - Brad "Evil is good" Armstrong over Julio Sanchez
- We have yet to get a pushed wrestler vs pushed wrestler since
Worldwide was redone last week. This comes close to being a jobber vs.
- I've always like Brad, he makes it interesting no matter how many
losses he gets.
- Maybe it was just me, but wasn't it ironic that with his pro-USA
outfit while a face that he used a finisher that had a foreign name?
- Russian Leg Sweep for the win
- Lying Lee Marshall with Randy Savage
- Supposely, this interview is taking place from the United Center
locker room. Yea, it just looks like the same old stuido.
- Well, the card's tommorow, so why don't we spend all night hyping
it. Lee broke in during the matches just to remind us for the billionth time
that about tomorrow's card.
- Randy talks about taking apart DDP. Same thing we've heard
before, nothing new.
- Here's where I had to leave temporarly. Feel free to fill me in.
- Third Match? Jim Powers w/Teddy Long over Some Jobber
- I come back, and Jim Powers is talking into the camera with Teddy.
Powers won? He had to faced some loser. Which means that Rick Fuller does
- I learn later the Bobby Walker came out to give his tag team
partner some words of advice. The essance of the blind leading the blind
- Tony plugs the main event, Barbarian vs Luger. Wow, I don't know
where that ones gonna end up :)
- Nitro Highlight - Arn Anderson's speech, in its full form. That was the
first time I heard it (no cable), and I'm gonna miss him.
- Lying Lee with JJ Dillion
- Lee points out that there's a card in Chicago tommorow. No way!
- JJ calls Chicago a second home for the Horseman.
- JJ says he's in town to make sure the rubber match of Luger and
Hogan goes well. For those who haven't yet, go up to that link and see how
much good JJ did.
- Fourth Match - Eddie "Evil Bandana Man" Guerrero over Bobby "HardJobbing" Walker
- I notice now that everyone has new music. It seems WCW is updating
it's music, and the newer music will be in thier video games this fall, WCW
Nitro and WCW vs nWo.
- Walker begins the match by trying to shake hands with Eddie. Eddie
thinks it over, motions his hand over to shake, and then pulls it back at the
last second and smooths his hair.
- As typical of Worldwide matches of late, good back and forth match.
- Bobby talks about Eddie cutting off his family from his money.
- The ending squence was cool. It went like this.
- Bobby's on fire, he goes to the top, but Eddie shakes the ropes,
and Bobby lands on the turnbuckle
- Eddie points to his head, saying I'm thinking, exactly like Jarrett
- Eddie superplexes Bobby off the turbuckle, goes to the oppisite
turnbuckle, gets on top, yells "This is for you, mamma!" and Frog Splashes
Walker for the win.
- Fifth Match - Lex "nWo?" Luger over Barbarian w/Jimmy "Mr. Not Monday
- Ok, so this isn't a push vs jobber match, it might as well be, as
we all know who's gonna win anyway.
- Question of the week: In their match at Fall Brawl, who's the face,
Faces of Fear or Masters of the Universe? Think about it.
- Tony and Bobby talk about Luger and DDP's problems of late.
Please, don't have either of them turn.
- Tony calls the Barbarian's finisher (Big kick in the face) the Kick
Of Fear. Didn't know that had a name, didn't want to know
- After Barbarian hits Luger with the KOF, Luger just sits back up,
and gets thrown out of the ring for the effort.
- The Barbarian finds an amazing counter to the Rack before Luger can
get him up, the eye rake :P
- Barbarian tries to whip Luger into the ropes, but he reverses it,
and Torture Rack's Barbarian.