Pro Wrestling Questions
Pro Wrestling Questions
Note: As of 8/16, the Question and Answer section is permanently closed to new questions. I'm doing this for a number of reasons:
Feel free to answer any outstanding questions here. Everyone should feel free to send me questions, but if I don't know the answers, you will get back an "Sorry, I don't know" rather than me posting the question.
- It is taking a disproportionate amount of the time I spend on DDT Digest.
- When I weigh the time spent on the this feature against others and the relative positive feedback, it's not worth it. I get lots of great feedback on the blading feature, Nitro Reports, and Brushes with Greatness. I will soon be doing a new historical feature, ala the Blading feature, shortly. It makes sense to spend more time on the things people are enjoying more.
- If, in fact, the rumors are true and WCW starts presenting Thursday Night Nitro, I need to make time to do that.
- It's hard to manage this page when you get three different answers to the same question. Given that, this page isn't going in the direction I wanted it to. For example, EVERYONE has a different answer on Rick Steiner's headgear.
If you have answers or comments on any of these questions, please e-mail me. (Before sending me e-mail, please read this.) Thanks!
- Is there downloadable video footage anywhere on the internet of that 1985 talk show incident where Hulk Hogan accidentally dropped Richard Belzer and busted his head open?
- Who was a masked wrestler named "Devil Blue" for the NWA/WCW in the mid 80's?
- Since Scott Steiner was still holding the television championship when he left WCW for the WWF, did the Steiner Brothers give late notice to WCW?
- What soap opera did Konan appear in? Is he still involved?
- DDP was an accomplished high school baseball player. When and where did he play? Did he ever play collegiately?
- Was Ricky Steamboat really a two-time amateur champion or was Pro Wrestling Illustrated just giving him credibility?
- What bowling alleys did Orndorff own in his stint out of the sport? Was he an accomplished bowler?
- Does anyone out there regularly tape USWA on TV? Someone in England would like to work out a deal getting copies of the tapes.
- Does anybody know of a wrestler named Dave DeJohn? He wrestles as Danger.
- Who was Blackjack Mulligan's cousin, Luke (not to be confused with Hillbilly Jim's cousin)?
- What was Magnificent Mimi's finishing move?
- Whatever happened to Buzz Tyler?
- Whatever happened to Joel "Nighthawk" Coltrane?
- Whatever happened to Enforcer Luciano?
- Was Eric Embry injured when he fell off the scaffold in a six-man match in 1987? That scaffold was higher than normal.
- When did the Steiners wrestle at the University of Michigan?
- Where did Jeff Jarrett play college basketball?
- Despite rumors that said otherwise, why did Kevin Von Erich never join Kerry Von Erich in the WWF in 1990-1991?
- I have heard Harley Race legally changed his name to Harley Race what was his name prior to the name change?
- What was David Von Erich's middle name?
- When Kevin Von Erich was called in to team with Michael "P.S." Hayes in Georgia in 1981, how often did he compete in that territory?
- Who were the Power Twins in the UWF?
- Who were the Creatures? They were a WCW Tag Team in 1991.
- Who were the Mexican Twin Devils from 1988? (The following e-mail was received on 5/17/05: As your question of who were the Mexican Twin Devils from 1988, I have your answer. These men were my father and uncle. They were born in Gualadajara, Jalisco and originaly started wrestling in Mexico. In 1979 we came to the U.S. because they were given jobs here in the U.S. They did travel to many different contries over time and they have both since passed away. They are my heroes and were wonderful role models even in their own personal lives.)
- Does anyone know anything about a wrestler named Osuch?
Questions that were answered (feel free to provide additional information on any of them):
- What ever happened to the jobber in the WWF in the mid 80's called Big John Rizzo? Jennifer says: John Rizzo is living in NY and works full time. He also does small walk-on roles for movies, such as A Bronx Tale and Rounders.
- Whatever happened to the Canadian wrestler Big Sky? Tyler from Lakewood, Colorado says: "
Big Sky (real name Tyler Mane) has just been cast to play Sabertooth in the upcoming X-Men live action movie. Shooting starts in July of '99.
I've been looking ALL OVER for a picture of him, so if ANYONE can send me one, I'll be forever grateful!!"
- When was the Diamond Cutter first used? Who was its first victim? Quiet Entertainer says: "I do believe that move was first used in the ECW by Steve Austin (a variation of the move called the Stunner which he still uses.) The DC is being way over done in the ECW by a tag team which has even more variations than DDP has. You should see some of these. Of course, I don't get ECW where I'm at. I saw ECW first PPV when I was at college in Murfreesboro, TN. I remember when DDP was wrestling with Kevin Nash and I don't think he used it then. That was right about the time I took a year off from watching wrestling becasue they disbanded the Dangerous Alliance and Mr. Perfect had retired and I just wasn't into it anymore until they started having 2 hour long Nitros. The first time I saw a DC was on Bobby Eaton on WCW Saturday Night.
The variations on the DC can be done with the DDT except for the fireman's carry. Arn Anderson used to do some of those against the Great Muta. It was one of Arn's little moves when he's getting beat up so bad and then he doesn't exactly "Hulk" but he gets in a zone where he ducks everything and pulls his finisher out of no where. I'm sure you remember that."
Dave says it was Johnny Ace's Ace Crusher.
- What did Harlem Heat do prior to wrestling? Did they have an athletic background? Quiet Entertainer says: "This isn't written in stone, but the WCW home page used to do features on their wrestlers about the time when the nWo was about 3 persons big. No. 4 on your FAQ asks about Harlem Heat. Now this was a while ago but I remember it saying that both of the brothers played football somewhere in Texas collegiately with Stevie Ray being a linebacker and Booker T being a cornerback. I also remember Jim Ross saying something about that when he was with WCW."
Back to DDT Digest